Register now to get rid of these ads!

Went to Montana again today, bought my first 32 Ford, and FOREVER changed my life!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jan 9, 2011.

1. I have this problem. I ALWAYS look at websites like Ebay or Craigslist...even though I'm not ever looking for anything. A few days ago I was on Ebay and spotted this pieced together 34 pickup. The guy advertised it as a 34 pickup, but right off the bat I saw it was a 32 cab. The pics were crummy, the truck was covered in snow and you could not really see much. But it was cheap so I watched it. It said the frame was good and I could use a 33/34 frame and figued I could part out the rest so I put a bid on it right before it ended and no one else bid. I went to get it today, Taking my girlfriend Jamie and Lucy the hound.
    This truck was in Montana, just above Missoula. I get there and just about flipped. First thing I saw was it had a 18" high clearance wheel on it! In the pics on Ebay you could not really tell as it was covered in snow, and the ad just said "has 4 16" wire wheels.". The 4th wire wheel was in the bed of the truck when I got there ;) I asked if the guy had any more of the 18's, and he said no...didn't have any idea what kind of wheel it was, either. I looked it over, the frame was super nice, also has a nice 32 heavy axle, 33/34 wishbone, 34 rearend, butchered 32 firewall and lots of other great parts. I got it loaded, and the guy said "oh yeah, I almost forgot, I have a title too."

So, it ended up being WAAAAAAY better then I thought, which is always good :D

So, I guess I can say this is the first 32 Ford I have ever owned. Heres the best part though. Jamie LOVES Montana. It is friggin beautiful over there. Well, I figured beings we were there I would find a good spot along the river and ask Jamie to be my wife. She said YES so I was SUPER stoked! I know, I know...pickin up junk cars is not the most romantic thing...but it worked out perfect as Jamie loves taking pictures of rivers and it just seemed "right". Just me, Jamie, Lucy the hound and a view to die for (as long as you wern't looking at the truck :))

Anyways, so heres the pics of the shit heap, if anyone needs parts PM me :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dunno what they put on the roads in Monatana, but it is NASTY!

[​IMG]

And finally, the spot at which I popped the question!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Congrats on the engagement and the truck is cool too.

3. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Congratulations on the nice score!
    Oh, and the engagement also!

4. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow, man, congrats!

5. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Congratulations on both the find and the engagement! Looks like you were near St. Regis when you popped the question?

6. flathead37

flathead37
    from boerne tx

koool find..man u can't beat a neat deal.....CONGRATS!

7. I could really use those old rear rims buddy. Great score on the truck. Congrats on the engagement. At least she know what she's getting into. Now about those old rims?

8. tcb-1

tcb-1

great score x 2!!

9. 562roadster

562roadster

congratulations on the engagement and truck!

10. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Congratulations! Sounds like a trip you'll never forget.

11. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Damn Chris...congrats to you and Jamie!!!

12. Mr.Gasser

Mr.Gasser

Congrats x2. Idaho Aaron needs a bed, how much?

13. Frank

Frank

I wonder what the history is with the firewall being cutout like that and frame horns cut off. Maybe it almost became a hot rod or the cab was used as one once? Also, isn't that a later bed? The doors look great!

14. BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS

double congrats man, best of luck on both!
    Scott

15. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

that divco wheel might be worth as much as you paid for it lol

16. very cool, good things, like bad things come in three's, so you can tick Montana off your good list...keep outta there from now on;):D:)

congrats, now can you find me a 33 3 window?:)

Cheers,

Drewfus:D

17. Congrats on both! Nice looking cab!

18. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Lenny called dibs ; )

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Nice dude, I am super happy for ya! Great score and looks like a great collection of parts. That damn axle is the best part I think of the score.

Jamie saying yes is the best thing you could have asked for. Amazing scenery to pop the question the outcome was as good as it gets. When I asked the Red Fox to marry me we were in a cabin in Vermont with a fire roasting and as I got down on one knee to ask her my 90 pound American Bulldog/Pit mix jumped on my back and started humping me and if you know those dogs they have a bear grip that they lock in on your hips and it' s near impossible to get them off until they "finish"....so it was similar...although not at all hahahahah!!! Congrats!!!

20. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

I kinda like that "FOREVER" part. Congrats to ya both, my friend. You do some all-around cool stuff, Chris. DD

21. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

That pickup has sentimental value now. You need to sell the green 33 pickup and build this one!

22. Chris , May you and your lady have many happy years together , that spot reminds me a little of the place where I proposed to my wife.
    Great score on the truck bet there were smiles all around. Rob.

23. Congrats on both, sounds like a perfect day.

24. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Congrats Chris. It's a great feeling being married to your best friend.

25. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

My future wife was from California, didn't really know about Montana winters, which can begin in July. I was working on an old building which became an art gallery. She wanted to get married by the river. Wedding was set for November 1st. I proposed at the art gallery, and we got married on the same spot surrounded by the 1st artist's works. A series of Montana rivers. Best wishes with your new life, and project. But quit telling everyone about the treasure left in Montana LOL.

26. thisbugger

thisbugger

Definately a keeper. Congrats!!!

27. JEM

JEM

Given where you were and why you were there in the first place...well, hopefully you'll never have to remind her of the immortal words of Henry Cabot Henhouse III:

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it"

Congratulations.

28. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Damn Chris, do ever sleep...nice find...again....and congrats....been married to my best friend for 39 years.....it's great

29. Chris, congrats on the engagement. Good score on the truck too.