Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jroberts

jroberts

2. jroberts

jroberts

My wife still has the Cootie game that she had as a kid. The grandkids play with it now, and love it!

3. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

4. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

5. Because it's a Chevy?

6. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Because it's a 46 Chevy !!!!

B:eek:B

7. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Roller Rita. From Washington state. She's a beauty and a sweetheart. Thats her little Ford in the backround too. 9"

8. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

9. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

10. RossPreen

RossPreen

Good to see all the Aussie photos Mr fire. This one is actually Brian Keegan from my home town of Orange NSW. Brian had the first Holden 6 into the 13's and into the 12's.

11. MrFire

MrFire
    from Gold Coast

Any chance of some photos in the "days gone by" of your .........? I believe it is just a bit faster than a GO GGO and might even have just sneaked past the Keegan Holden? ;) :D

12. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

picture of my dad working probably on his ford... location is the hollywood area about 1950... and that is not a dust mask on his face... it's a nick in the photograph.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  13. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

I told you somethin' was draggin' !!

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When I say no more beans, I MEAN NO MORE BEANS!

15. RossPreen

RossPreen

I'll see what I can do. I only found this thread a week ago, geez you guys are killing me with this stuff :) OH take me back !!

16. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

You know, all of these large size photos will one day vanish because they are hosted on another site and this priceless thread will be...well...just memories. And since I'm running out of hosted photo storage I have to either not post or delete some things.
    The solution is to post small JPEGS right from our computers onto this site and they will remain here untouched by our external accounts. This makes the photo smaller, however and you have to click on it to enlarge and see it. Any better ideas?

Here's the first test of maybe a 1966 birthday party and an an impressionable teenager with an attitude flashing the "peace" sign. His mother should have kicked his azz even though he might be joking.

17. sixdogs

sixdogs
    BANNED
    from C

Remember sugar cubes and the one lump or two thing?
    In my early hot rod days of the 1960's, the cool guys met at coffee shops after hours for coffee or (mostly) tea. Cool guys, and I desperately yearned to be one, used sugar cubes. I'm told you can still buy them and I just might.

18. Rowdy_one

Rowdy_one
    from Oh

conga line, not the hokey pokey

19. Rowdy_one

Rowdy_one
    from Oh

BTW there are at least 4 boys in that pic. It does look like a line dance. I remember the Hokey-Pokey done in a circle, too.[/QUOTE]

20. hudson48

hudson48

That is the old RACQ site on Water Street Spring Hill.I used to walk past it every school day when I was at Gregory Tce Christian Brothers School.In fact there are a couple of students in the left hand corner.Before my time though.Looks like early 50's with the cars in the street.
    I think the school now owns that building.

21. Rowdy_one

Rowdy_one
    from Oh

22. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Sonny Barger on the right.

23. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Some info on the NASA Dryden Lifting body. I think they were looking at these types of recoverable orbital vehilcles before settling on the more conventional desig of the Shuttle. I believe the catalina convertible was powered by a 421 HO.

In 1962, FRC Director Paul Bikle approved a program to build a lightweight, unpowered lifting body as a prototype to flight test the wingless concept. It would look like a "flying bathtub," and was designated the M2-F1. Built by sailplane designer Gus Briegleb, it featured a plywood shell placed over a tubular steel frame crafted at the FRC. Construction was completed in 1963.
    [​IMG]The M2-F1 Lifting Body is seen here being towed behind a C-47.
    The first flight tests saw the M2-F1 towed aloft by a hopped-up Pontiac convertible driven at speeds up to 120 mph across Rogers Dry Lake. These initial tests produced enough flight data about the M2-F1 to proceed with flights behind a NASA R4D tow plane at greater altitudes. The R4D (the Navy designation of the C-47 or civil DC-3) towed the craft to an altitude of 12,000 ft. where it was released to fly freely back to Rogers Dry Lake. NASA research pilot Milt Thompson flew the M2-F1 during the first series of tests.
    Typical glide flights with the M2-F1 lasted several minutes at speeds of 110 to l20 mph.
    More than 400 ground tows and 77 aircraft tow flights were carried out with the M2-F1 before it was retired. A historical artifact now owned by the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum, the M2-F1 is on long-term loan to NASA Dryden and has been restored to flight-like condition.

Looks like a 421 emblem on the fneder

[​IMG]

Wonder which astronaut ended up withthe Poncho when it was sold as Govt surplus when the program ended.

Only had about 1500 miles on it but most of it at 100 + on the dry lake.

24. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

So ...... now there's a politically correct Cootie game? He, he!

25. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

[​IMG]

OK, it was a joke. That's probably a semi-auto
    Colt .223 Sporter, not a military M-16. So, who
    was/is Sonny Barger?

26. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

The President/Honcho of the HELLS ANGLES

B:eek:B

27. 67goingthing

67goingthing

It is indeed an M-16. AR 15's (Colt Sporter) did and do not come without forward bolt assist.

28. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.