Register now to get rid of these ads!

Look what I found by the road today, thanks Ryan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr48chev, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was out beating the mailbox back into shape after the snow plow had beat it up again and looked down over in the bar ditch and saw what looked like a Christmas card. I climbed down the bank and found:
    [​IMG]
    which had
    [​IMG]
    inside covered with ice
    It cleaned up well though
    [​IMG]

Thanks Ryan, this will find a proper home on the 48 when it goes back together.

2. SniffnPaint

SniffnPaint

I had a similar thing happen but after 10 minutes of chasing the mail in the snow there were only bills. :(

3. 454navyss

454navyss

it wouldnt have been cool to loose that

4. That's cool you found it.

5. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I like the new tags ......................

6. ask the mail man to slow down after hitting the box ..again.... seems there is a movie with a gnarly mail delivery guy ????

7. aaggie

aaggie

Funny Farm, loved the mail man speeding by and throwing the mail in the general direction of the box.

8. 48ford

48ford

Thats a good looking tag.
    I don't want to hijack your post ,but I have the same problem with mail box vs plows.
    Were creative on this board,Why can't we think of a way to make a break a way mail box post that we can just sit back up?
    Later Russ

9. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Thats a neat tag, Wonder how you get one?

10. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

12. Carter

Carter

My buddy has one that swivels. It is a piece of round tube in the ground and a smaller piece of round tube inside that has a 90 at the top.
    It will swing out of the way if hit.

13. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine does exactly that. It was 45 degrees to the road when I got home the other day. I've got the shell from an old hot water heater that may become my new mailbox and a bit of Mig welding practice in the process. My mom's mailbox hangs on chains and he knocked it clear around the bar it hangs from.

14. historynw

historynw

Mine came yesterday it made the mailbox even with the snow....now if I can just find my newspaper before spring.

15. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

I call my alliance membership my New Year present to myself.

16. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Lets see the build thread on that puzzle of yours!:D

17. After our church's mailbox got knocked off a few times, 'ol Bill Davey built a mailbox that will stop anything that hits it. 4x4 square steel post set in about 3 feet of concrete. Bill made an enclosure out of 1/2" steel plate formed to fit over a regulation large size mailbox. The mailbox enclosure is welded to the 4x4 post. Bill is a really good welder. We haven't had a mailbox knocked off since 1989.

18. I'm a retired mailman and i love that guy. He was ahead of his time. The new postal management doesn't want you to slow down for anything.

19. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

I had a cummins crankshaft for a mail box post for a few years.
    Until a neighbor was sued over a car accident. Young girl hit his cement mail box and was hurt badly....she sued and got 850K out of it.....I guess something about mailboxs they are supposed to break off. Mayb e somebody that works for the post office or a cop can explain.
    I asked my insurance agent and he said i was liable if somebody got hurt....so down it came.

20. As far as i know the po has a height requirement and placement from the side of the road(so the driver doesn't have to leave the seat) That's all i had to deal with. But with the right lawyer it really doesn't mater if the box is in code or not and you don't have to be responsible for your own actions.

21. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Hey...The name on the envelope(?) Robert Davison is the
    same as my nephew. He lives in Texas.
    Was that addressed to him and you received it in Yakima Valley, WA. ???
    What's up with that ?