Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Attention UPS account holders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SinastirSpeedShop, Jan 11, 2011.

1. I know some of you have UPS accounts for your business. Be careful what you do with your old documents. I closed my account back in April 2010 and got rid of my documents. So I though it was over. Well last night I got an invoice for 245.00. I called and ask what are these charges were from since my account was closed since April. Well some how someone got my documents off line and been using the account to send stuff all over the world... And even with the account closed they allowed the packages to be shipped and billed me (because the document had my account number embedded in them)... So about 2 hours on the phone I had all the charges removed.

Just a heads up..

2. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Its a good heads up, this is why I have a paper shredder AND a burn barrel.

3. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

I avoid using UPS like the plague. If you want something lost, smashed or broken use UPS. Poor service and excessive delivery times as well. Believe it or not the U.S. postal system the best way to ship.

5. 5window

5window

+
    We have been over this sooo many times. UPS delivers almost all the shipments to our vet hospital, on time, cheerfully and intact. Our FedEx man is a real pismire and the USPS just took 12 days to deliver a Priority Mail package to me from Iowa-with no apologies.

I think we should just all agree to skip the discussion of who is the best shipper and free up some HAMB space.

6. 5 window I understand I just wanted to give a heads up..