Register now to get rid of these ads!

aussie hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thommoina33, Dec 22, 2010.

1. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

You guys could be onto something! This is something we really do need.

Needs to stick by it's guidelines though...

I have a couple suggestions- Obviously advertise it well, BUT, make it a pre-entry event ONLY so you organisers can accept or not accept the vehicle therefore the entrant will have to submit a photo/description of vehicle..... etc

Don't expect big numbers but I think you'll have a minimum of 70 cars at least! It should be seen as an authentic event rather than a mass numbered/recognised event. I know that us South Aussies don't mind a long cruise for a traditional event, like-wise from NSW and there are plenty of traditional styled rods in Vic.

Keep us posted.

HC.

2. Maybe it's me, but I would not spend either Australia Day or ANZAC Day at a rod run.

3. I don't think I'd be advertising it at all. If it's invite only why create more unnecessary work managing crowds and extra parking?

4. Hey Thommo, head the other way to Mildura and I'll help organize early roadsters, roadster pickups & coupes to cruise up from Adelaide to have a Aussie H.A.M.B. Nats and join up for a big, big sundrenched cocktail party around the pool!

5. That's not the point dude. It's about re-creating an event in the spirtit of the PRC reliability runs.

I agree with you Devilrod on the no advertising.

6. 63Compact

63Compact

I dont think a sanction would be a problem for an invitational and probably not a bad idea as it comes with insurance to cover the organisers arses. x3 on no advertising, all the important people are here right! As for the get together maybe keep it small to get a few key ideas together then put foward a plan for discussion to the masses.

7. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Like the PRC event, it'll be an invite only event initially very limited in the number of entrants, like the PRC event.

If you think you or dome of your mates have a car you think would suit this run, post a picture of it here, pm Thommo or myself the contact details, and we will keep the register of prospective invitees for the first event.

We do not know all the traditional hot rods and the traditional hot rod guys out there, so we need your help on this one too.

8. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

i`m in to help any way i can,just let me know

9. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

im always keen for a cruise as is the rest of the Ruiners!

if anyone isnt doing much in march theres a rocabilly/ hotrod get together and what not in bright north east VIC on the second weekend.....i think its the second il get the dates and il be back.

10. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

11. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

me either,anzac day has a very special meaning to me,shit i don't even like the footy being played.
    i think the run would have to be in the summer months or early autumn at the latest.

12. Let's just keep this thread on track please.

13. deano.33

deano.33
    from Australia

If you need any help with this event just let me know Thommo!

14. Not A N Z A C D A Y guys.....too important to many here inc me.

Rest easy guys....

Nice to met all the guys and thanx Thommo for providing the venue and your hospitality too !!!

Rat

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  15. jimbob

jimbob

Flatoz and I have been toying with this idea for a few years now, but it was hinging on a run that I was trying to get up and running. Work got in the way and the run hasn't eventuated, yet.

Good luck with it

16. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Jamie

Its all go!

We met today and got the ball rolling.

Stay tuned for further details

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  17. 63Compact

63Compact

Big thanks to Thommo and his Family for their hospitality.

18. Big Thanks X 2 to Thommo and his great Family for the hospitality today , was great to meet you guys and move on further with this , Good Stuff to come ..................

19. On stand-by for details
    CM

20. Just a thought here - and not sure of the dates that chopped is on but looking from an interstate perspective it would be good for this event to be the weekend before chopped so both can be experienced .
    Love the way its headed :)

21. striper

striper

Apologies for missing the get together guys. Got stuck at work half the day.

Pete

22. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Sounds good, re wk end around chopped, and that 1st meeting took place, cheers fella's

23. Likewise, not work though just family who left later than expected.

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know no one gives a rats arse, but as a Vet myself I am another clear and loud voice saying NO to Anzac Day.
    ((Edit) I do understand I wont be a part of it, but anything on ANZAC day is a no no.)
    Too many of my family, too many of my mates gave way too much to cheapen the one day set aside for their memory.

Doc.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  25. x3.

26. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Fear not - there will be no hot rod events on ANZAC Day organized by this little black duck ...... ever

Thommo - thankyou very much to you, your good lady, and you family for yesterday's meeting.
    Glenn - how you going finding that lamb receipe?

27. kool 52

kool 52

Great to meet you all sunday,I hope I can help you guys in any way to acheive making this event happen.Another thank you to Thommo and his Wife,certaintly set the the benchmark for the BBQ.
    Cheers Mark

28. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

well guys,the first meeting has come and gone,just like to thank all those who attended , thrashed out ideas and really laid the basics of what should be a great event.
    thanks also to stovebolt who drove the meeting and provided auction items.
    as stovebolt said,some more info will come to light in the not to distant future,a little bit more legwork required before anything is set in stone.
    it will remain an invitational event for period cars and will not be on ANZAC day(not sure how that came up,never considered/discussed and never will be),

now the bbq,i said to jess,don't make to much salad,they're car guys,they eat meat,lot off salad left,now i'm eating salad for the rest of the week.the lamb came from norms butcher at brandon park.he's not an alliance member yet so no discount,i'm workin on that.
    cheers,thommo.

29. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

Point well taken.

I think you guys are headed In the right direction. I'd imagine the plan is to have it up and running next year?

Fill us in on the guidelines of vehicle approval etc, and we'll start sending you guys details of vehicle/owner which you can put on a list, consolidate and then when the time comes..... Send out the time slip tags.....:cool:

Keep us posted!

HC

30. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

I'll add one more thing....

EVERY aspect of the event should be authentic/valid to the vibe of the run!

E.g, the tags, the name etc etc.....

HC.