Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crower Roller Cam

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Noland, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Noland

Noland

I was wondering if anybody on Here had an old crower book or something. I have a Crower roller cam in my 390 Cadillac. I would like to find out the lift of it. The numbers on the cam are 90R and A6230. I contacted crower awhile ago and they said it was too old and wanted me to send it in to be tagged. Like I said the cam is in the engine and Im just curious how awesome it is. this would be much appreciated, Thanks Ken.

2. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

you could measure the lobe lift with a dial indicator and then just multiply it by your rocker arm ratio. Or if you dont know the rocker ratio off hand, just put the indicator on the vavle retainer and measure the lift directly.

3. Noland

Noland

Thanks, I never really thought of that, I was thinking it had to be done on v blocks like they do. I dont see why that wouldnt work

4. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

sure.. the retainer way wont be as accurate, because of the valve lash unless you check it and factor it in. i guess if you have a degree wheel you could check the duration as well.

5. About the only thing that can't be checked with the cam in the block is the lobe separation and the recommended valve lash.

But just for a little help lets send this one back to the top.

6. oj

oj

Whats been said and that the numbers on the cam are not part numbers, tey refer to the master cam lobe number or something. So if you had that catalog it would be meaningless.
    A dial indicator measuring from the edge of the lifter - not in the lifter itself. Pushrod and rocker off the engine. That'll give you lobe lift then mutiply that times the rocker ratio and that'll give you gross lift, henm deduct the valve lash and that'll give you net lift. Later, oj

7. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you measure both an intake and exhaust lobe, and use a degree wheel, you should also be able to figure out the lobe separation angle.

8. Never though of doing that. Good idea.

9. MISTER TWISTER

MISTER TWISTER

lobe seperation would be checked in cam degrees not crank degrees right?

10. I'm pretty sure its cam degrees, of course I have been wrong about other simpler things. :D

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, lobe separation is cam degrees, duration is measured at the crank.

12. humpie

humpie

I had a question about a crower cam and called summit,give them the number and they told me everything about it,maybe they can do the same for you.good luck:)