Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Way to Ship a Roadster Body

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daredevilcustoms, Jan 22, 2011.

1. daredevilcustoms

daredevilcustoms
    from Ohio

Any suggestions as to most economical way to ship a Model T roadster body from Montana to Ohio. Body would be on a skid and can be shipped and picked up from a freight terminal. Thanks

2. troylee

troylee

I have used foward air. Made my own pallet / wood cage and had them ship it. I have got a few truck cabs shipped to me also. was around the 600$ mark but that was a few years ago. Try posting in the HAMB relay threaor page, mite get somebody comming your way.

3. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

Check with America Feight, they will load it on a truck and haul it across the country for you. Reasonable, but expect to pay 500-800, its all about weight and footprint.

4. 1hot57

1hot57

Just make sure that its insured. Ask blwn38 about cheap shipping

5. Roadsir

Roadsir

I shipped a glass 27 modifed roadster body with no turtle deck. I built a MDF crate that was 48" by 60" by about 28" tall with 2x2 and 2x4 supports, fastened to a pallet. Materials cost about $75 and shipped it from MN to the Pacific Northwest for about $350. The freight was a little more as I did not take it to a loading dock for pickup, and they needed a lift gate trailer.

Make sure if you crate that you label it clearly to not stack anything on it. You can actually buy some plastic or cardboard warning cones that state this.

Good luck

6. HAMB relay?

If you can't find anyone here who can help, try www.nationalfreightshippers.com

Dave Fussi is the owner - economical and good service.

Steve

7. Alao contact BenD here on the HAMB.
    Later,
    Dick

8. Ben D moved my 27 rear section from Texas to Longbeach CA

Did a great job, for a good price ..........pm him and see if he is doing a run arround those areas anytime soon

9. Specifics would help

Length x width x height
    Weight
    Pickup & drop off zip codes

If you add these to your original post by editing it
    that would help someone who might be interested

Jim :D

10. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Just make sure to package it really good. Back when Brookville shipped me the 04 NSRA giveaway body it came with a free fork lift print in the back of the cab!

11. This 1928 Tudor body is on my trailer now
    It is on its way from California to Pennsylvania

Jim :D

Attached Files: