Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods stolen hot rod alert!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Jan 18, 2011.

1. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Glad they found it!

PS, I removed the sticky from the post...

2. Cheers on the recovery!:D

The biggest difference is that the "Private Detectives" can monitor sites like these for the possible answers... as well as making as many people aware of the theft and letting them know what to look for.

Most of the time Police have to deal with real bad guys that will endanger other peoples lives!

Private dicks are nothing more than snoops with their own brand of resources!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

3. time to roll her in the shop, get the boys 2gether- a case of beer and start the spring work alittle early.. good to hear bout the happy ending. Just change storage locations cause these "kids" will be out next week most likely

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Great to hear they found your car Jay. Hopefully you get your parts back as well.

5. themodernartist

themodernartist

Glad you got it back! Too much hard work and money goes into these cars to have someone violate your possessions.
    If these guys are under age, sue the parents for all out of pocket expenses and whatever! Make it difficult enough they will think twice about doing it again.
    Keep receipts for this.
    Peace,
    Chaz

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Glad to hear the car has been recovered.

7. Its good to hear that another stolen car has been recovered. I hope that you can get her back together. The parts posse is a great idea. I hope you have the law throw two books at these worthless shit bags. People like these guys are really just oxygen thieves.

8. Really glad you found your car. I was in the process of getting in touch with the cheif of police in Derby KS to tell him to get off his ass & find your car.

I wanted to post his email address on this thread so other HAMBers could email him, just bug the crap out if him until he found the car. Problem was I wasn't sure if the HAMB would band me or not for doing that.

Glad you found it & it didn't have to come to bugging the cheif.:)

9. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

FYI,Grafitti Remover by "Goof-Off" in the aerosal can works really really good for taking off spray paint,like realllllly good. Just don`t let it soak in too long,spray on...wait a few seconds,and wipe off.

10. That is some GREAT STUFF. Had to use it all the time when I drove bus for Job Corp. Damn kids were always tagging the bus.

11. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Glad they found it, It is a sweet car that you have..... Now for the rope and a tree.....

12. tripleduece

tripleduece
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear they started to strip the car.... But glad to see you did find it!!!

13. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Remember all those local officials are elected by the local public and the one that achive for us we chose to relect ! I would not hesitate to tell them so!!not unless its changed the moto it was to protect and serve. not ignore and forget !!

14. Jogyver

Jogyver

Glad to hear it's been recovered.
    If the druggie's used cheap spray paint ... it probably enamel . A little trick I was taught from an ol timer pinstriper. If you painted your car with uerathane use Easy Off oven cleaner on it to remove pinstripes and enamel spray paint.. It will lift the enamel in minutes and not have any affect on your paint. I have used it many times on cars that were that were tagged with graffitti.

15. JWS

JWS
    from Kansas

Update,
    Jack (yblock292) and I went and got the car and took it to Jack's place until I can sell the 39 Buick that I just listed in the classifieds. I don't have room for both and the T comes first. Another great thing happened just a few minutes ago. Another local hotrodder by the name of Mastrada just called and he a Chris Carlson the owner of Chaotic Customs in Mulvane Kansas want to get a group of guys together and help me put the car back together. I was absolutely floored by the offer. This is such a great thing to do I can't tell you how good it makes me fell. These guys are the best the hobby has to offer. Also I want to thank all those that gave all the hope and well wishes for the return of the car. Its not a perfect car not even close but its mine and I built it and it means alot to me. Thank you all so much. I'm going to try to post some pictures of what the car looks like now but I haven't had much luck getting the pictures to down load but I will try.

16. JWS

JWS
    from Kansas

Lets see if this works. The battery went dead before I could get pictures of the back where the biggest part of the spray paint damage is.

Attached Files:

17. JWS

JWS
    from Kansas

This is the way it looked before the Idiots got a hold of it.

Attached Files:

18. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

You got WAY lucky.

Now let`s all try to focus our efforts on finding Mike`s (1lowtrk) truck,we are approaching a year since it went MIA.

19. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

could be worse!!!! glad you got it back. how did they steal it?

20. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

Great NEWS!!!!!!!!!! To bad about the damage but you will get it back to where it was, you done it once you can do it again............good luck with the repairs, and hopefully the little basterds will get what they deserve.

See ya in Dewey....RP

21. maniac

maniac

So they really thought they could paint it and no one would recognize it?

Glad you got it back, and for the most part its in one piece.

22. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Nice to hear that you got your car back and they caught the SCUM that did it. Make a list of what you might need and I'll see if i have something around here....

23. 1- shot slinger

1- shot slinger

Glad to see you got it back!

When you get it back the way you want it...I'll stripe it again free of charge!:)

24. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

glad to hear you got your baby back. i know the feeling. thank your lucky stars you got back what you did. most of us end up empty handed or get back something we dont even want.

25. FLbones

FLbones

You are one lucky guy ! Glad you got her back .

26. Grego56

Grego56
    from Hanover Pa

I will keep my eyes open in this area that really sucks I hope they catch them cut there nuts off

27. Mac_55

Mac_55

Man im excited for you that you got it Back . I honestly dont know how you could have possibly kept your composure when you saw the kid that did it.

Did they recover any of the parts the took from it ?

28. 1959apache

1959apache

You are definitely a better man than I... I would have gone apeshit in that police station if I saw the culprits in there.. I am just happy you got your T back. Keep us posted on your new progress

29. Curious as to how they were caught. Was it the phone ??

30. DougHH

DougHH

good result getting it back in a straight condition and not joy rode and burnt-out or something.
    what kind of sh*t for brains thinks he can hide a car like this with $2 a can spray paint... check out the over spray every where.. the drugs they're on must be pretty strong.

That is one badass T btw and i reackon a full recovery wont be too unrealistic for sure ;) good luck getting your parts back mate!