Register now to get rid of these ads!

Let's see em, low low cars/trucks WITHOUT bags!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tulfabrication, Jan 9, 2011.

1. So i looked around but didn't really come up with a definitive thread about this. I thought it would be cool to start a thread about really low rods/customs...etc that AREN'T bagged. I like bags as much as the next guy, but i'm sure some would be surprised about how low peole roll around without them. hell, if anything this could be a good resource for someone who may be on the fence about bagging their project or just dropping it "static".

so lets see em!

ill start; Not the greatest pic, but this is my old 51 f-1, amc torsion bar front end, axle flip and c-notch in the rear, about 3 1/2 from the bottom of the runningboard to the road if i remember correctly. And surprisingly not too difficult to drive

Attached Files:

2. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

What do you do when there is any irregularity in the road?

3. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

you brace yourself.:D

Hunter73 likes this.
  4. Gator

Gator

My old Caddy wasn't bagged, the cool thing was there was nothing on the car below the frame so when it did scrape it wasn't really hurting anything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

this is my car.. NOT on bags.

[​IMG]

was quite some work to drive it that low.. its come up A LITTLE.. but basically the same.

6. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just regular old suspension on my ol Merc... I built the car to be low, but still be a daily driver. The trick is to engineer the ride height into the whole build process of the car, not build the car, then try to get it low.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

flatheadpete likes this.
  7. low enough for me...

[​IMG]

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

here's the old Belly Flop '65 Coupe DeVille......Just had to watch for stuff in the road...like insects and whatnot.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Probably the worst picture of my avatar '48 Plymouth coupe, the lack of front bumper doesn't tell the whole story. I have driven this car over 200,000 miles over the last 17 years... In every kind of weather you can imagine, and in most the states in the country. I love it when people say that it's ride hight is impractical or accuse me of not driving it! Like some one else said earlier, it's a simple matter of building the car around the ride hight, not dropping the car from it's stock level. Everything under my car is tucked up above the frame rails so that the underside is clean. I have a small replaceable skid plate that protects anything in case I do touch down on a tall speed bump or what ever. It has just as much suspension as ride hieght, so I have full articulation and an excellent ride and even better handling qualities. lowest point on the car is 3 1/2" off the ground. I actually raised it to this point about five years ago from about an inch lower. And yes, I have driven it through many feet of snow... several times!

Attached Files:

• 302.JPG
      302.JPG
      File size:
      294.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  10. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

One with Chevelle front and the other MII

Attached Files:

11. static lowering is great.. untill ya have to go over a speed bump..

12. krazy kory

krazy kory

This is my 50 f-1 it has a fliped front axle with all but 4 springs removed C notched in front. Flipped in rear frame stepped up with 2x3 tubing. Rides about 3 " at the lake pipes. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. 37RAT

37RAT
    from Wisconsin

Used to be 3" clearance, yea, toooo low for cruisin, went to 5"

Attached Files:

14. krazy kory

krazy kory

This is a 53 chevy frame is fliped upside down and the axle is slung above the frame. The rear is Zed up 16" with a triagulated three link and coils. Krazy low could lite matches. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. My truck has A volare front clip with Fat Man dropped spindles and the torsion bars cranked down a little and on the rear it has Posie springs with the axle on top of the springs and the frame c-notched 7" and the bed floor raised 5" to clear the axle pumpkin. Gets driven a lot. When you see a bump you pucker.
    Later,
    Dick

Attached Files:

16. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Attached Files:

17. Its really hard in my neck of the woods to lower anything to crazy without bags. you could easily find yourself stuck.

18. Really?

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

20. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

All my cars are staticly lowered, mainly because it's easy to do with their torsionbar-front suspension, and 2ndly because airride simply doesn't fit.

Would like to get the '57 Chrysler lower than this but it's already just 4" high in the center of the car...

[​IMG]

My '60...

[​IMG]

'62 wagon...

[​IMG]

'65 300 convert...

[​IMG]

chriseakin likes this.
  21. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

[​IMG]

3 inch ride height.

chriseakin likes this.
  22. chris55

chris55

Not as low as some, but low enough for me.
    [​IMG]

23. awesome guys! great pics. keep em comin

24. skwurl

skwurl

Winner unless it's juiced

25. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

My '51 riding on a MII. Stock rear with all but 3 leafs pulled.
    [​IMG]

26. HoodDirty

HoodDirty
    from Boulder

the pic shows it in the grass, but the second one proves that it makes some contact with the pavement[​IMG][​IMG]

27. 56 Olds 88 was 1 3/4 at the leading edge of the of the lakers (live and ran straight pipes) daily driver and highway cruiser. used the lakers as skid plates

Attached Files:

28. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

nope..

we channeled the body HARD.. and still didnt work out the springs to the proper height at the time of the pic.. we got it worked out now.. but it still is dumb low.. its on an s10 frame.

so yea.. no hydros, pablo..

29. This thing's got a killer stance!

Steve