Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help identifying.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -[Badger]-, Jan 5, 2011.

1. -[Badger]-

-[Badger]-
    from Earth

Hey. I need some help Identifying this car. I found this on a local Wreckers page and need a bit of confirmation for people who would know more about these things than I, like you. I think its a 33 Chrys, but I'm not sure and thats why I am here. The Car is on the Skid on the Right Side.

http://www.kustomking.net/Cars of the yard/102-0289_IMG.JPG

Thanx For your Help.

2. I think you're right about it being a Mopar, what's the deal on the Lavender one in the back of it?

3. -[Badger]-

-[Badger]-
    from Earth

IDK I was looking more at the front one. But at a closer look I wouldnt mind getting my hands either of the 3 in the pic. Im gonna go talk the guy as soon as I get my Garage finished. The Front one, judging from the pic, would be almost perfect for a Rat Rod.

4. BISHOP

BISHOP

Oh great. Here we go.

5. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

yeah it would make a nice HOT ROD

6. Rat Rod=Bad juju

7. flamed34

flamed34

Man, that seems like a set up.

Some good stuff at this place...look at the pic info and it's from a place called Kustom King in Alberta...maybe we can send a bunch of Hambers to buy up the inventory...

8. Clark

Clark

I would guess 31 Chrysler. It has the twin cowl vents. There is a 31/32 Chrysler grill sitting on the sedan behind it. 32 Chrysler had a split V'ed windshield.

The lavender car behind it looks like a 33-34 Plymouth 5 window coupe with the back window painted over.
    Clark

9. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

oh my god. i need to know where this stash is....... perfect for a rat rod? who is this fool and when can slap the stupid out of him.

10. "perfect for a rat rod"..Wouldn't a rusted up wheelbarrow with a tractor grille qualify for that?

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Where is this place as I would like to have the 39 plymouths or the red f100.

12. Jim Marlett

Jim Marlett

Following the URL trail on the picture:

http://www.kustomking.net/

13. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

----------------
    Yeah, precisely...but please ....don't give them
    any more ideas. It only encourages them.:eek::eek:

Mart3406
    ======================

14. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Good grief, outta that stash how could you choose just ONE?!

15. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

Canada.... aahhhhhhh damn it. no wonder all that stuff is still there. trying to get untitled cars across the border is next to impossible, and those Canadians are too busy watching trailer park boys to build em lol.

so which one of you canucks wants to buy some of these cars and then take it apart and ship them 3 windows piece by piece? ya eh?!

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It gets monotonous the number of newbies that join up without reading the rules. Seriously these idiots need some sorting out and for the love of god someone PLEASE get these cars before a (I cant even say it) rodent rodder gets there mitts on them.
    In a perfect world we could just shoot these fools.

Doc.

17. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

-----------------
    You got that right. Unfortunately, it's not a
    'perfect world'...but that doesn't mean we
    shouldn't at least strive for perfection!!!:D:D

Mart3406
    ==================

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

1932 Plymouth Coupe.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  19. Damn I shouldn't have looked at that pic without my adult diapers.

I'm going with Chrysler also. I thought for a second Essix but I dug my Essix book out ad decided against that.

Lots of bitchin stuff in that pic.

20. filthy frank

filthy frank

i had two of these , 31 chrysler cm

Attached Files:

21. Dave7

Dave7
    from Canada

I wonder how reasonable their prices are ... not listed ...

Northern Alberta has some fantastic caches of cars. A huge yard next to the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin full of old rusty cars and agricultural equipment. I believe they are not a part of the museum but are for sale. Again no idea on prices.

small sample - you can see more at the bottom of the set here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveseven/sets/72157605288649274/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

judging by how many there are i bet they want top dollar.

23. -[Badger]-

-[Badger]-
    from Earth

I was lookin at the Reynolds lot and I couldnt find anything I liked.
    As for the Rat comment. Im sorry if i touched on a few nerves, its not my intention in making a rat. I guess what I meant was that the patina on that one on the skid would be well suited for a clear coat, set it on a frame, drop a V8 in there and you could have a quick and dirty Rat. Just an idea. Im really looking for a quick small project as I dont have a Garage to park anything in that I could take 3-5 years to rebuild. Not that If I were to pick it up and drop it on a frame with an engine and clear the patina, that it would be a rat, cuz there is no way I'd use a wheel barrel as a trunk lid, and hub caps for a roof, with a tractor grill. that'd be absurd. but more of an unfinished hot rod; until I was able to get parts and focus on it in my garage.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  24. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

The cars at Reynolds are dissapearing fast, they are cheap and I have bought quite a few myself.

25. louie the fly

louie the fly

That's a bit of a dumb-arse comment. But then again, there's some pretty self righteous people on here at times. The amount of people I've spoken to that are new to rods & customs that think a traditional styled car is a rat rod (because they don't know any better) is amazing. Rather than bag the shit out of them and have them thinking we're ALL wankers, lets educate them and help them foster the hobby. Mate, I get sick of this crap!

Still, some of that tin looks in pretty nice nick. Yep, there's a nice amount of MOPAR there. 39/40, a few 37 Dodges I think, and the purple one does look like a 33/34. Beaudifullllll!

26. -[Badger]-

-[Badger]-
    from Earth

27. wouldnt call it a r*t rod just a slightly misguided attempt at a 60s show rod (a fair bit of billet going on). but the overall feel of the cars pretty good. just need to replace the disc brakes with a set of buick drums or maybe kinmonts an stick on a real set of halis an you wont be far off

28. louie the fly

louie the fly

Hey man, that's OK. But it is right to do an intro on the New To The HAMB page first. I'll grant them that much.

I'd say the car in that link is a bit harder to classify as it seems to be a mix of a few styles. It's probably a credit card car more than anything else but hey, the owner obviously likes it. But definitely not an RR, and definitely not a HAMB car either. Do a quick google search and compare a POS rat rod to a traditional style rod (or search the picture threads on here for some great examples of the latter) and you'll be amazed at the differences. It will also help you decide where the car you want to build fits in (and which forums you & you're car are welcome at). In Australia quite a few of the so called RR's are actually nicely built cars that fit into a certain genre. Sometimes I think "our" idea of an RR is different to those north of the equator as they don't seem to be as dissed on down here. Just my humble opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...

Stay cool

[​IMG]

29. right on louie i was at a show on the weekend an overheard someone call aboned's coupe a rat rod, guess our "traditional" is a little differnt to theirs

30. -[Badger]-

-[Badger]-
    from Earth

Most of the guys that get offended at the "rat rod" are those who figure that a Rat is a Rod built from anything and everything, when in reality its the Bare minimum of a rod.
    1. It has to look cool
    2. It has to go fast
    3. It has to sound fast
    Just cuz Someones idea of cool is a nice patina rather than a high end polished show paint, and a vintage Seat recovered from 38' farm truck as opposed to a reproduction or stock seat, doesnt make that rod less of a rod, just cuz its a Rat.