Register now to get rid of these ads!

More American Graffetti

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bcharlton, Jan 17, 2011.

1. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Just saw this movie over the weekend and wanted to know who I should talk to, to get the 2 hours of my life back i just wasted.

It was like a death of a friend. The worst movie I actually sat through.

Please no more talk about a remake or a prequel. The original is perfect and needs to be left alone.

Just my 2 cents.

BC

2. big bad john

big bad john

.....Hard to top the original,,, I expected more,,,,but Hollywood wants to make more money

3. I don't go to movies anymore.Hollywood has already gotten too much of my money.I find it more entertaining to stay home and work in the shop.

4. dang! I just bought the double feature yesterday and only had watched the first movie! I planned on watching More Graffiti tonight! buzz kill!

5. edweird

edweird

i got it on dvd, didnt make much sense to me either.

6. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

seems like everybody on the hamb wants to talk movies lately, how cute.

7. I liked it! It wasn't "American Graffiti", But it wasn't a bad movie in it's own way either. The problem is, when you compare it to the original it falls flat. With a different cast of characters and a different title it could stand alone.

8. sport fury

sport fury

it is a good time to talk about car movies. it is the middle of winter and if you do not have a heated garage it limits your car activities.

9. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Just wondering, what part did you like. The awful "over acting" bad cimetography or the painful dialog. The only thing I like about it was the Swedish or
    Norwegian chick that Milner landed<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

10. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

ps Buffalo was -1 below this morning and I do not have a heated garage.

BC

11. Larry T

Larry T

I liked More AG. Drag racing part was GREAT. Lots of other funny stuff too.
    Maybe you needed to live through the era to get it, but it's just a movie--like AG I.
    As far as worst movie ever, if More AG and Two Lane Blacktop are sitting by the player, I'll watch More AG every time.
    Larry T

12. jackjohn

jackjohn
    from mineola tx

bc

blastphamy,ag#1 my favorite movie of all time. saw it at the movies when i was 16, gave me the fever, still have it at 55. no cure, and if they had one i'd refuse to take it..

shame on you [ lol ]
    john

13. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I definitely put it on the same grounds as the original, but the drag racing scenes are really good.

You have to remember, though: American Graffiti was, from a cinematography standpoint, very experimental. A lot of the shots in that film are really cutting edge. They continued to push the envelope for More American Graffiti, and when you experiment, sometimes you don't succeed.

14. Having seen the original at it original release in 1973 7 times in various indoor and outdoor theaters. I never wanted to see the second edition. I thought it would be like dry humping , it may get some needed results but not be nearly as enjoyable......... as the first great one.

15. Hey, I liked them both. I know that Aloha Bobby and Rose was like a train wreck that lasted 2 hours but AG and Two Lane Blacktop ( although were both low quality and had no story line really ) had alot of cool car scenes.

16. Plowboy

Plowboy

I liked it. It was a lot trippier than the first one.

17. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

it is on youtube right now- 8 parts. it is in my price range. it was just uploaded so no one has caught on to it yet.

18. I liked it. Was it as good as the first one? No, of course not. But, if you just watch it like a new movie, and don't compare it to the original, it's way more entertaining than some or most of the shit that's out there today that claim to be car type movies. How bad can a movie be that has drag racing?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  19. Mac_55

Mac_55

Loved all the drag racing scenes . TO be honest , i pop the dvd in , watch milner and toads scenes and thats it .

20. What??????

Comparing these 2 movies are like comparing 2 very different times in history.
    They could never stand equally side by side.
    One movie was based on teenage innocence, and the next in all of the shit that was turned upside down during the 60's. Times change and thats just what "more a.g." showed. I really don't know what alot of you expected,? the next 24 hours of boulevard cruising under the supervision of Wolfman Jack???? More poodleskirts, and plans launched out of bottles of Old Harper? What would one want????

The Origional Movie was based on the lives of several kids who lived in the same town, but at the end, all went in seperate directions. The sequel followed all of those different directions and told some great stories of those turbulent times.
    I don't understand why It sounds like most everyone has the opinion that the sequel should have been based on a "class reunion" where milner lined his ol yellow coupe up for a few races in the high school parking lot.
    i hope the negative views of other post don't actually sway people from watching A.G.II. Now lets light some fires and hope to see that prequil made someday!!!

21. sport fury

sport fury

thank you for defending the movie. when hamb members start a thread i wish they would base it on being value added to tradition hotrodding. i can understand negative feed back for something like pointing out a safety issue. unproductive bashing has no place on the hamb. keep the hamb a productive and fun message board.

22. Rolf

Rolf

I think both movies were significant in their own way. The Beach Boys song that ended AG I signaled the end of rock and roll, and AG II with the Vietnam scenes and era music sort of displayed the end of American "innocence" if that makes any sense.

Both worth seeing for different reasons.

23. Ditto:)

24. The Toad, Viet Nam part and Milner's drag racing segments were good. The rest...fair.

25. Larry T

Larry T

Come on, ya gotta love the part where the pimp freaks and blows the Python away in the Go Go Club. (G)
    If you've never really been around something like that, you've lived a sheltered life. LOL
    Larry T

26. It's been a while since I've seen the movie. I think I remember that part.:eek:

27. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

To really understand the message you had to be there,as a Senior in High School in 1963 who enlisted in the Army in April of '64 and returned home in '67 I get what the filmakers were trying to get across.America changed a lot in those 3 years and not for the better,Viet Nam era Vets that came home only to be labeled baby killers and murderers when we waited in train stations and airports by unpatriotic scum was something we did not deserve.Today our Military are welcomed home in stories on TV from their tours and shown love and respect,it wasn't always that way.When I got home my love of cars and horsepower helped me escape from all the negativity.

28. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

What's a tittle?

29. lol! before you bash a guy for a misspelling, learn how to spell title right. haha

30. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I like anything with Cindy Williams in it