Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hydraulic slave cyl question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DanCollins, Jan 20, 2011.

1. DanCollins

DanCollins

Hey guys. I need to find a 7/8" bore pusher slave cylinder. Preferably one that will bolt up directly to the stock bellhousing mount. It's replacing an astro van slave which is 13/16" the mounting holes on the bellhousing are 2" apart and located at the rear of the cylinder on either side of the rod. I'm hoping maybe a pickup truck one might work but it's hard to find any info based on part numbers. Any help would be appreciated. Just looking for a part # or application.
    Thanks

2. BISHOP

BISHOP

3. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

I use one from a Land Rover Discovery/Defender - early nineties. Don't know the exact dimensions but I can measure it tonight when I get home. Just remembered there are two different one - different hose sizes.

4. DanCollins

DanCollins

thanks guys. that mcleod racing stuff is trick, but too modern looking for this car. it's visible in an open engine bay. Hoping for an OEM type of thing...Ddooce, keep me posted on the Land Rover one, thanks.

5. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

I went over to the parts dept - of course they don't have one in stock and being modern parts guys dont even know the diameter! The part numbers are FTC5071 and
    FTC 2498 . I think the fist one has a metric thread on the inlet and the other is inch.
    I will measure my spare when I get home tonight.

6. DanCollins

DanCollins

thanks for the help, but it looks like Wilwood gave me bogus info trying to sell me theyre own parts, so now it looks like I am gonna need a 3/4" slave. back to the drawing board...

7. 1960 chevy pickup >>>>.

8. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Are you trying to increase effort effort & decrease travel (13/16 up to 7/8) or the other way around (down to 3/4)?

9. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

10. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Mounting holes are on 2 1/2 in centres but you easly slot it - it's a nice cast steel part. If you want to see what it looks like there is a picture on the Atlantic British on- line parts catalogue. Just look up clutch slave cylinder for a Discovery series one. I am not sure of the bore, may be 1 inch. I use one with a 3/4 bore master and it gives a nice clutch on a 283 SBC. Plenty of movement and a nice soft pedal.

Just checked with a caliper 1inch bore

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011