Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Green Hornet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GrizzGang, Jan 13, 2011.

1. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

I got to watch a prescreening of The Green Hornet last night. It was actually pretty good,lots of action and the 3D was awesome. Who would of thought the Chrysler Imperial could make such a cool hot rod.

2. I did. Those are sweet. look forward to seeing that movie.

3. Looking forward to seeing it....NOT looking forward to hearing all the whining about how many Chrysler's get destroyed...

4. Deuces

Deuces

Like '68-'69 Dodge Charger R/T's??? :mad:

5. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

looking forward to the movie
    i just watched the marathon a few days ago on sci -fi

6. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

Looked like they tore up less than a half a dozen. They didn't even try to make you think they were tearing up the same cars. GH had backups

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Just movie cars anyway. Probably junkers held together with bondo and chicken wire for the most part. They just need to look good, don't have to actually be good.

8. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

That was great,huh?
    Really campy,but fun.
    Bruce Lee looked like he was making full contact with some of those guys?

9. boltupal

boltupal
    from western ny

They were showing all the T.V. shows back to back. I have two of those old imperials out back.

10. K10

K10

There was a promo piece on TV recently regarding the Imperials used in the movie. (Maybe on the Powerblock?) The builder said that they replaced all the engines with Chevy 502's. New GM rear axles and front ends.( I think they said they were 4/all wheel drive! New drive axles up front too.) They said that they used 19 cars. When asked how many were destroyed, he said "pretty much all of them."

11. Deuces

Deuces

What a waste... :(

12. I think I read that they used something like 25 of them to make the movie. I doubt that there is one left to make a cool hot rod out of.

13. Hey hey...I thought Imperials were cool before the movie!!
    Shameless plug: It's for sale in the Classifieds!!! Build your own black beauty! or trade for a '55 Chevy 2 dr post project
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Gigantor

Gigantor

Don't remind me. Every time I see that happen on screen, I know that just makes it that much less likely I will ever own one.:(

15. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Does anyone know what kind of wheels the tv car had---not the wretched movie version which will suck.

2) Also 2 guys living together.........did Britt have a girlfriend.......and where did they get all the money for this? Not entirely realistic.

P.S. i know he had the newspaper, but he has to draw a salary, then he has to pay Kato a salary too. So how would you show this on the books?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  16. btbowtie

btbowtie
    from KY

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the original car. Have no ideal about the wheels.[​IMG][​IMG]

17. big creep

big creep

wow i might get a nose bleed from it being so high!

18. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Sunday afternoon! Can't wait!

19. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i saw the car on a hauler here in tulsa last summer..its looked pretty good..

20. Squablow

Squablow

I hope the movie is good, good enough at least to make Imperials too valuable to turn into demolition derby cars, which is what it seems so many of them become.

Just like Christine and the Dukes of Hazzard, the cars sacrificed to make the movie/TV show were worth it when you consider how many of those cars got restored and became collectors items after the popularity of the movie/show.

I've got a couple of '55 Chevy 2 door hardtops I'd trade for that but they're both rough and you're a long distance away. If you feel like making a road trip for a couple of rough '55 projects let me know.

21. Gator

Gator

Already been a couple threads regarding that shut down.

22. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

:mad:

23. T Achilli

T Achilli
    from walworth

Love those c bodys got me a 66 polara

24. WagonKiller

WagonKiller
    BANNED

I always knew they were cool!I drove this one for 12-13 yrs.

[​IMG]

25. RoryShock

RoryShock
    from Western TN

Stories have it that Lee was great at performing martial arts but didn't really know how to make it just look read - he had put several stunt men in the hospital while learning that.

The car, Black Beauty, if what I had heard was true, was left to rot for quite some time after the TV series ended in the '60's. It wasn't until the '90's someone was interested in restoring it and it was brought back to life.

26. flynstone

flynstone

in the new movie the main car was state of the art 4 wheel disc brakes trick motor total badd ass ill see if i still have the pics taken out side of the stage

27. frank spittle

frank spittle

I received an email this week from the guy who owns one of the original TV cars that he will reunite it with Dean Jeffries at Amelia Island in March. He said it will be the first time Jeffries has seen the car in 40 years.

28. flynstone

flynstone

here are a few outside the stage ....sorry shitty cell phone pics one pic is on stage but i had to click it quick so its blurry ......its supposed to be at the newspaper printing machine

Attached Files:

29. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not really a hot rod but a seriously cool custom. I though that the first time I saw the GH in the 60's.

30. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

They used something like 8 cars in the movie.....not 60 like the dukes of hazzard