Register now to get rid of these ads!

cant keep it quiet any longer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smittystoys, Dec 17, 2010.

1. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good god, Monte!! You say we haven't even seen your cars yet? Your dad's collection is killer. Let's see yours!!!
    Guess smittysspeed29 is your son?
    Thanks guys, and congrats!!

2. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh yeah, those new wheels and tires are a definite improvement. It's nice to see hot rod history like this come back to light, especially those in such good condition. Great finds, both of them.

3. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

OMG! What a great score. Congrats.:cool:

4. smittystoys

smittystoys

Dad put the salt flats on the 40, he has a set of halibrands he has coming ,that he is going to try to, we are going to change em out between the model a and the 40 ..W'ere going to lower the model a somemore in the back, also took all the lettering off today there both starting to take shape.thanks Montie..

5. racemad55

racemad55

Did Dean Lowe see this?

6. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Great find ,congratulations.It would be interesting to see the model standing next to the 40 now,,if she is still around.

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Man that is so cool!!! I love me survivors!

8. krw854

krw854

hello, first post... sometime around 1973 i answered a classified ad for wheels for sale in OKC. the guy opened the garage door and there sat the 40. i think it was already black. i remembered the headlights and the edsel grill, and the vette tails. he was selling the halibrand wheels and tires. i think he had new cragars and thin whitewalls on it. i bought the rear set (could not afford the skinnys). had them on my car forever, i sold them in the early 80s to a worker at Par Automotive. i have always wondered what happened to this car, really cool.

9. krw854

krw854

sorry for the crappy 38 year old pics

Attached Files:

10. smittystoys

smittystoys

Cool cant wait to tell dad tomarrow . It is amazing to find out different things that happend to the car through the years. thanks a lot for the information. We just got the halibrand front wheels today as soon as we try them we will post some more pictures.. thanks ....Montie

11. Looks like you're going to be to busy for this truck so I'll take it off your hands!!!

Great score... I couldn't keep this score quiet either!

12. Frank

Frank

The 40 reminds me of what they used to say about Barbara Striesand. "She's beautiful, but that NOSE!"

13. Looks awesome. How does the "Real Rodders" look ? Your Pop sais they were awesome !:rolleyes:

14. smittystoys

smittystoys

We got the 40 running this week had to do some rewiring and rebuild the brakes... all with the help of a good friend Jonnie Alaniz . It runs pretty good considering how long its been sitting.Ive got it at my shop now im going to put the exhaust on it monday .We are trying to get it ready for the roundup. My dad and son brought home a 50 merc today lowered wide whites caddilac sombreros louvers spotlights flattie powered will try to get my son to post some picts tomorrow thanks Montie....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011