Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kanter's Front End Kits - Likey?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M1Lover, Jan 18, 2011.

1. M1Lover

M1Lover

Gents, do we like Kanter's products? I bought a standard front end kit many many moons ago for a 66 Caddy Calais. Seemed kinda cheesy. How about these days? Thanks, H.

2. Future Stock

Future Stock

I bought front end and brake stuff for my '66 Bonnie a few years back. All worked well.

3. I like them. The guy that awnsered the phone actually knew what a Willys is. The wheel cyl.s were correct, new and shipped in two days. I likey.

4. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Their stuff is good, kind of pricy, I think. But most of the time it's NOS. A lot of times, they've got the hard to find stuff, when a person MUST HAVE.

HellRaiser

5. lucky53

lucky53

I bought all the parts for the front end re-build of my '53 Chevy.

The staff was very knowledgeable on the stuff I needed and they were nice.

All the quality of the parts were good.

They had everything I needed.

So... Yes I would buy from them again.

-Lucky

6. Unsafe6

Unsafe6

I used one in my 54 chev this summer. The parts did look a little cheezy but did fit well. I liked the old style metal ream to fit bushings. they seem to be a rarity these days. The kit was very complete and a bargain. Guy on the end of the phone was beyond awesome. Definitely will be a return customer.

7. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Did the front end on my '46 Pontiac woody using their parts. Guy on the phone was most helpful. You get what you pay for and I had no problems with their pricing.

8. Used it on my 50 Chevy. Worked fine. Todd

9. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

I installed a complete Kanter front end rebuild kit in '92 on my daily driver '68 Catalina.

The company and the people there were great.

Unfortunately, the ball joints were 'clicky' (over railroad tracks, etc.) within about one month of use (grrr). (By comparison, installing Moog and GM NOS in the same application afterward never clicked for the 25,000 additional miles I drove it). Hope it helps!

10. always have had good luck, parts came quickly, but then again they are close, ordered parts for a '41 hudson yesterday, parts were in stock and they said they would go out today.

11. gafridge

gafridge

Have used a few front end kits on our Packards,always great service and correct parts.

12. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

All experiences with Kanter have been good ... excellent phone help when needed.

13. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Is there anyplace else? I used them on my '51 Ford. So far so good, only thing is at least on this car the rubber boots are thin , so the trick is to get thicker ones from bob drake or wherever and use them.

It was really convenient to order everything and get it as a kit. I didn't really shop around much, but the other place I asked had to piece it all together and I just didn't need the hassle and potential missing/backordered parts.

14. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I put a Kanter kit in the front end of a '61 Bonneville convertible some years ago, and it worked out fine for me.

15. I helped someone with an '64 or so Plymouth some years back with one of their kits. The parts had a "no name" look to them, but it was a complete kit, although pricey. They have a good rep and offer convenience. I prefer to buy Moog, McQuay-Norris and other name brand parts.

Bob

16. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

I have used them for hard to find parts, with great luck. Some of the best guy,s on the phone, friendly and know their shit. A bit pricey and the web-cat is hard to nav. but i will use again. My two cents.

17. AdeQ8Styl

AdeQ8Styl
    from TEXAS!

I just got a Pacer IFS rebuild kit dropped off by the big brown truck yesterday from them. Prices didnt seem steep to me, as autozone said $78 for one ball joint and I got every A-arm bushing and ball joint plus hardware for $260 or so with free shipping. I called them with some questons and the guy who answered was spot on. Parts look good in the box, and I dont foresee any issues. They may be no name as stated, but who has "name" brand Pacer stuff?!

18. M1Lover

M1Lover

I'd say the AYE'S have it. Thanks for the replies. H.

19. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like I'll be giving them a call for the suspension rebuild on my '64 ElCamino. Thanks guys for the recommendation.

Frank

20. teddyp

teddyp

put thier kit in my 50 chevy ,58 ford and 65 caddy all work great i live close by so i just go and pick up what i need they have the paets you can,t find