Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 rear crossmember

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Jan 14, 2011.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Anyone got some shots of a flattened 32 rear crossmember? I'm kicking around doing that but I don't want to remove the crossmember as I like the stock rivets. This gennie stuff sure takes more time than one of my repro chassis!

2. loogy

loogy

3. thisbugger

thisbugger

4. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

i`ve thought about using a `33-`34 cross member in a `32. it`s flatter,but it will still require some fabrication.

5. there is a thread where a very young guy 19 yrs old i think that is either in a school like wyotech or just out who grafted half (middle section) of a model a rear arch crossmember onto the outer sections of the orginal 32 crossmember. i know ive seen this done acouple times but i cant not remember the names of the threads so hopfully this will spark somone elses memory.

(edit)
    found one http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542263

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Gary, Ionia Rod shop did an article for Rod and Custom that was done correctly. I think you do it in the chassis but not sure. Call Matt and I am sure he will help you.