Register now to get rid of these ads!

pomona swapmeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by o2bdone, Jan 14, 2011.

1. First time i got the car running right so pomona here i come.Who else is planning on going?

2. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Im on the fence. Ive never been to this one. Im in Nor Cal. So the time off other projects, room rental, Gas etc it has to be a good event. I go to the Roadsters swap every other year. That one to me is good but hit and miss. Is this one better? Hopefully way better.

3. cant say its better cause i have never been 2 the roadster swap but i have a good time when i go

4. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Is there a huge amount of sellers?

5. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I have been to the Pomona swap meet twice, it is HUGE! I met a guy there that came to Oklahoma and bought all my Schwinn crate bicycles I had still in the factory crates

6. lino

lino

It's big. Get there early and wear comfortable shoes cause you will be hoofing it-

7. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

I guess your saying its worth it and a must see. I saw there was a ton of VW stuff and Porsche too. Cool but not my bag. Vintage drag goodies and the like gets my blood flowing.

8. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

I wouldn't say it's worth an exclusive drive all the way from Northern California. The swap happens every month.

9. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

A lot of commercial vendors and a huge amount of cars for sale. The swap meet area is the smallest part. To walk the whole thing is 14 miles. I may be there selling a car.

10. McFly

McFly

Roadster swap is 100x better. Save your gas.

11. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

I will be there. Never miss it.

12. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

big place, big meet, not always full of traditional-type stuff. good car corral(s). as previously cited - be prepared to walk all day...good shoes, good socks, good water.

dj

13. I try not to miss it love hanging out and seeing all there parts and cars but to do both in one day is hard.I try to make it a family thing i take my two boys 6 and 2 so it makes it much harder but lots of fun thanks god my wife was brought up understanding the whole car addiction her dad is a car guy.well hope 2 see some of u there

14. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I figured its worth mentioning that it seems like they're doing less meets this year and in the future.(Not sure why)
    They are not going to do the March meet anymore, so the next one after this Sunday's meet isn't till April,17th!
    http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/future_events.php
    So, considering that and the fact that its our first semi-warm weekend in months, I bet it would be a good turnout and actually worth going for once... I got a garage full of stuff I need to sell, so if I could get a spot, i'll be there..

15. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Car corral is great.
    Swap------- not as good as it used to be.
    Lots of venders selling die cast shit, non car shit, new China made tools, New rubber band tires & uglyass wheels, venders selling shit that should have gone in the trash, venders not interested in pricing anything to sell, overpriced restored plates that might be clear, and if you are lucky- you will find something worth buying after walking 50 rows of junk.
    Lately- I have spent all day there & came home empty handed. :(

16. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Tell me about it. I haven't been it two years. I'm strictly a Long Beach PX shopper now.

17. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Me too. More race stuff, more car stuff, less shit stuff.

Last time I went to Pomona (4-5 months ago) a vender brought out all his plastic tubs full of parts. He sat them out there & parked himself in a chair w// his cooler of beers & passed out. The tubs were all full of misc aluminum parts. All the bins has several inches of water in them & all the stuff was now junk. WTF?

Another thing these venders do is lay shit out & no prices on anything. Then they disappear for hours & their wife or GF can never get them on their phone to find out how much something is.

18. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

I think i may save myself the 500.00 or so it'll cost me to make the drive, stay and eat, and work on the car.

What is the Long Beach meet? Ive never been....speed parts?

19. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

20. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

The Pomona Swap meet is gigantic,
    if you're going down, get a room at a local hotel,
    so you can take a break and come back,
    it is automobilia overload

21. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Long Beach is a smaller meet, supposed to be speed related parts only,
    but, there is all sorts of stuff there, its by the Long Beach airport.
    maybe its changed I went last in 89..

22. pomona swapmeet and its going 2 b some great weather looking forward 2 it

23. had a great time lots of cars and great weather anyone have any pics

24. Car ran great no over heating no leaking and lots of power even took her on the freeway and she did great hell of a way 2 end the weekend

25. BubbaC

BubbaC
    from FLA

I came all the way for Florida to check out the rides at Pomona Swap. Super cool!!! One Question, There was a 38 chevy 5 window, slammed, flat black with red pearl painted fenders. Does anyone know how to get in touch with the owner of this car? Wish i know how to post a pic!