Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Chrysler Hemi guys - CAD file for Intake flange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jan 12, 2011.

1. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey everyone! I need a little help. I could really use a CAD file for intake manifold flanges for Early Chrysler Hemi (or Poly) engines. Should be pretty much the same for 331, 354, and 392 V8'. Truck/Marine/Industrial heads were slightly different at the middle of the head where the steam port is, but that's no big deal.

A SolidWorks part file would be REALLY nice, but any format of generic solid model (IGS, STEP, Parasolid, etc.) would probably work. AutoCAD or any other DWG or DXF file is probably okay too.

OR! If someone has actual dimensions from the mounting face of the head showing mounting bolt locations, water ports, and intake runners, that would be great too!

I have drawn this flange over and over, based on measurements I've taken off of 331 Truck heads and plotted it full scale and still can't seem to get it right. So I'm throwing in the towel. Please let me know what you have.

Thanks guys!
    S

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. Andy

Andy

I think I have one for a Red Ram. The problem is how do you do the ports. The Red Ram ports angles quite a bit so I left material so I could angle them to line up with the ports. The other question is do you stick the runner tube in the flange port like a header or weld it around the outside. The Chrysler is another problem in that the runners are so close to the bolt holes, tubes should be used for the bolts. I could draw it up but I got rid of all the Chrysler stuff.

4. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

If nothing else comes up I could take a 354 head or intake in to work some time and scan it on the CMM I run and make a SW file from it.

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah, it SUCKS how close the mounting hardware has to be to the runners...

I would hate for anyone to have to scan anything. I'll just spend more time trying to get everything to work out before I would have someone scan. I'm super close now, but JUST off enough and it's frustrating.

BTTT for anyone who might have accurate dimensions or a CAD file.

Thanks guys!

6. George

George

Could an intake gasket be used?

7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Works as well as using the actual head (which is what I've been doing).

I think I'm just going to have to get back on it and make the file work that I made.

Thanks guys!

8. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

I have a drawing on 331/354/392 intake manifold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have it solidworks and i can convert it to other formats if you want it.

pm me and give your e-mail so will i send it over

/Stefan

9. mikew

mikew

Not trying to hijack, but does anyone has a CAD file for exhaust flanges as well? I'm doing a 330 Desoto.

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great! PM sent! Thank you!

11. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

PM me with your email adress
    i have that too

12. I got a Poly intake gasket hangin' on the wall I'll make you one up this evening. 3/8" or 1/2 " thick?
    You want a solid model or a blue print? or both.

13. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PnB'r! Thanks! Stefan, above, got me hooked up with the files. Thanks for the offer! I appreciate it!

Love this place! You guys never stop amazing me!

14. djmartins

djmartins

I could use the Desoto files too!
    Have a 330 and 276....

thanks,
    DJ

15. Not a problem. Its a lot less work than a chassis about a 10 minute job.

Glad your hooked up.

16. 73RR

73RR

WOW!!

Nothing better than helping a brother.

17. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

I have made the exhaust flange to 331/354/392

[​IMG]

It have both chryser and Hot Heads flange

/Stefan

18. deucegasser

deucegasser

Thanks a lot,Stefan, I was needing the exhaust for my 354 zoomies!!!!!!

19. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

The intake flanges maybe made with 1.5 mm offset around the intake holes

20. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

21. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

22. im pretty sure you have to submit them to paul.

23. 73RR

73RR

Hey Scooter, maybe you should link this thread to the Tech section...

24. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Not to hijack, but does anyone have a Hemi 241 chamber and valves/guides on a CAD file?

25. Dzuari

Dzuari
    from Muncie, IN

I can't help you guys on the CAD file but i figured i'd might be able to help you guys in another way by saving yourselves a lot of time in self machining and wind up being off by a hair.

I work for a aluminum foundry in Muncie, IN, we use a 3D printer for prototyping new parts, printing masters, and creating patterns for molding. We also print a lot of prototype parts for our customers, and small hard to find parts for anyone who needs them at a very competitive price.

What it allows them to do is have a part they can have in hand quickly, usually printed and shipped within 1-2 days, and have it as accurate of ±0.001 tolerance to the CAD drawing and prints threadings and all. If its wrong then we just make a change to the drawing instead of wasting all that time trying to cast or machine the same thing out of metal.

If anyone is interested i can go into a lot more detail on how it all works. Our printer prints from reading .stl files so if anyone has a CAD file that can be converted to .stl it can be sent straight to the printer no work need, unless there is a size issue.

Also, depending on the complexity of the part, we can usually produce a aluminum casting from the printed part without any additional tooling.

26. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Garen, I'm familiar with what you do. I had a head done that way on the FlatCad.

When I get a little further along with this head, I'd love to have you do this for me.

27. Dzuari

Dzuari
    from Muncie, IN

With heads (Im guessing 241 hemi?:) we will have to do a little design work to it because our printer only prints 10x10x12, so we have to cut up big objects, add some kind of joints or locks and print them separately, unless the customer feels capable of doing so. Then we assemble the part, glue it, sand it down and finish it. If you have any questions though u can contact me at any time at [email protected]

28. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

No worries- to start, I'll do on cylinder at a time, until issies are resolved!

29. Nuvolari

Nuvolari
    from Italy

I want to DXF intake and exhaust the 354 hemi.
    how? thanks