Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Oppinion on paint scheme

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rob Kozak, Jan 9, 2011.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Would look better black with flames ,Too modern your idea,Please dont take offense .JUST TRYING TO HELP ,a Candy color would be cool also ,Keep it simple ,Like life was back then.........

2. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Seeing all these other examples I NOW think yours would look smokin.

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Yes and I stand corrected ,

4. I think it would look good. For awhile. Problem is, with a paint job this busy, you will tire of it pretty quickly. If it's a race car, OK, lettering will break it up some, but still busy. Inmyarrogantopinion, a solid color, maybe a candy with some tasteful striping would be something that wouldn't overwhelm the classic lines of these little monsters. Anything you do will probably still have that competition look, afterall, it is an Anglia
    One cool thing about paint; you can always change it.
    My dad did a dirt track car for a guy every season in basic white. Every season the car would have some gimmick put on that basic white to change the car up. It was easy to do, and easy to change. Mike

5. tuki

tuki

i dig it..i would just change the panels a lil bit on the fenders..whos painting it..i can do it if yourself or another shop hasnt already got the job.

6. Jax2A

Jax2A

I guess I'm on the not digging it side. Looks too 70's/80's for my taste. Unless you are going with the gasser theme like the others have shown. If that's the case then letter it with a cheesy racer car name and throw on some vintage sponser decals and you're set.

7. The drawing is throwing people off. On the real car you can adjust the graphics to fit the panels.

Do it. It'll work...

8. Pharouh

Pharouh

My vote (since you asked)- I would leave the roof and hood black.

9. Going by the picture I would say No but it might look on the actual car.Some of the examples from ProEnfo are pretty wild and busy but look good. If you like it do it.

10. I think it's sweet. It'd look really good it it ended up getting a name on the door in black and gold

11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like it just the way it is. Once the car is painted people will be able to get a better perspective. If the car's performance is as "In your face" as the paint job you'll have a real winner.

12. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

Ok, I have two updates...

Original [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

Yes the car is meant to be an " in your face" drag style.
    It has a blown mechanical fuel injected small block. The owner wanted a "modern" Gasser.
    I am doing my best to achieve that. Mixing old and new is not easy and can shit the bed real fast. I value this site and it's members for their honest oppinions.

We are still working on it and the roof panel will be "shrunk" and the leaf will be thinner. Once the owner is satisfied we will "fit" this to the car as the rendering car is a bit off.

14. Phil1934

Phil1934

less is better

Attached Files:

15. I really like them both. I think it will look better in real life.

16. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Is this a real race car or a show car? If a racer, by the time you get the sponsor's stuff on it, all the class markings, all the contingency stickers, etc... you might not be able to even tell what the colors or design are. Look at the current race cars. I could be mistaken, but I think if you go with a simple design and bold graphics, more Hamb-ish, then everything will stand out more than if it was plastered with design elements and stickers. Gary

17. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

This is a drag inspired car not a strict drag car there will be no decals.

18. CR1193

CR1193
    from Tennessee

Here's my 2-cents, and I'm def no paintshop hero!! hehehe

Attached Files:

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I like the thought process and color choices. The only thing that really bugs me is the awkwardness around the windows. It seems the design could work better in that area.

I think I might consider smaller panels on the hood and smaller panels on the roof rather than coating all of the horizontal surfaces and leaving the curved window surfaces hanging out there on their own...

Nothing wrong with going with the 60's 70's race car panel scheme and then making it your own. I think you are on to something interesting.

20. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee