Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods stolen hot rod alert!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yblock292, Jan 18, 2011.

1. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I used to live across the street from a Derby Det. Someone hit his car turning around my driveway. The cops were all over me. It was a federal offense to him.

2. +++got to be moved in an enclosed trailer-- much to noticable otherwise. check with some of the local movers- maybe one of them was hired to move it outa town.. check local trailer registrations and see if any have criminal records ( if that info is available)

3. DAPER DAVE

DAPER DAVE
    from N/A

Wow that a shame, I hate theives

4. Thought I'd give this another bump. We're thinking bout you all.

5. ZAPPER68

ZAPPER68
    from BC

Kripes I hate to hear of low life bastages stealing .... anything. I live in the Middle East where they lop off your hand if caught and are convicted of stealing. If convicted of rape, drugs or murder off comes your head....end of problem child! That seems to be a pretty good deterrent from what I have seen. I believe there is a lesson there....best of luck getting your ride back.
    ZAPPER

6. big bad john

big bad john

.......This shit has to stop.....its been happening to much...lately....I never hear if they catch anybody......somebody has to know.....

7. tatersgravy

tatersgravy
    from midwest

Go to the "MEDIA" !!!

8. BaznJosh

BaznJosh

JWS, that's a very negative approach from the cops!
    Hoping the TV coverage and all the eyes n ears here on HAMB help retrieve
    your car (which is awesome by the way!)

9. Shoebomber

Shoebomber
    from Bangor, ME

Doubt it will make it's way to New England, but we've got eyes peeled up here in snow country... I still recommend beatings, seem to get the message across better than a few words and a slap on the wrist.

10. pumpman

pumpman

I was hoping for some good news, really didn't expect the cops to show any concern. On something like this they would have to work. That's not in their job description. Hang in there, hopefully the dumb son of bitch will screw up again and we will get him or her.

11. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Where are these cars going? I mean, is there some big black market for them? All of the sudden it's like a craze. Or is it that The HAMB has opened our eyes to how suceptable custom cars are? Hope the car is returned and the douchebag(s) get punished to the full extent of the law! Oh, and a few broken fingers wouldn't hurt.

12. I won't say 'nothing' happens in Derby but really....this town is like Mayberry. I would have thought the cops would be all over something like this.

13. yblock292

yblock292

Just the fact that they have the "found" cell phone and still, almost a week and they still don't have a court order to check it out? Bull shit i can't believe the Derby court is that busy, just show the lack of urgency on their part, bottom line is they don't give a shit

14. Jogyver

Jogyver

Hope you recover it.
    Maybe take a ride around the storage area and look to see which neighboring companies may have cost circuit TV's. If you know the date of the thief makes it easy. Somebody was casing that storage unit or some one assosiated with that business is involved. What s the address of the storage company?
    google earth guess 213 North River Street

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

15. Ditto man. These cars fall into that first 48 hr. class, we all know what that usually refers too. I hate to compare it to something so close to all our hearts, but give em time to disassemble and they are gone!!!! Derby PD, "Get on the Stick"-------------------------:mad:

16. That's what gets me. How did they even know the cars were there? I mean yes...lots of people store cars in storage units....but even more people just store random stuff in them. Not pointing fingers but sounds like someone was tipped off....

17. Frist State Hillbilly

Frist State Hillbilly
    from dover de.

I own a storage place. I would tell everyone to be sure that the place is fenced and has software to track everyone who goes in and out of the gate. I notice that no one said what the storage place had and how it is layed out. My place requires you to use a four didget code to get in and out. I keep two a 51 chev pu and a 70 olds convt in my place. You should store your vehicle in the best location you can find and pay a little more if you need. I also have an apt on site and someone lives there. That is another factor and a fence in storage with a gate that operates is a must

18. ^frist
    When I moved last time I had to store 80% of my family's belongings. And like you say...picked a place that was well fenced in, with keypad accessed gate and had digital video cameras.

19. davidh73750

davidh73750

Dang. Buddy had a few cars stolen in wichita last memorial day out the painters garage. this day and age is getting bad with thieves.

20. have hope brother a few years back my garage was broke into. the guy stole some stuff. when i got the phone call telling me what happened i felt like here we go im just a helpless victim. well a few hours later i just happened to spot the guy riding my kids stolen bike. i caught the guy and beat the shit out of him. i beat his ass so bad i even broke his jaw. i hope for his sake he found a new line of work because his chosen career path was not working out as planned. just saying sometime you get lucky and catch them.good luck all eyes are looking in wisconsin

21. historynw

historynw

22. TwoLaneBlacktop

TwoLaneBlacktop
    from Burien

I was also hoping for a positive update today...................sad to see the car is still missing.

23. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

24. JWS

JWS
    from Kansas

Haven't heard a word! Sure is discouraging.

25. yblock292

yblock292

That just plain SUCKS!

26. Hide in plain sight.....is it possible the vehicle never left the storage facility and was placed in another garage? Have you checked (don't count on the Police) video cameras in the area to see if a trailer pulled out of the facility around the time of the loss. Banks, gas stations, lumberyards all ususally have outside cameras. (this all should have been done within the first 24 hours as most digital units will erase and re-record. Derby is not a huge town(I have been there), SOMEONE saw something....

27. I'm finding it a little hard to believe with auto theft among other stacked charges, that the PD cannot get authorization to get into that cell phone. Also with auto theft , the State Police should be in the game. If it were me, I'd have both boots planted in someones back. The time lapse is killing you at this point.

Also, common sense dictates that the car is either close and hidden OR went into a box and way down the road. I'm really sorry to see these things happen. I've had my shop hit a couple of times over the years and it's not a fun deal.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  28. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

How tall is that 'T'? (how tall is the usual Wells Cargo trailer?)

If a trailer that's tall enough for the top of the 'T' was in the neighborhood, it may have been noticed...Not necessarily 'big rig' class, but taller than most?

Stlill laughing at the 'Private Investigator' idea? I'd definitely talk to one or two around Derby...they are Way more efficient than the police. The car's worth it.

29. Ive been lucky. I have 2 Classics at my home. Nothing stolen yet but this thread makes me think. I will now be installing 2 cams on my property.

I wish you luck on finding your ride.

30. yblock292

yblock292

You and me both, got a pretty good security system but am getting real relundant to show off my cars to strangers. dealing with a guy here in town on some stuff, he wanted to bring his shop guys down to my shop, didn't know him well or his shop guys, look like real low lifes, think i'll pass.