Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your wife/girlfriend like the hotrod scene

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tattedfordguy, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Nope, nada, no way in hell. Her idea of car stuff is if there happens to be a mall near where I want to go and scrounge for parts!

2. ironpile

ironpile

My wife used to love to drag my 55 Chevy C gasser.She doesn`t seem to like the hot rod scene much at all.The only time she is outside now is from the house to the car and from the car to the Mall.She is good at helping me bleed brakes and kind of likes the sound of open headers. And by the way we have been married 46 years next Sunday.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  3. Hebert Racing

Hebert Racing
    from Louisiana

My wife loves it so much she quit her job and works full time in the shop with me.

4. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

HELL NO! She named my truck "Christine" because she has had near death experiences both times she drove it. I told her it was all that shit she talks about her......

5. garcoal

garcoal

shes loves it as long as i tell how wonderful she is all day, and talk to nobody else.dont play the radio loud. and go where she wants. the tbirds been in the garage for about 3 years now kinda my solution.

6. I'm teaching mine to fix her own car. If see wants to drive an old car she needs to work on it.

[​IMG]

7. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

I think my wife loves it (ALMOST) as much as I do. NO A/C, NO heater, NO radio in the hot rod, and she still likes to travel with me. Goes to a lot of the local car shows, is a member of our car club, loves to talk cars; most of my buddy's wives don't. Even has her "own" car - '65 Mustang coupe.

8. she tolerates it, but not a huge fan

9. My wife of 39+ years won't go to a show with me and rarely will even take a local ride with me in a rod, but tolerates my cars and puts up with the associated expense. she knew they were a passion for me before we got married, and I deferred working on hot rods for about 21 years, until the kids were half grown, I could afford it again and I found a good excuse to get back into it. I built a car for my youngest one's 16th birthday. ...haven't stopped since. ...now 3 Model a's and a '51 Ford in my shop, and most days, my wife comes over and we have lunch in the shop. I'll keep her.

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

My wife would rather have a stick in her eye then be involved in anything automotive. She used to go to out of town rod runs but now thinks its a bunch of foolishness.

11. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

My future wife (getting married 4/20/2011) loves hot rods and going to shows. I could not have asked for a better woman. She wants to slowly move to having all classic cars. Said her goal is to have a large shop with a different Hot Rod for every day of the week.

12. 26 roadster

26 roadster

I don't mind the wife's shiny rocks and she don't mind my rusty cars.
    when we were younger she did lift the roaster so I could put the tire on it!
    (no engine or trans, she ain't no go-rilla) now that's funny

13. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

My wife's idea of a car show is driving to and from work, and that's it.
    She's never helped in the garage or had an interest in what I was doing out there.

Our daughter was interested for a while, but now she's into horse riding and training for horse show's when she's not involved in something for school.

The garage has an erie silence to it lately.

14. Mr. Galore

Mr. Galore

she's as much of a gear head as I am, this is her working her way through the install of HO Mustang 302 and battery re-location in her '63 Falcon

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/album.php?id=583350379&aid=309068

and just for good measure, some shots of her trip to Prudhomme's shop (for work...nice job), we have a digital file of the interview, pm me and I'll try and get a copy to any interested parties...it's pretty "bitchin'"

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/album.php?aid=294115&id=583350379

15. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

when i was married, the ex wouldnt even ride in my cars..(all the more reason to drive them!). My new fiance however, LOVES every part of it. She wants a 50s or early 60,s P/U as a wedding gift, and wants all my cars to have bench seats so she can ride closer.
    KEEPER!!!!

16. 1948plymouth

1948plymouth
    from Minnesota

Heck, my wife of 26 years owns a 38 Plymouth truck and a 1964 Airstream. She says this package will be our retirement transportation.

BTW, my wife is my girlfriend! I know---too sappy

17. jammersspeed

jammersspeed
    from herman mn.

mine loves the hot rod scene... the shows for a short time..... but really likes going out and driving the cars!

18. nachodog

nachodog
    from socal

Car shows no, drag races yes. Something to do with all the vibration i guess:)

19. [​IMG]

Theres my wife leaning on 'her' '51 and unknown to us when i took the picture our daughter too! She loves the cars and the scene. Spends almost as much time in the garage as I do.

20. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

I met mine at the Alter boys show in WOOster Mass...she digs it and is always cool with whatever hairbrained plans and projects i come up with..

21. desotot

desotot

Worst thing that ever had a negative influence was when I told her she shouldn't drive the car farther than she was willing to carry the licence plate and battery back, but she got over that one and we have fun doing car stuff.

22. Lil32

Lil32

Cannot keep her out of our coupe. Walks around shows and swap meets all day with me, never complains. Sure I do Malls with her,its a shared life

23. ralphcramer

ralphcramer

She has no interest in my garage adventures but loves riding in them and never bitches about what I spend or how many I drag home.

We're driving the avatar from PA to Bowling Green in June and then around the Gaspe Peninsula and Nova Scotia in July. She's pretty excited about the trips so I guess I'll keep her.

24. mwhistle

mwhistle
    from sacramento

She's not interested, but happy that I have a hobby.

25. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

26. Mine supports me the entire way. She wants her own now! (Like I can say no to another build..)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Mine loves everything about the entire scene. She even loves sitting with me all damn day when I'm selling at the swap meets. I feel fortunate to have found such a good one.