Register now to get rid of these ads!

varmits and storage now what?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paperdog, Jan 18, 2011.

1. since NOV. 8TH due to some health issues.. both my parents , girlfriend , now me... stitches and nerve damage in my neck along with the weather being a bigger than normal hassle early .. snow cold , rain and frozen ice piles .. moving dead player cars around ..... blah blah blah it has taken me until this week to get my free new birthday present (2010 mercedes i won on my birthday ) put into a 4 week delayed shipment car capsule
    .. with as taken many precauations as i could do considering all the bad crap going on keeping me from home ..,i have used , electroninic chasers .dryer sheets , borax , live traps , killer traps , sticky traps .. all surrounded the car stored in a cold grage ..
    when i started it up to fianally move it yesterday into the next stall .. (6 feet away)alot of acorns came shooting out the exaust ... no critters though
    i got the car moved to where i can encapsulate it ..ready right now

NOW WHAT?

so yes i will examine everything i can before doing the sealed bubble UNDER THE HOOD .. EVERY WHERE
    but the crap in the exhaust ??

what should i do? any suggestions

the stall its going in now is semi heated (warm does not freeze ) and attached to the house

I can't run it too long on the capsule bottom hot exhaust is close ..

so back it out when the weather permits and run it a while ?

i am really trying to avaoid getting any road salt or snow on it ?

thanks

now when this is safely stored the rod projects go back to the front of the to do list when i can walk and move again..

any one that can star trek beam it to arizona ? and blink it back in may let me know ..

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. bryan6902

bryan6902

Stuff a piece of steel wool in the tail pipe. They will not chew it, eat it or try and scratch past it.

3. bryan6902

bryan6902

Hope you're feeling better, what an amazing Birthday SCORE!

4. 55chevr

55chevr

I had a car stored for 4 years and when I got it on the road the heater core was leaking ... pulled it apart and found that mice had built a nest in the heater box and the urine corroded the core ... they are destructive little SOB-s

5. Deuces

Deuces

Git yourself a kat! :cool:

Attached Files:

6. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

we had to get a exterminator in he said stuff the exhaust and any small hole with steel wool. they don't like it as it cuts thier mouths up. stick open boxes of moth balls every where else where it stays dry under the hood,on the frame. in my garage i got those tom cat poison blocks with a hole in the middle,nailed then down to a stud and watch them chew them up. if you don't nail or wire them into a spot, as big as those blocks are they will some how carry them away.
    where those lil. sob's get into is out right amazeing. and how small a hole is more so. chipmonks and wood chucks, those some how seem to find the recieving end of the old farm boy type guy next doors rugger 10-22

7. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

I put my cars in overseas containers, one is even insulated and heated, no mice, snakes, mud dobbers or big spiders, usually dust free when I open the doors.

8. jersey greaser

jersey greaser

that works great! those 220 volt freezer ones work great. did it with my now gone 63 Z06 tanker spilt window vet for 40 years.

9. thanks guys
    i understand i goofed on the tail pipes for 3 months.. but my question is .. now how do i make sure all that debri is out of the exhaust?

once the car capsule is inflated i am prety sure i'll be keeping em out but i am concerned about what is in there now ..

more doctorS and more scans tomorrow
    GOOD THING .it only hurts while awake ,sleeping , standing , sitting or laying down

pain meds do nothing DAMMMIT

i know the car is OT
    but i may wanna trade for a nice finished 32 some day soon if i don't get better

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  10. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

I put tin foil in the pipes and steel wool around any openings they might be getting in.

11. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Leave the car outside. It will be so cold, nothing will want to live in it. They sit out in the cold on new car lots. It will stay clean (salt free) as long as you don't drive it.

12. alchemy

alchemy

This is it. Leave the car right outside the garage door for a day (as long as it's not snowing) and the critters will leave it to find a warmer place. Then pull the car directly into it's new cocoon.

13. robertbandit

robertbandit

get some peppermint OIL get some cotton balls put oil on balls (funny ) and put balls every where critters and varmints don't like the smeel get both at drug store it'll work:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

14. bgaro

bgaro

wait, are we talking bout how to care for a brand new mercedes right now? u have a benz now maybe u could just look down your nose at the chipmunks they'll feel bad and leave

15. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

A friend of mine swears by getting someone with a litter box and he takes the used contents and speads them arond under the car. He claims the vermin don't like the smell of a cat being that close, It does seem to work for him. Also always pull down the sun visors when storing a car ,they like to set on them and chew the headliners.

16. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heres One That Works!
    Pinesol! You know howbad & Strong it smells when the O'lady is cleaning! Well a farmer told me this! Rodents hate Pine! Take a big tupperware bowl set it on floorboard 3/4 full & no rodents! When you want to drive put lid on & drive! Only thing Stirr it up about every month & smell is stronger! Bill

17. kzeliminator

kzeliminator
    from chicago

that is a badass car, agreed with the others, if critters can get in the garage or the bubble, put a cover on it, leave it in the driveway

18. hmmmm

out doors????? its gonna be about 5 below tonight....

saw 3 squirrels running around in front of the garage today prolly gathering thier stash of launched slightly toasted nuts ...

it did make me feel better listening to it rev up to get the acorns out

i am gonna try to vaccum the pipes free of excess crap and then close the bubble . checking frequently for critteres in side sticky and other traps ..will be visible

so later tomorrow after we get home my snow globe adventure begins

thanks for your suport .. more scans and a determintaion thursday noon about my pain in the neck

19. big creep

big creep

oh man i laughed out loud for real!! the picture of the cat is great!!!!

20. big creep

big creep

wow you won this thing? if i were you i would sell it fast!!!! and buy what i really want, not a fan of new cars, but to each his own! and i hope you feel better, man that sucks to be in pain!!! as for getting stuff out of the tail pipe, start it up, and rev the shit out of it!!!!!!!!! poof it should fly right out!!!!

21. duecesteve

duecesteve

I useDryer sheets like Bounce It has always worked for me.

22. Deuces

Deuces

Thanks Creep! :D I took a ton of pictures of the little guy from when he was just a cool kitten... He now weighs almost 12 lbs He's hunted down a bunch of dirty rats from the 'hood and brought them home.. :eek:

23. crash11049

crash11049

24. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Take a couple of old socks and fill them with mothballs and put them in the car.

25. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Habanero powder, take a turkey baster and suck some into it and puff some into the exhaust. Rats mice and squirrels are scent marker followers, they leave a little trail of constant piss that they smell to mark relatively safe paths. Give them a little sniff of Hab dust, I keep chipmunks off my tomatoes with it. Deer too. If you can't find Hab powder you could use A hot chili powder, if your eyes water that'll do.

26. good stuff guys....

28. Deuces

Deuces

He's a killer.. :cool:

Attached Files:

29. big creep

big creep

you know my buddys cat brings rats, birds, lizards, mice and all kinds of little present home!!!! its funny we will be having a few brews and here comes the cat with a treat, and he'll drop it right at your feet! like look what i brought home just for you! great for keeping pest away!!!!