Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Doughnuts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 7, 2011.

1. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

And kids today think THEY invented "drifting". Its a miracle any of us survived our youth.:rolleyes: Great stuff Ryan.

2. Damnit...... I had to watch that? :) I was expecting real live donuts.
    Ah, every Saturday morning, down to Neb's Market, 44th St. and Thomas Rd. and a Maple Long John.
    I loves me some Maple Long Johns. And donuts too....

3. Dave Downs

Dave Downs
    from S.E. Penna

Memories ----

I remember sitting in the back seat of a '60 Chev, 3-carb 348 w/3speed on the column with a Posi; in second gear at about 1500/2000rpm it would go round and round in 3" of snow in the shopping center parking lot. First to the left then crank the wheel the other way and spin to the the right. It would do this for hours on end....or so it seemed :D

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

hell we did the same dumb-ass but fun stuff in the '70s. Its a timeless tradition!

5. adams27

adams27

Love that flatbed!

6. There's always hand brakes!

Problem is nowadays there are too many party poopers that will call the cops and of course we have to keep that big industry of the judicial system humming along ( well wheezing really) so tickets must be written, court dates set...
    Lets "gray" it down... no fun for you anymore! Now back to your video games and text messaging kids...REAL FUN yea!!!!

7. I posted that video a couple of years ago but I like the soundtrack that's on it now a lot better!

Started my doughnut practice on the frozen lakes of wisconsin when I was 14... less chance of hitting anything than in the parking lots!

8. do that every day ..... every day in my head ,,,

actually did it new years eve ... 5 stitches and blood every where slipped and missed my ass hit my head on the ice

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

That Chevy coupe at the start is rad.

10. x 10 Thanks Dave

I've heard him tell the story about why the sheet metal was off the front of the car. Those guys were wild as hell!

11. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

I laughed out loud when I saw the dually truck join in the fun. It brought back fond memories of when I worked for U-Haul and we honed our skills sliding the 24 foot moving vans into their parking slots. It's a wonder we didn't smash up the trucks or ourselves! Really cool Ryan.

12. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Tudor ---- why is the sheetmetal off the front?

13. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Reminds me of 1967 when I was 15 and had a 55 stude champion. Couldnt wait for ice or snow so I could go get me some donuts. Flat 6 wouldnt brake a tire loose in dry weather.

14. S.F.

S.F.

there is something so fascinating about watching someone run the absolute f'n shit out of a stock 55 chevy...Ive watched this like 5 times....

15. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I was inspired to go do the same out in my muddy pasture,
    its a rush i never tire of

16. devilleish

devilleish

Hell yeah, Steve... How can ya NOT?

17. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

In Oakland it's called a sideshow.

18. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Did the same thing in the late 70s with my 74 Torino with the 351 Windsor. My kids better not do that stuff.

19. i think the music is cool!

20. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Hey! Yeah thats my old man "Cabbage" at the start of the video, he was Cumming ga.s biggest Hot Rod Hooligan. He drove SuperModified Sprint cars in the late fifties early sixties. If i remember correctly some dumbass ran a stop sign and smashed his 52 just a couple days before they were supposed to head for Daytona. Dad and his buddies went down every year to the Beach Races and run their cars on the beach in the "Flying Mile". He tells a story of puttin four big guys in the back of the 52 (for traction) and out running everything on the beach one night. Sand is a tricky launch. Anyhow back to the sheetmetal. Since there was no time for repair the car they just lifted the front clip and braced up the rad and headlights with angle iron. On the way down to Daytona a State Trooper stopped him for Speeding (imagine that) and wrote him a tricket. He wrote on the ticket for make and model ???? :D

21. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ha ha, thats a pretty cool story. It would be a helluva family heirloom to have that framed and hung next to the family picture.

22. that is Kool, did your old man see the video? or i should say movie

23. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

Oh yea! Everyone in our Town has seen it since Tudor put it up on Youtube! :D

24. SOLO

SOLO

Cool movie! I love doughnuts!

25. Good old small town america where we could get away with being a bit rowdy. Toilet paper the downtown at Haloween. Used to love it when my buddy pulled into the driveway and let go with the Wolf Whistle, would drive the old man up the wall, but he was the one who took me out in his 56 Chev and taught me to do doughnuts at 10. Sometimes I look back and think how'd we make it past 30.

26. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

I think we have all been there and done that at some point. I know I did plenty of things my dad would have been pissed about it if he knew. Where I am still in my 20's, there are days I wonder how I made it this far, and if I will make it to 30. Because I am still guilty of doing some bone head things from time to time.

27. DONNIE STROTHER

DONNIE STROTHER
    from virginia

The Beach Boys had NOTHING to do with the 50's !

28. ROAD AGENT

ROAD AGENT

Hahaaaaaaa.. Now that looks like some fun!

29. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

I like doughnuts!