Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost my best friend ever today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JD's 32, Jan 14, 2011.

1. woodienut

woodienut
    from So.Cal.

I could not say it better, I 'm calling my boys right now.
    My deepest condolences to you and your family.

2. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Sorry for your loss.

3. blackie26

blackie26
    from BROCKVEGAS

Very sorry for your loss thought and prayers are with you

4. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

my thought exactly!!!!!!!! Just keep your head up, cause im sure thats what he would want!!

5. 55ledsled

55ledsled
    from Magnolia

I never wanted children......But if i lost my 19 year old son, I would feel the same unimaginable pain....:(

If I can offer anything beyond prayers, please let me know.

6. bigdreamsnobux

bigdreamsnobux

I have 2 sons myself, 3 and 5. Please know it is people like you and your son that excite me to one day have the same relationship with them. Take care of yourself and you will be in my family's thoughts as well.

7. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

I feel your pain...I too lost a son 8/3/10...I'm new on here and it's good to hear the support from all the gearheads and hotrodders on here...who a lot of people don't think have a Heart or a sympathetic bone in there body. I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope that some day the pain will ease...until that time comes we'll just have to learn to think of the good times...and try to accept what we have no control over.

Sincerly,
    Sonny

8. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

I'm so sorry for your loss. My son is the best friend I've ever had, I can't image losing him. My thoughts are with you and your family.

9. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 6, 1992. I will never forget that day as long as I'm alive. That's the day my Daughter was born. She would have turned 18 years old this summer had she lived.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I look back on my life's journey, and I recall certain milestones. I remember when I lost my virginity. I was 14 and was cutting class with a girl... A hot girl! I remember my first date, my first car, and my first airplane ride.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]And I remember in great detail the exact moment I lost my childhood innocence. It was August 6, 1992 at 3:12 a.m.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think back on it now, and the whole episode plays out like a bad dream. When it happened, I was married and already had 2 kids. She was our 3rd. The delivery was exceptionally difficult, and when she was born, she was incredibly sick. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My little angel of a daughter lived for almost 2 years before she finally passed away peacefully in her sleep. A good chunk of those 2 years was on life-support of one form or another.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I remember how the event changed me. For the longest time, I was in denial. I tried to be the same happy-go-lucky guy I was before, but it was all a front to mask the sufferage that tortured me as it flowed thru my veins. Every single day of her precious life, I died a little more being forced to watch her endure the pain of her illness.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On the day she died, I finally went entirely numb. I lost all contact with my sense of wonder, love, discovery, and adventure.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Somehow...­ Dont ask me how, I managed to stay strong for my wife. I managed to continue being a good parent for my other two children. I managed to go to work, and pay the bills, and do all those things that society told me I was obligated to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A few years later, we had another child. A daughter. She's not a replacememt for what I had lost, she is her own person and I love her for the spoiled rotten brat that she is. Unfortunately, my wife could no longer endure the pain and she sought love in the arms of another man... Which naturaly led to a divorce.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The divorce was probably the best thing that happened to both of us.We spent a long time blaming each other for what happened. Once we broke those chains, we were able to live again. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The pain is still there. It never really goes away, but it does mellow after enough time has passed. There's a transitional point where it stops being something that happened "to you" and becomes a part "of you", where you incorporate and absorb that data into the fabric of your being and accept it. Become one with it. Be at peace with it...[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]August 6th was my daughter's birthday. She would have turned18 were she still alive, but she is not. No matter what the date, she will forever be a tiny sweet wonderfull little person who never had a chance to grow up. She will always be my baby. There was no party at my house on that day. No cake, no ice-cream... There was only an uneasy calm as I pondered what could have been, but never will be.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But I'll be ok. I'v learned to love and wonder again. I'v felt the spark of adventure and discovery flow thru my body once more after a long absence. My journey begins anew each day and takes me to some incredible places. I am a better and stronger person for having endured those challenges...... But believe me, it was a HARD pill to swallow, and an expirence I would not wish upon my worst enemy.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My childhood innocence however, is permanently lost. I'v seen too much and fought too long and hard to ever be able to reclaim it. I remember it, and what it was like... To be able to look at the world thru un-spoiled eyes and honestly believe there was nothing out there that could hurt you. No challenge one could not overcome. To honestly believe you could live forever. I am eternally hopefull that my sense of discovery may somehow lead me to find enough magic to be able to reclaim it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I know that will never happen, but it wont stop me from seeking it anyway. [/FONT]

You have a long and painfull journey in front of you my friend. I only wish there were some words of advice I could offer you, but I cant. Each of us suffers in our own unique way, and this loss, the loss of a child, is the most painfull loss of all.

Others will try and offer you advice. Their advice, tho from the heart, simply offers no cure for the pain. Your body and mind will tell you what it needs. If you need advice or counseling, then seek it. If you need help, ask for it. If you just need to be left alone, then dont be afraid to tell the whole world to F.O.... Listen to your body. Take it one step at a time. You are in my prayers and thoughts. God bless :(

10. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

JD,

Please know that I am lifting you and your family up in prayers. As much as my heart is breaking for you, I am being lifted up by your faithfulness and obedience to God.

As others have offered I will too: If you need someone to talk to or even yell at if necessary, shoot me a PM and we can work on connecting.

Hang in there brother...

Steve

11. Hang in there and remember the good times. Nothing I can say will take away the pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

12. Rustridden31

Rustridden31
    from Denver, CO

Thanks for letting us know. Just know that a lot of prayers are going up for you and your family.

13. Mac_55

Mac_55

My Heart and Prayers go out to you and yours. No words can be spoken to heal the hurt. We can only pray that God can ease your suffering.

14. *A.J.*

*A.J.*

You are in my families prayers. Sorry for your loss.

15. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

JD, so sorry for your loss...my sister (27) passed one month ago yesterday so the feelings you have are fresh in my mind. I'll pray for strength for you and the family and that the good memories fill your thoughts. I know what you're going through, wondering how to take the next breath, the next step...you can and will. Please keep us posted.

16. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

My little lad is 11 and been my best friend ever since his personality came shining through - I cannot come close to imagining the pain of your loss but would still like to offer you my sincere condolences

17. So sorry for your loss - can't imagine the pain of losing a child.

You and yours are in my prayers.

Steve

18. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

OH man, sorry to hear about your loss. God bless.

19. swbatt

swbatt

So sorry to hear this news. May God Bless and keep you, your son, and your entire family. Praying for you now brother.

20. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

JD, Really sorry to hear this news. Prayers from Indiana. God Speed to your son.

21. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

35 is far too young. I'm sorry. My thoughts are with you.

22. ganga

ganga

I can't imagine the pain or the loss.....my prayers are with you and your family.

23. harmless

harmless

Sorry for you loss, hang on to the good memories. We're not suppose to out live our children. I watched my Dad go though that when my sister passed at 44 years young (his first offspring). He was devastated by it and couldn't even think about the good times, just the loss, don't let this happen to you.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

24. art.resi

art.resi

God bless you. I am so sad for you.

25. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

My son and I share the same hobbies and comradery, I can't imagine losing him. My prayers are with you and your family!

26. Sorry for your loss.
    My condolences to you and your family.
    Steve

27. RichG

RichG

Ah man, I'm so sorry, but it sounds like you had a good relationship with your boy, that's all any of us can ask for. I hope I can be that good of a Dad to my boy when he gets older.

God bless and keep and protect you and yours,
    Rich

28. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm really sorry to hear that. I have two sons and couldn't imagine losing one, or both, of them. Thoughts and Prayers are with you.

29. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

sorry to hear it boss, best wishes and prayers are with you.

30. hep1966

hep1966

Sorry for your loss.