Register now to get rid of these ads!

whos all goin to wichita starbird show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadillac daddyo, Jan 6, 2011.

1. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

Didnt see a thread yet but who all is going to starbirds this year? I will be there as always pinstriping all weekend didnt get the truck done enough to put it in the show

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

me! No car but going to hang with the Marauders. Maybe next year she'll be in there. Oh, and cool art you got there. I'll stop by the table and visit ya'.

3. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

cool be sure and drop bye

4. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

bump for the friday crew nobody else is goin i know the show aint the best but they are doing up some changes this year allowing unjudged cars besides what else you going to do in wichita in january got to break from the garage sometimes lol

5. Maybe. Depends on the weather. 220 miles for me.

6. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

me & momma might ...2 hour drive

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I will probably be there -- will say hi Daddy-O

8. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

very cool poverty flats havent got to talk you since the hambbq a couple years back

9. yblock292

yblock292

Got two cars going in to the Marauders display, which is super kool, Hell of alot of work has gone into it, gotta come see!

10. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

will do jack, it must be time for starbirds it is suppost to snow this week

11. 49toad

49toad

We haven't had any moisture for about two months. Starbirds show starts in 3 days and it snows about 4". Go figure.

12. Doesn't it always snow the week before?

13. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was hoping to drive up Friday morning. Might still be able to make it Friday but
    definitely Saturday morning. I'm going through withdrawals. I'll come by your booth
    I love to hang out with the kool people.

Happy Trails, Mick

15. triumphtony

triumphtony

Plan to be there Sat. just to look.

16. yblock292

yblock292

damn been cleaning cars all day, original A hasn't been really cleaned for about 30 yrs but i'm doing it !Be good to see everyone again

17. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

this weekend 14,15,16

18. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

very cool mick bring lots of flyers cause everybody knows you put on the coolist shows that way i dont double book like i did last year and miss the starliner plus if you come hang out it might make me look actually cool

19. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

no it is every other year last time it snowed like 8" and the week after starbirds is the grand national roadster show in pomona i drove all the way to california in the snow froze my ass off :D

20. Goodlife

Goodlife

I'll probably go down Friday morning if the weather clears up. Usually go on Friday early because there isn't any crowd and you can see everything easier. I have put cars in the show in the past but won't do that again as it takes too much time baby setting all weekend.

21. JAYNE COBB

JAYNE COBB
    from Wichita Ks

I'm going to try and be there and the weekend. My bud got his car in so he's letting me have his spare weekend ticket. need to see some cars man...

22. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'll be there Saturday taking photos and hanging out. Hopefully will catch up with everyone, I miss my hot rod family, I haven't been to a show since Hot Rod Revolution, just shy of 2 months.... I'm shaking with the DT's here!

23. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We are leaving early tomorrow morning. We have to make a stop on the way up, should
    be there around 11:00. Gonna be a kool day.

Happy Trails, Mick

24. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I will be going tomorrow them if Mick and Travis will be there then. Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  25. yblock292

yblock292

Attendanced is low, lots of empty spaces, seems like the "visitors" is lower then normal, $16 bucks to come in is keeping people away. But as normal we still had a great time seeing all our good friends. Left a little while ago but dont understand why we have to do the motorcycle shit that takes up show space for nice cars, plus the $40 per car entry fee. Lots of guys saying this is it , no more, lots more restrictions on no food or drinks by show guys, high priced food and drinks. I just think the end is near for this.I showed the first time in around 1968 but i think i'm done

26. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

thats to bad to hear jack but i understand it is slowley dying that is for sure and do you know that they shut off the water fountains all but 2, hell i spent 20 bucks to get 5 pops wtf i spent less at dinner after the show i cant wait to go to tulsa next mounth that show is night and day compared to wichita's and all who are going be sure to stop bye the pinstripers area and say hi, buy some art, or just throw stuff at myers something to keep me entertained

27. yblock292

yblock292

we will stop by for sure today, clearifiation on the 'Motorcycle shit' Couple of kids on straight piped 4 wheelers and small dirt bikes jumping a ramp.really lame!

28. tatersgravy

tatersgravy
    from midwest

Way too much greed in this country, it's showing its ugly head every where and needs to stop! $20.00 for a few pops "Sheezzz" !!! :cool:

29. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

See you fellas in a little bit, checking out a band at my favorite bar last night has put the brakes on what was sure to be a crazy fast morning today. :D

30. yblock292

yblock292

Travis, looking forward to seein ya again, Mic and the rest of his gang should hit town around 11:00 this morning, had a good time with Myers, Monkey and all the rest of the hoodlums!