Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Where did this one come from? If i remember correctly this was for sale in Jefferson WI swap meet about 2 years ago?

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  2. Back in the late '60's dad took a perfectly good '64 roadster with removable hard top and made a race car out of it. It was gold with black interior.

He painted it yellow. Dropped a ZL1 in it with a tunnel ram. Cut the quarters out to allow for wider slicks. Put a roll bar in it. He raced it for a couple of years and sold it. He swears he saw it on the cover of Hot Rod a few months later.

3. vetrod62

vetrod62

Tony Feil the early days.

[​IMG]

4. vetrod62

vetrod62

Now, that is bad ass!!!!!

els likes this.
  5. I got it from the classified here on the hamb! I went to Dallas for it. The car was a west coast car. Pine striping done in Bakersfield. I was told it was from Fresno....Don

6. GREAT THREAD! Old vettes make the rowdiest looking drag cars. Talk about "hangin" the front wheels......

[​IMG]

7. I heard that too. But, he shoulda cleaned that shit up when he got home

8. HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! I have the same pic of the same car at the same show! I took it in New York at a show in 1968. Look at the flowers on the ground, blue balloons, and the caddy tailight in the background. We coulda been touching shoulders. I regret not going a little more to the side to get the rear wheels and the name.:(. Tell me about yours PLEASE!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  9. Tell me all about this pic PLEASE! Look at my post on it^^^^^

10. jimdillon

jimdillon

Don did you end up getting the history from Mark Anderson or any old pictures and history? If so feel free to fill us in. Always good to see that an old drag car was saved and hopefully to remain a drag car.-Jim

11. vetrod62

vetrod62

Sorry friend, that is the exact same picture.

Sorry, some confusion here. When I refreshed, post 227 came up, skipping post 226. The comparison was to to post 158. Groucho and I squared it up within an hour.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  12. Mine is from a lower angle

13. 20th Century Chevy

20th Century Chevy

Anyone know anymore about this one......I really like everything about this vette.

Attached Files:

els likes this.
  14. Jim, I got nothing, no pictures or history other than what I told you! I wish I knew more! I contacted the electric company but they have no recollection of the car....Don

15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

My 62 modified Corvette in my driveway in Flagstaff AZ. Sold it when I moved back to this god foresaken state in 1986. Would love to find it again VIN 20867S101653

Pat

Attached Files:

16. 1929rats

1929rats

This one came from CT. The picture is from the 70's at the hartford, CT expo. I got it off the Frank Maratta website awhile back...check out how close the slick is to the extra flared glass....lots of work/itching here....

Attached Files:

els and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  17. 1929rats

1929rats

This may be my favorite vette ever.... as seen in rodders journal a few years ago...

18. 1929rats

1929rats

However, this one is a close 2nd....hate the luggage rack though.... pretty much bone stock with wheels, tires...but the 56 and 57's were factory hotrods in my eyes....not much else more pretty than a solid axle vette with two lamps....

Attached Files:

19. jrod60

jrod60
    from Katy, TX

I used to be a Corvette driver and I'm quite fond of this. Super cool!

els likes this.
  20. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

fast ass tupperware

els likes this.
  21. jimdillon

jimdillon

[​IMG] Re: 1956 Corvette: Bad Blood, drag car from the 60's
    <hr style="color: rgb(229, 229, 229); background-color: rgb(229, 229, 229);" size="1"> Quote:
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Jerry Mc [​IMG]
    My dad picked this up in Northern California back in late 2006 and he worked on it off an on and collected most of the missing parts. It has now landed in MY garage and I was wondering if anyone knows any history on this old Vette, or if any of you guys can point me in the right direction I would appriciate it. It supposedly ran in and around the Bakersfield CA area in the late 60's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    hi my name is mark anderson. my father bought that car when he got out of the service. his name was mike anderson. but was known as mickey anderson by his race buddys. that car was sold and recked and my father bought it back. then we turned it into what you have now. but we had put an injected 426 hemi into it and it was apart of the 200 mile an hour door slamers club. and we also won the 77 world of wheels. the e.t time on the track was 9.01 at a 183 mil. an hour. i see you found a wind shild. and put a new floor board in it. the car looks good. e-mail me with your phone number and i can answer any questions you have and i have lots of old picturs of it i will find and send to you. my e-mail is. [email protected].

I would have thought this man would have helped somewhat?? No such luck I guess. I have had such a bitch tracking down history on my old drag cars I was hoping you had some luck-Jim

22. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I have avoided this thread until now because as others on here have probably stated as well, I tend to not have much interest in Corvettes typically because of the high cheese factor and that so many of the owners are so annoying for a huge variety of reasons, but I dig this thread. These are some of the coolest Corvettes out there. Proper paint dabs, all original, all #'s matching down to the glove box button 'vettes - who gives a flying crap? Now these, these are cool.

23. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

I even tried contacing this dude about the car but I got nothing back either....
    Don got it from me....and this is all I ever knew about it.
    I got it from my Dad and he picked it up in some little town in northern CA. I heard
    that it was an the 1977 Bakersfeild AutoRama winner and that there is at least one magazine that has a photo of it from that show but I was never able to track that leed down.

24. Come on guys, I'm dying to know more about this one. I posted almost the same shot from the same show that I took in '68. Anyone know anything about this shot in particular, like where it came from?

25. cadman89

cadman89

This one shows up at the Daytona turkey Run

[​IMG]

Cadman

26. jimdillon

jimdillon

Jerry Mc and Don-too bad this guy did not come through. I have hundreds of pics of old Vette drag cars and there are only a handful of that are still in their drag racing livery. If old Vette drag cars when sold were close to stock, that being they were not cut up too bad, then there is a pretty good chance they have been put back to stock form. There are so many Corvette people that look at the car as an investment. I don't want to purposely lose money but they never cost me too much in the first place and I like hot rods not stock Corvettes. I am maybe a bit different in that I am interested in Corvette drag cars or old street/strip run on Woodward style. Regular Corvettes are OK but mean very little-that is just me. A large part of the Corvette history is drag racing. During the early days they were arguably more successful on the drag strip than the road courses.

I am just amazed I guess that more of the history of these old drag cars was not preserved.

Good thing for threads like this. Maybe the future youth may actually realize that some of these early Vettes actually were run hard and proved their worth.-Jim

27. eh...yeah but some stock 'vettes were hot rods. Especially the big hp optioned BBC vettes. 450+ hp in a little 2 seater.....sounds like a hot rod to me.

els likes this.
  28. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

Yes LOTS of work was done on this BadBlood vette. My dad was going to make a RestoMod out of it, but decided it was too much work, he started replaceing the floor from a few doner cars he found. I wanted it to be a Gasser and I took over and work on putting the floor back but it requires more chassis fab work that I can do, so it ended up with Don who we all know preserves old drag cars very well. He's the only person I wanted to have the car. When he gets to it, it will be the way I would have done it..IF had I the time, money, & skills!

29. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Clearly, it is not the same photo. Look at the ceiling, the wheel wells, etc.
    Groucho, surely you've PM'd Dog?
    Cool story . . . serendipity.
    Oh, and great thread.

els likes this.
  30. I know it's not the same photo. Different angle. BUT, we were both there, 42 yrs ago shooting that same car at that same show. Look at the flowers on the floor and the balloons in the background in both pics. I left my question public in case someone else besides Dog had the answer to who might have taken the other one. Hell, one of us could've literally been waiting for the other to get out of the way. That's so cool to me!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011