Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who or what is CREITZ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DoggieBoy Johnson, Dec 2, 2005.

1. MilesM

MilesM

I have A sbc intake manifold of his. It is configured to have two fours but you could get the same manifold with a blower mount patern and I think 3x2.

1Nimrod likes this.
  2. oldschool1956olds

oldschool1956olds

i have a 2x4 creitz chevy intake....so they dont perform that well. i was going to run it on my 1956 olds w/chevy engine. i was hoping it would preform good but if not im get rid of it and putting 3x2 on it instead. shawn

3. MilesM

MilesM

We need a pic of the air cleaner please.

1Nimrod likes this.
  4. tom heath

tom heath
    from Enid, Ok.

hi finked I also have a creitz oval air cleaner I bought a 57 austin healey which had a engine swap some time around 1970 with a chev 350 and it had a creits ovel on it, our buddy gvgorden saw it and told me it was racing history and not to get rid of it unless it was to him/ to those who dont know us we live about 2 hr west of tulsa

1Nimrod likes this.
  5. S.F.

S.F.

Sold Dave Shutten a supposed Creitz drag boat intake, neither of us knew a thing about it....asked him the other day if he found anymore out about it but he hadn't.

1Nimrod likes this.
  6. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

heres a creitz wheel..kinda rough but still looks kinda neat.

Attached Files:

1Nimrod and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Those foot pedals are wild, Kev. Are those some you've found or pictures of ones you are still looking for?

8. They are mine.

1Nimrod likes this.
  9. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I have had 2 of the 2x4 intakes and ran one on my old coupe. It didn't have great low end but low rise 2x4's aren't noted for their low end anyway. However upper end was great and the coupe got 20+ mpg on the hwy w/2 AFB's !!!

1Nimrod and pbr40 like this.
  10. Brandon;
    How rare are they,didn't you have a set once?...
    There were a pair on flee bay recently.

Yeah,I still have mine..

Rick

11. titus

titus

I have a 3x2 creitz intake, i had been wanting one for a while and finally got one, i also have a creitz 2x4 intake but its a different style than the 2x4 creits ive seen, its not based on the same casting as the 3x2.

JEFF

Attached Files:

1Nimrod likes this.
  12. MilesM

MilesM

Does it have port dividers?

13. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

I run Creitz wheels on the front of my 23T

1Nimrod likes this.
  14. Bob Creitz is still at his shop in Tulsa,works by appointment only just like a doctor..approaching 80 and his health is failing..Talked to him last month at the geezer reunion in Dallas..They brought the recreated "Steve Carbone" car to the gathering...If you want to see craftmanship at its best just look at the Creitz and Donovan car or Tom Hannas car.."Unbelievable"especially Tom Hanna car...

15. As well as modular wheels well before the billet craze.

He built speed parts in the later '50s into the '60s. Maybe he built speed parts earlier than that but I know for sure that he built speed parts in the time frame that I gave.

I don't believe that he ever built a dual plane intake all of them that I have seen are 360 dergee manifolds or open plenum if you prefer. His stuff worked fine for the era and was actually in demand with the go very fast crowd. Most manifolds you will find will be pretty crude unless someone else has taken a dremmel to them. I have never seen an original untouched crietz that wasn't much more than as cast. he catered to the race crowd more than the street crowd and I'm sure that he figured that they would tweak and polish as needed.

Ciretz stuff is pretty rare these days, I have seen more crietz manifolds here on the HAMB than I have seen out in the world in the last 30 years.

1Nimrod likes this.
  16. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

I spoke with Mr Creitz at the 2009 Hot Rod Reunion, I have one of his 2x4 sbc intakes, he said most were cast in 1959-60 era.

1Nimrod likes this.
  17. Abomb

Abomb

About 10 years ago I bought a dual 4 manifold for $60....unfortunatley, I machined the center out of it and turned it into a blower manifold. It worked pretty well for that.

18. still got it? any pics? i've been thinking about that myself...

19. titus

titus

Yes it does have port dividers,

Attached Files:

1Nimrod likes this.
  20. well its been a year since this thread has been bumped
    i just picked this up for my 39 ford gasser
    it will be a high rpm sbc
    hoping to hang the hoops
    anyone know anything about the carbs?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Sick Monkey Racing

Sick Monkey Racing

I collect anything Creitz. If you have any Creitz items I would be interested in them. Email me at [email protected]

22. abone1930

abone1930

Steve ran them back in the day , they are on the rear and they bolt together ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1381943399.161720.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

1Nimrod likes this.
  23. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Wasn't Jim creitz a gun smith before he was a hot rodder? I have an old man in my town (bob ford) that traded parts with Jim. He balanced rotating assemblies as an extra way to make cash before he was into cars.

24. Dynoroom

Dynoroom

Bob Creitz passed back in Aug. 2011. He was involved as the engine builder for this Bonneville ride that Hanna built......

Attached Files:

25. frank spittle

frank spittle

Tom Hanna's aluminum work is beyond belief! Don't remember seeing the Bonneville car before.

26. Roadsir

Roadsir

Blowing the dust off this thread... I have two 322 Buick flywheels. One aluminum Scheifer , and the second one I thought was stock, until I flipped it over and found it is Creitz Tulsa. My brother found these along with a nailhead drivetrain (cam pushrods, gotha rockers) supposedly off an old digger.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412650048.294484.jpg

27. Hotroddder

Hotroddder
    from Auburn, WA

I picked these up recently at a local swap meet. One has the air horn top the other does not. Says for AFB. 2019-08-15 18.20.29.jpg 2019-08-15 18.22.16.jpg

seb fontana, 1Nimrod, -Brent- and 2 others like this.
  28. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

29. OldTopGasser

OldTopGasser

I took this photo of the Olds engine in Burt Looney's Tulsa-based dragster at the 1957 Texas State Championship at Caddo Mills. The 6/2 cast manifold has "OKLAHOMA PATTERN" on it. I'm thinking (along with suggestion from others) that it probably was made by Jim Creitz. Anyone with some info on its manufacturer? Caddo Mills71.8.C.W.jpg Caddo Mills72.1..jpg