Register now to get rid of these ads!

Portland OR, February 3rd-Ray Gordon Photography presents: "Throttled"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Jan 19, 2011.

1. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Hey guys,

So, the first thursday in february we will being taking part in a little shin-dig that I wanted to invite you all too. Basically, Ray Gordon Photography is going to be having a party and will be displaying some awesome hot rod/motorcycle prints at Wieden and Kennedy, which is an advertising agency downtown. (one of the biggest in the world, they do Nike, Coke, Target, etc)

Wieden and Kennedy have arranged to block off the street, and any and all hot rod and custom cars and motorcycles are welcome to come. All rods and bikes will get priority parking in the closed off area.

Inside Ray will be displaying some of his most badass prints, all car and motorcycle related. There will be free beer and a DJ as well.

It goes from 4pm-9:30pm and then the party moves to Beauty Bar, where there will be a few more of Ray's prints, a badass metal DJ, and of course the beer will be flowing.

First thursdays in general are pretty lively and have a good vibe downtown. there will be a lot of people wanting to check out the cars and bikes, as well as the artwork.

SO-Please make a point to come by and check this awesome party out! Show off your car and have a good time representing the classic car and motorcycle culture here in the NW!

If anyone has any specific questions about the event, feel free to PM me!

Here is a link to Wieden and Kennedy's location. If you've never been there, it is pretty amazing, and worth seeing for sure.

http://www.wk.com/office/portland

[​IMG]

2. buckable

buckable

Okay, let me get this straight. Bikes and cars on a blocked off street in downtown Portland, a cool art show, and FREE BEER? You're crazy!

See you there.

3. MrModelT

MrModelT

Heck, I'll be there for sure! Sounds like real party!

4. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Hell yeah! It should really be a lot of fun. I'm hoping we can get a good turnout at both locations. Beauty Bar is just 12 blocks away, straight down Burnside, so I'm really hoping everybody that goes will go to both spots.

Beauty Bar's location:
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/beauty-bar-portland

5. Payaso

Payaso

Hell Yeah!!!

I think this will be an occasion for the "Heavy" AND "Mamma Tried"!!!!

See ya'll there!!!!!

6. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

oh snap, bringing out the trump, eh? you're going to have to do a burn out and stuff.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  7. GARY?

GARY?

Why do I live in southern Oregon? I keep missin' this shit. Sounds like fun.

8. glmke

glmke

Hey shooter sound fun! Count me in

9. Mockie

Mockie

which p.o.s. that I haven't been working on in way too long shall I show up in? Have been working on another P.O.S. that is undriveable, so I don't feel horrible.

10. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

whoa whoa whoa! Are you saying I might need to bring my car up from Salem just to drive through downtown Portland with my headers open the entire trip? Ok.

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

rad!
    you know you wanna bring out the moredoor!

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yes that's EXACTLY what i'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. PLEASE drive you car with open headers up to the show. The louder the better!
    Ray

14. Payaso

Payaso

Bret...Ray (vonshear) is one of the Nicest guys you'll meet...see how he says PLEASE...you just gotta do it now Bret...ya just gotta!!!

15. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

oh...ok. I already took the day off work so I can head up early and avoid traffic it's all in the hands of the weather man now. Shooter and I were talking we need to meet up and cruise up burnside together.

16. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    yep, gonna be cool. man, if you uncap those pipes, it's gonna make my car sound like a prius! ha.

17. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

Yeah this is going to whoop ass! I think I've capped them maybe 2 or 3 times in the last 6 months. I've got a bag of ear plugs under the seat. I can't wait to take a spin through the pearl! I may need to call my pappy to throw my bail!

18. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

19. 73 carlow

73 carlow
    from Colorado

See you there! Again thanks for putting on these events.

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

gonna be a good one. hope everybody is ready to party by the time we get to beauty bar-the metal dj i booked fucking slays!

21. Here is a cool little behind the scenes write up with photos of some of the making of the show by Thor Drake of See See Motorcycles. A little of what we are in for. Again Thanks to The Estranged and See See.
    Remember to round up your friends, drive you cool cars and motorcycles and get VIP parking. Then off to the Beauty Bar!!!
    http://whoisthor.com/post/2167558888/see-see-party

22. shanesflames

shanesflames

Any of u Portland rodders know a guy ,that go's by the nick name BoJive..My dad hung out with this guy, when i was a kid.shure like to hook up wit him...Shane-O

23. Grudge

Grudge

I'll be there in my 49 Ford.

Attached is a picture of my buddy's Scamp, will it be welcome?

Attached Files:

24. Awesome.
    I'm cool with the mighty Scamp.

25. For those of you guys coming out tomorrow please try and get there as close to 4:00 as you can. The street is only so big and parking will be first come first park. I think the parking is going to be an artform in itself. I can block off and barricade the street right at 4:00. I could use all the help I can get with parking and traffic control. If you see the tall stressed out guy (that's me) and want to help park rides and make sure no 1996 Camaros or the like try and get a spot please introduce yourself and say hi. This is a grassroots event running by the seat of our pants and if we all put our heads together we can pack the rides in tight and have a great little show. Let's show these folks how we do!
    See you tomorrow.
    Ray

26. 52chevydeluxePDX

52chevydeluxePDX

Wow, sounds awesome!! I'll be there!

27. MrModelT

MrModelT

I get off work at 5:00, but I will see If I can get off early to get the "T" roadster ready and fired up to be there as close to 4:00 as I can.

...Don't want to be late for this one! :D

28. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

this is gonna rule! my radiator sprung a leak but i'm still gonna limp it down!