Register now to get rid of these ads!

buried or submerged finds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crotex, Jan 11, 2011.

1. forgot.. another story.. theres a town in az called jerome.. on a very steep hill.. the town is only about 4 sq miles but.. its full of mines, and holes filled in with cars.. including a complete ore train, that still sits in the shaft it used to run. a mine shaft filled with old cars and any thing else you can think of. and dozens of cars that either tumbled off the road and down the mountain, or on purpose... its nuts.. a car guy could explore for a month.. and no.. the mine owners will not let you see the train.. nor the largest sub terrain room for the locomotives to turn around in.

2. bakes

bakes
    from albany NY

Apparently and on good authority there was an area where at least one Model T and an old modified stock car or two were used for fill in my hometown of Owego NY.

3. untitledb.jpg untitled ab.jpg

Here is the before and after of the previously mentioned time capsule car. Worlds lowest mile rust bucket.

4. ddpecka348

ddpecka348

Here in Nebraska in the town of Seward they made a time capsole *sp in 1976 my dad was telling me and they made it so it was controlled heat and cold. But he said they put a brand new 76' Vega in it but not sure if it was a Cosworth.

5. I can't remember exactly what this is....

Attached Files:

6. alsancle

alsancle

7. Joe-405

Joe-405
    from Oklahoma

Whats funny is that they said it was "completely" sealed. Yeah whatever. Then the idiots buried a plymouth prowler and stuck it in the same hole supposedly more sealed than the last one.

8. jreeder41

jreeder41

Any more info or story to this one?

9. MJ40...your friend is a true 'antique archaeologist'!!! :)

10. Deuces

Deuces

Ya gonna need a very small pick axe and a couple of brushes.. :cool: Damn, that looks like a lot of work.. :eek:

11. 117harv

117harv

Anyone have a shovel?

Attached Files:

12. Griznant

Griznant

I don't know if this link will work or not, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Up in Michigan's U.P. following the copper mining rush that took place from the mid-1800s through the 1960s they sunk hundreds of mine shafts. Many are still open and strewn throughout the woods. Others have been "capped". This picture is of one that was capped by throwing cars down the shaft until they stuck and then piling a shitload of poor rock on top. I think there is an Olds in there. The pipe in the photo is the vent for the shaft. This shaft is several thousand feet deep. No exaggeration!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jfactor1/1296188927/in/set-72157603212674281/#/

13. TexasDart

TexasDart

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  14. SlamIam

SlamIam

15. montclaire

montclaire

What type of engine? Steam? Electric? Diesel?

16. sport fury

sport fury

this photo almost looks like a toy car that had been left for several years in a garden. the leaves look out of scale. there is a plant that looks like a newly sprouted fern. that to could be out of scale. the detail in the cars sheet metal is very realistic. awesome photo what ever it is.

17. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516369

just my crappy phone cam :D

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I remember that! Whatever happened to it?

19. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

He is gettin himself a fkin truck

20. 1928Fordman

1928Fordman

Some stuff my Dad and I found in Kansas. We are going back to get the 30-31 Pickup Cab in the summer.

413.JPG 414.JPG 415.JPG 416.JPG 417.JPG 418.JPG 419.JPG 420.JPG 421.JPG

21. Found a buried A coupe but everything below ground was rotten.....

[​IMG]

22. threeston

threeston

heres one I found this summer, It might be savable, it might not.

[​IMG]
    can't see it? ohh let me zoom that up a little.

[​IMG]
    see it now?

can anyone identify this old thing? A pickup of some kind I believe.

23. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

looks like an AD chev.

24. I sure as hell do! Where in Medford is it? My Dad lives in White City and I go down there often..

25. sport fury

sport fury

what ever happen to these cars? this is one of my favorite hamb threads. i wish it would have kept going

26. Do these photos of me digging up my 1931 Dodge Brothers engine count??? I had to remove the garage debris, locate the engine and then dig, but I recovered it and it is back in my coupe.....

Attached Files:

27. sport fury

sport fury

why was it buried?

28. haychrishay

haychrishay

A friend of mine told me about some of the cars the they used to put in the creek bed to keep it from washing out. Here is one I cant find the other pics

Attached Files:

• 243.jpg
      243.jpg
      File size:
      295.7 KB
      Views:
  29. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

Back in 1996 my father dug a 41 Ford Oil Bulk Truck and a separate 41 ford Cab out of an abandoned dump site somewhere out past Faith SD. We got all the dirt and Mud off everything and the Bulk Truck still fired right up my dad ended up selling it for 15,000. He went back out there and found the other frame for the other 41 ford pickup cab and it is still mint today!! Brother has it.

30. txturbo

txturbo

I found a gold mine when I was about 13. We were staying in an RV park for a few months while my dad was working in Colorado. One day I was sitting under a tree kinda bored and I noticed a hole in this little bank of dirt near the tree....I looked in and saw something shiny....grabbed a flashlight and I was looking at the dash of a car. Didn't know what kind it was till a few years later when I saw a model A dash up close for the first time.After that find I found more holes where dirt had fallen away and there were always cars inside. Im pretty sure an old junk yard was covered over to build the RV park.