Register now to get rid of these ads!

4 You JunkYard Junky's A "Fix"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Roger C.

Roger C.

Hi is the Yard in Cal?
    or are you telling?

2. Muddi1

Muddi1
    from Washington

I have that encryption chip!!!! hehehehe that is a find, I have driven by one that look very similar (if not the same one) a few hundred times.
    I have a very good suspicion from the location of the original poster that it just may be the very same one. if it is, those beauties will most likely never go anywhere because of the location. That or unless he decides to sell a few........:D

3. Mildsteel

Mildsteel
    from VALE N.C.

4. tinsled

tinsled

[​IMG]

Do I see a divider wall behind the drivers seat?
    Is that a hearse or an ambulance body?
    Also a cool third bumper guard with horizontal whiskers, never seen that kind...

Thanks for sharing these awesome pictures.

5. saints

saints

brigrat thanks for posting....I would gladly fly up there to help push cars out of the way to get at some of them.....that is a place buying or selling you come away with a since of history and jealousy that one guy had the sight to collect these great cars and fend off the hords to stand on his bck porch and say this is mine......I would love just to sit and talk about his adventures in collecting
    I have a open ended ticket if you need a strong back

6. Your point?

I was always told that it's only old news if you have seen it before.:)

7. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

8. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

I bet this is one guy's collection. He will never build a car because he does not love them as we do. What he loves is the fact that he has these cars and everyone else wants them, but can't have them. They love to dangle their collection in front of us, but that is all they ever do with these cars. They never build them. They never sell them. They just gloat in our desire while the cars rot. These kind of people are a special breed of Ass Hole.

9. Wow, I wish I knew where this was. I'd be making a trip Up North..

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

You couldn't be more wrong, you abviously haven't read every post, I hope Marcy reads this she will tear you a new one!

11. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man photos like this never cease to awaken a case of scroungerittis , what a trove of treasure

12. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Kinda like guys that just look at the pictures without reading enough of the posts to make a intelligent reply.

13. We found a yard similar to that only smaller a while back.The old man who never sold anything dyed, we started taking inventory & pics as we were told we could do Then it went into probate & the New York daughter did not want to deal with it or us & had the place locked & ordered every thing CRUSHED & the land dozed wife said i had tear in my eyes when i got the call.Now the land is empty & a 4 sale sign on it not even good for raising hogs !

14. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

You are absolutely right, I am so sorry. It is obvious that these cars are not exposed to the elements. It also appears that they have not been sitting that long at all. In fact most of them look like they are worked on daily. A cinder block on top of a carburetor in a vehicle left outside for twenty years is actually the preferred method of storage. I don't know where I could have formed my opinion...

15. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I just got off the phone with Bruce, he does have a soft spot for a steel track Minnie Hoe, American name, nothing big or heavy, somthing he can transport from yard to yard on his car trailer. Bring a hoe and leave with the car/truck (maybe plural) of your dreams!

16. Marcy

Marcy

I already posted this on another thread about Bruce but here it is again.

Couldn't be further from the truth, he's just not motivated by money like most assholes and has no tolerance for all the hot air many "potential buyers" spew, not to mention he's had a lot of parts stolen.
    I'd be reluctant to show just anybody around too.

Yes, I have been there many times to build a repoire (Thanks Lon!) and yes I have bought several cars---and it's when and how Bruce wants to sell them.
    If you are serious about wanting something, put in the effort, go there.

Marcy

17. Marcy

Marcy

Haha, thanks for the vote of confidence Lon.
    I love all the people who are either jealous or lazy when it comes to car hunting. "He won't sell", "It's too far away.", "I can't find any cool projects."
    Waaa, waa waaa.

Happy New Year!
    Marcy

18. Marcy

Marcy

Way I see it he has saved 1000's of cars from being crushed so we can have the opportunity to own them now. (and rare desirable cars!)
    The ground there is sand and sage---even the floors in the convertibles are solid---sorry it's not up to your personal storage standards---let's see the 1000+ cars you have saved and stored?
    Bruce loves these cars and has great stories for each one.
    If you want to buy something go there and buy it if not stay home and whine about how you can't find anything cool cause old guys are hoarding everything.

Marcy

19. VIC32

VIC32
    from New York

When can i come over and do some shopping in your yard.

20. Its amazing how these threads get jealous responses. this old boys one of us, just had more chance to collect cool stuff proberbly cause hes been a car guy all his life.
    Also, back years ago, cars were something not everyone could afford, so people hung on to em more.
    I can see this guy is smart and knows what hes doing. Sad that people have to trash talk about some one who is just one of us. ill bet he would have been a hamber if it was around back in his day.

21. chopz56

chopz56

I love all of these pics,but it kills me that they aren't close just for me to go and look around!

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG][​IMG]

Wow, is that a big block? (Sorry, couldn't resist) :p
    Man I would love to sit down and shoot the breeze with this gentleman about those cars. I can just imagine the stories. Its good that he will sell and thanks for posting, Brigrat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Way I see it he has saved 1000's of cars from being crushed so we can have the opportunity to own them now. (and rare desirable cars!)
    The ground there is sand and sage---even the floors in the convertibles are solid---sorry it's not up to your personal storage standards---let's see the 1000+ cars you have saved and stored?
    Bruce loves these cars and has great stories for each one.
    If you want to buy something go there and buy it if not stay home and whine about how you can't find anything cool cause old guys are hoarding everything.

I bet the old guy is quite a character and easy to love. I was way out of line to ever suggest otherwise. We both can agree there are a lot of beautiful old cars on his property. My point is why let something beautiful sit dormant and potentially fall into ruin? Why not let it have a chance to live again? Had I known you had a personal relationship with this gentlemen I would have, and should have, held my tongue. My comments were born out of envy, and I apologize.

24. tinsled

tinsled

Well, just another reason to talk about "good ol'days", airport shuttle service hasn't been for long what it once used to be...;)

25. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Mines gonna last for more then 5 mins for once:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hmmm,.....so if I showed up with an old Cat mini track hoe (new ones are rubber track and foreign, even American "name" :p) then I could tow home some goodies???? Hmmm....:D
    I have a good idea of where this is at......;)

So....does this guy have any NICE cars? As in done, painted, driver cars? Or just buy hulks????:confused:

Cool pics....thanks for teasing...errrr...I mean sharing....

27. mod700rmk

mod700rmk
    from WA State
    1. Northwest HAMBers

All of his cars are "nice", with the exception of a few oddball old Japanese compact cars that are strewn around the place. He doesn't have any restored/refurbshed cars, which is what you were really asking about. He does purchase/work on "newer" cars and resells them.

28. jdrew

jdrew

I know this thread is old, but thanks for the pics brigrat. I could look at them for hours...and could spend weeks there roaming the country side just enjoying the scenery...both natural and mechanical. Owner sounds like a nice guy, a real throwback. Would be nice to meet him one day and listen to his stories.

29. flynstone

flynstone

thats funny all those way cool cars are unatainable, but of course you can get one for a hoe,,

30. Holy shit!! I missed this thread 09, happy I seen it now. I’m happy for this dude, I think he loves all of his cars and probably have some of connection to all of them. Cool to see it still is crazy cool people on earth, he also has to meet a lot of people who wants to buy stuff. Don’t know if he like this or not, but I think I kind of understand his thoughts.
    Thanks for posting brigrat!!

Lars