Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Green Hornet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GrizzGang, Jan 13, 2011.

1. PurposeBuiltParts

PurposeBuiltParts

Hello,
    My car has a cameo in the movie Green Hornet. Its the 69 Charger parked right next to the Black Beauty in the Garage scenes.
    Here is a shot I took of the set.
    [​IMG]

If anyone is interested I have some more video of the car on my youtube channel.

I know the Got Jacks is cheesy,but what else can you say?

You can also see more pictures and videos at http://www.purposebuilt.com

Thanks

2. choptvan

choptvan

I am suprised that no one mentioned this already. Think of it. If this car had jap cars ( fast and furious series ) would most of you have even seen it? It is most likely because it has the old car that you even did. So why be worried about how many were messed up? The car helps make the movie.

3. Very cool,hope it payed scale......Is that the Moal roadster in there too??........Didnt I see it on some tv show being built........Lotta work/right hand drive

4. Philbilly

Philbilly

Nice car! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm going too.

5. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Here it is at Comic Con last year...had a hard time getting a photo without the nerd swarm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guy driving it was a pro at getting it out of the hauler, but for some ironic reason, he couldn't drive it for sh*t once it hit the ground. While in the hauler, I looked at the undercarriage, expecting it to be a hodgepodge of crap (as most film props/cars usually are) but NO...it was clean and beautimus! HOWEVER, it had no flexplate cover :/

6. v194

v194
    from The South

That is a clone. Actually its a clone of a clone.

What do you want to know about the Black Beauty?

Actually in pre production they asked me if I wanted to sell them my car. I declined but offered them a rental. They decided to make their own and basically stole the design Jeffries put forth in the 66 TV series. Now Rogen said that there were no fans of the old 66 TV show so why did he try to include so many throwbacks to the 66 series?
    Not to the point but the character of the Green Hornet was never meant to be played in a comedic vein. It was deliberately not played that way in 66. It tested in audiences better than Batman but only lasted one season because its too difficult to develop a crime drama in 30 minutes and ABC refused to allow them to do it as a 1 hour show. Rather than try to continue as a 30 minute show and struggle they decided to shut it down.

7. v194

v194
    from The South

8. frank spittle

frank spittle

I find it interesting the Batman movie cars looked nothing like the TV cars but the Green Hornet movie cars stayed true to the Jeffries built TV cars. I believe it worked well in both cases. Here is another Jeffries built car. He has been involved with many customs but I believe this was his only involvement with a drag race car.

Attached Files:

9. Thanks V194..........Hate to See Dean screwed over AGAIN..........So,does someone have a MOLD of that nose.......

10. v194

v194
    from The South

I have no idea if they pulled one from the Movie car?
    The TV cars style there is a couple of molds floating around. They were originally pulled from a clone so that makes them a "clone of a clone." The detail is rather poor. To the best of my knowledge there were never molds pulled from any of the original cars.

11. tigersharka

tigersharka
    from Las Vegas

Friends, new to the board. I am looking for Chrysler Imperial...65-66. Also a complete set of Apache Wheels...any help is appreciated. Email me...thanks
    [email protected]

12. v194

v194
    from The South

Not going to make it at Amelia. They refused to pay for trnasport of the car. Sorry.

13. billy whizz

billy whizz

I finally got a very decent 65 Imperial and am having it shipped to the UK...then it's getting the 'nose job' off the movie car. However, I need help with accurate dimensions, if any of you guys can help out....???