Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Let`s see those beautiful Y-blocks!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OHV DeLuxe, Jan 13, 2011.

1. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

One in a car I finished last year. Painted to match the body, whick was done in a pearl color I mixed, to resemble the original coral color.

Attached Files:

2. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Here's mine

Attached Files:

3. Berzerk

Berzerk

One of mine. Going in my Roadster...

Oct 19 008.jpg

4. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

hot rod dude

the marine side draft set-ups pop up on ebay quite a bit and last time I checked were pretty cheap. There is a guy here on the hamb who runs one of those set-ups on the street in a model A pick-up...cant remember his hamb name though. I have a question for you though, there is a company in your neck of the woods who casts y-block stuff and does the 6x2 log manifolds, and for the life of me I cant remember the name...do you know who it is?

5. '55 Mercury 292 in my '56 Fairlane:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Hi ynottayblock, the guy casting the log manifolds in Melbourne is Johns rod & custom www.kustoms.com.au. The valve covers on the gold engine in the boat are cast by dude in Wagga Wagga, N.S.W. and he is known as the 'y'bloke and are a work of art, high quality, numbered cast.He makes other quality y block stuff as well. Let me know if you need any further information.I would like a set of those rams horn manifolds and a finned valley cover. I think those manifolds are off of F500/600 Big Job cab overs???

7. Not beautiful, but an unusual 272 with a supercharger cam, high lift rockers, (2) 108 shoebox carbs.

Attached Files:

8. Headman headers T-Bird 55-57.
    Lars

9. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

My modified project mock up ... '56 292 factory rebuilt with 2300 miles on it.

[​IMG]

Ron

10. chronisterracing

chronisterracing
    from N.Il.

Here is a 28 pickup I did with a 56 Y-block. I've got one that's going into a 36 coupe too.[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Mart

Mart

It's worth mentioning that the T-Bird motors have the spacer behind the water pump - if you're putting one in an A you'd probably do better to delete the spacer and find a passenger car or truck front pulley and shorten the motor a bit - from memory it's about 1-1/4" (or thereabouts).

Mart.

12. Hack - that is the nicest Y I have ever seen. Quite inspirational.

13. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Love this thread :D most of my trucks have Y's accept my 71 F100 that has a 390.

Michael

14. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

This is my first engine rebuild...other than the internals, I did it myself.

Attached Files:

15. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

16. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

17. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

18. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

19. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

20. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

21. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

22. This is a pick of the headers in a Bird,
    [​IMG]
    Lars

23. update...

Attached Files:

24. malkintent

malkintent

i like this one!
    does anyone know who made this intake?

Attached Files:

25. S.F.

S.F.

Dude, Ive never seen Fenton valve covers like that...more info please

26. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Must be for a boat?? application. 2X2's sideways interesting.

Michael

27. Vintage Speed (Charlie Price) re-pops them. Now, whether you can get them from a VS dealer rather than ordering directly (a dealer might be a better source), I don't know. I'd advise doing a search here about this company, if you aren't familiar with them.

Dunno if Chris' valve covers are original or not, maybe he'll see this & chime in.

28. Ford Fairlane

Ford Fairlane

Here's a couple...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Rocket Scientist Chris

Rocket Scientist Chris
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geez guys, not everyone on here is a dude! :eek: Anyway, yes, my Fentons are repops from Vintage Speed. They aren't the most wonderful reproductions, though. The mounting holes were drilled a little too far apart, so those had to be slotted for the stud to come through. There's no groove in the casting for the gasket to sit in. I found glueing the gasket to the cover helps locate it onto the head ridge for sealing prior to tightening the cover. And, the casting in general seams a little oversized. The lip of the cover hangs out a bit more than a standard cover. But, I really, REALLY like the look! So, I'm willing to put up with their short comings! :)

30. Otay, let me re-phrase: "Dunno if Chris' valve covers are original or not, maybe Chris'll see this and chime in...in Chris' own profile non-gender specifying way." :D Mea maxima culpa, I did not remember. ;)

Did you get them directly from VS or did you get them from a dealer (or someone (non-specific gender)) else?