Register now to get rid of these ads!

visiting Pamona/Ontario Ca. area this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by groundpounder, Oct 7, 2010.

1. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

Hey guys! Flyin' in this weekend for cup race..be there sat, 9 a.m. I'm interested if there is any hot rod shops open on sat? Would like to visit and or purchase parts! Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Where in the heck is Pamona? (I've lived in California since '63, and I've never heard of it!)

... and where the heck is Maaresville, North Carolina? :D

All joking aside, I suggest you visit the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum @ the Pomona Fairplex.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  3. Johnny  B

Johnny B

so cal speed shop is in pomona you can check that out... if your looking for some nostagia and history head over to the broiler in downey sat night for a great meal... theres always a few gearheads there on sat. night...

4. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

Sorry about the spelling! I took automotive shop back in high school...didn't think I needed typing and english class. Lol thanks for the pointers see ya at the broiler!

5. Scott

Scott

Pomona Swap meet this weekend

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

The Early Ford Store in San Dimas... about ten minutes from Pomona...

7. Weasel

Weasel

8. If you'll be here Sunday, come out to the Pomona swap meet. Largest swap on the west coast. Hundrerds of cars to check out.

9. username

username

Pamona Swap Vets-

Are there generally any Vendors at Pamona that sell the Plastic SBC Engines used for mock up?

If anyone has one for sale or finds one I will be happy to pay a finders fee. I am in San Diego & Pamona is a little out of the area.

Eric 619-322-2500
    username-HAMB

10. Pamona Ontario Ca? I didnt know we had a Pamona in Ontario, Canada.
    Don

11. bedrock

bedrock
    from Alberta

Ontario CA is right beside Pomona