Register now to get rid of these ads!

Took a ride on the frozen lake today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roupe, Jan 2, 2011.

1. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I'm not one to support playing on ice since there are a LOT of stupid people out there with no common sense but we play on the ice all the time but only when we absolutely know its thick enough to be doing so. We take the tractors out and plow the snow off and you then have an instant drag strip or racing circle. plenty of fun for cars, trucks, 4-wheelers...you name it,

2. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

I was a recovery diver for our sheriffs department in upstate NY.If you think driving on the ice is a rush you should try diving under the ice looking for victims. One time two guys thought driving across the lake after a night of drinking was better than taking the roads home.That worked until they hit an ice heave.One got out one I got.Another time a guy blasted across the lake on a snowmobile,when he saw the open water it was to late to stop.You could see his tracks as he tried to turn and stop but he ended in the water.He and his little brother got lucky the got back on the ice but he lost his sled.As some say[ stupid hurts].But if you check to see if its safe then the ice is a ball.

3. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Fuck that!!!!!!! Looks like a blast but not for me. you guys got big balls.

4. Man I was just talking to my girlfriend about how cool would that be. Wish I was there but its to dam cold there for me.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

driving on the ice would be more fun in the summer when it is not so cold.

Beanscoot likes this.
  6. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

Thats somthing I've always wanted to do ........ driving on a frozen lake that is

7. steve53

steve53

hehe somethin tells me you and ice are going to have a scheduling conflict

8. Roupe

Roupe

Some of the iceboaters don't call it iceboating they call it hard water sailing.

Attached Files:

9. Sprocket71

Sprocket71
    from Anna, Tx

10. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Good shots...
    Reminds me of my high school days (58-62) taking our cars out on Lake Geneva.....expecially at night. :eek:
    Now I don't even like walking on ice on a lake.....:cool:

11. bill wallace

bill wallace

Used to live near lake Geneva wis & you could drive right off the street onto the ice. Scared my wife to death. In the spring they would drive flat bed semis out to collect the fishing shanties. Its one of the deepest lakes in Wisconson & they raced cars & motorcycles most weekends in the winter.

12. younggun13

younggun13

X2 thats awesome

13. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

I used to live in Oconomowoc, We have 20in of snow on the ice up here. It has been keeping the ice to warm to get real thick. Ussually theres a road across the lake to make it quicker to get across but this year its to thin.

14. x4 on the first pic it is absolutely awesome.......

15. Roupe

Roupe

This picture is different angle showing a little more of the ice.

Attached Files:

16. Mercchev

Mercchev

That's just f#$%ing COOL!

17. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Maybe the coolest thing I ever saw. I live in Buffalo and I will start looking for a lake to take out my rod.

ps Does the car need to be registered as a watercraft??????

18. farmer12

farmer12

Cool pics! brave though....

19. Roupe

Roupe

I remember you or Bobwop posted a pic of my truck from the fall Jefferson swap meet. I'll have to meet up with you 2 at the spring Jefferson. Roupe

20. That was the first question I asked when I saw this live!!!

The Burnout is to clean the snow out of the screws and to see if they need to lower the launch speed for the best traction... made sense to me and it's still fun to watch!

21. Roupe

Roupe

Thanks to everyone, I got so many compliments on this picture I made it my avatar and desk top picture on my computer. We got 1 or 2 inches of snow this week so the ice now has some snow on it. If I go out in the truck today I will post a few pics tonight.

Attached Files:

22. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

That truck sucks.

And Im still waitin for my ride. Or are you going to keep making me follow behind you in the 61.

23. Roupe

Roupe

'61 Fairlane, one of these days. Did you let your sister be your facebook friend yet?

24. pumpman

pumpman

Great shot! Don't think I would have the stones to do that, especially with a cool truck like that. Although a shot of brandy might help fuel the urge to try it.

25. Been a while since I've been on the ice....but my ride was a little bigger :)
    And a lot farther North too......a shot from the North Pole....didn't see Santa around anywhere though :(

[​IMG]

MO_JUNK likes this.
  26. Relic Stew

Relic Stew
    from Wisconsin

Here are some old pictures of my dad ice fishing on Lake Winnebago back in the day.

Attached Files:

MO_JUNK likes this.
  27. ...believe it or not, this is Zenor's A coupe before he bought it from me; it was from Minnesota and was set up for ice fishing, note exhaust pipe stack near rear fender. It still had snow chains on the rear tires before I loaded it. For some reason the hood sides were switched side to side with the louvers facing ahead.

[​IMG]

MO_JUNK likes this.
  28. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Save this photo for HAMB Calendar for December 2012 .....

29. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

man we live in completely different worlds...That would not be happening here in south texas. That is awesome. Cool pics.

30. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

one thing about dry lakes up north no dust :D

then again
    [​IMG]