Register now to get rid of these ads!

Glendale (AZ) swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arizona Geezer, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

I was at a swap meet on Dec 7 at the Glendale Comm College. They told me they would be holding them the first Sunday each month. I didn't go in January. They said they didn't have the location locked in for Feb and March. Anyone know any more current info about it?

2. Kerry67

Kerry67

When you do find out let me know. There are entirely not enough swaps in Arizona. I was actually thinking about having a swap in my Driveway. I was going to put all my car stuff out and ask if anyone else wanted to bring some stuff over and have a "Car Guy" Garage sale of sorts........

3. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Kerry,

Will do.........I think I have a contact up there I can call, if no one here knows.

Bill

4. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

The Feb. one was cancelled do to conflict with the one that weekend at the Peoria Sports Complex. That is a Sat.-Sun 2 dayer. The Glendale CC is normally 1st Sunday of the month.

5. Arizona Geezer

Arizona Geezer

Are they on for March?

6. There are plenty of swap meets here- but it's like they keep them a secret or something.

http://www.cruisinarizona.com/carshows.html

March 21-22 Parts exchange / swap meet at Glendale community college

March 21st - Auto Swap Meet American Legion Riders Post 35 (2240 W. Chandler Blvd.)

Every second saturday of the month there is a small swap meet at the SoCal shop on McDowell. Free coffee and donuts and you'll see some nice cars there too.
    http://so-cal-az.com/Upcoming_Events.html

There's a good schedule here:
    http://www.roddinandracintv.com/eventscalendar.html

Feb. 8 - Second Sunday of Every Month - Automotive & Motorcycle Swap Meet, Parts Exchange. 1018 S. Meridian Rd. East Mesa.

7. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

As far as I've heard the first Sunday at Glendale CC is on for March.

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I have not checked out the East Mesa swap meet,is it decent sized?

9. blown green t

blown green t

Has any one heard of a new swap meet this month?

10. I'm pretty sure this weekend there is one at the Peoria sports complex and next weekend is one at GCC.

Steve
    Hosting- 8th annual Nostalgic Show and Go! march 27-28, 2010 Phoenix
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

11. blown green t

blown green t

I found some info on the web. October 3-4th is the Bumpers Automotive swap meet at Peoria Sports Complex, and October 11th there is one at Glendale Community College. "Just Sell It" has swap meets scheduled at GCC on November 8th and December 6th. It should be under a hundred degrees this weekend so it should be a good swap meet.

12. Kerry67

Kerry67

There is also a swap at the EVIT school on Main st. in Mesa on the 25th that is usually pretty good.

13. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Any swaps around Christmas to New years week in Phoenix area? Will be there this year.

14. Hey Kansas, here is a good link to see what is happening in Arizona most anytime- shows, drags, swaps. http://www.cruisinarizona.com/carshows.html

Steve

Hosting- 8th annual Nostalgic Show & Go! March 27-28, 2010 Phoenix
    www.nostalgicshowandgo.org

15. Racekatz

Racekatz
    from Glendale

There is a new swap meet starting in Cave Creek. The first one will be Feb 20th. It is called Thieves Market and Auto Grotto. Thieves Market has been going on for a while and is a great place to find cool retro items and art. Now it has been decided to add the automotive swap meet because as everyone knows there is not enough of them in town. The great thing about this is that you can bring your wife or girlfriend and let her go to the market while you are at the swap meet!
    This will continue twice a month, the first and third Saturday of every month.

16. bobjob55

bobjob55

cool,,, i was beginning to think that there wasn't any in the state any more...

17. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Great!!!! This would be the prime area for swap meets ansd a decent junk yard. Tucson is sorely lacking in both. In San Diego there was a pick-a-part that couldnt be beat. like 400 acres of motorhead heavin. here,,,crickets.

18. wjk54

wjk54
    from new river

So is there a swap meet today at Glendale CC

19. quickaztruck

quickaztruck

there is a semi regular swap meet held by Just Sell It the next one is june 6, 2010 and july 11, 2010 there will also be more swap meets in august and september there are 10 swap meets each year by these guys you can contact them at 623-628-0364 or 602-332-1939

20. quickaztruck

quickaztruck

next swap meet at glendale comm college is June 6, 2010 and July 11, 2010 there will also be swap meets in august and september call if you need any more info 623-628-0364 or 602-332-1939

21. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

A swap meet in Arizona?

I'm from California, so I'll be boycotting that!

Just kidding...just kidding! :D

22. AzTaildragger

AzTaildragger
    from Goodyear

Next one is on July 11th right!!:confused:

23. Street Scraper

Street Scraper

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha Ha Ha Ha ha thanks!!

25. al8apex

al8apex

ok, just called, next "just Sell it" is in November, the 14th. Next "big" swap is the Annual Chevrolet Club on at GCC in October ...

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Aw... no heat stroke at 8:00 AM this month!!!

27. Anyone know this years schedual for swap meets? There isn't much info on the web yet.

28. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

I live just up 59th ave and would like to see the 2011 schedule too. Usuallu a pretty good swap meet. Mark L

29. 1953Plymouth

1953Plymouth
    from Peoria, AZ

The "Just Sell It" schedule is as follows:
    Feb.6
    April 3
    May 1
    June 5
    July 10(2nd Sunday)
    Aug. 7
    Nov. 6
    Dec. 4

There is usually a two event in the spring and fall in the same location but is NOT sponsored by "Just Sell It". Don't have info on that.

30. 1953Plymouth

1953Plymouth
    from Peoria, AZ

Just located info on GCC swap meet for March. It is the Vintage Car Club of America 38th annual swap meet on March 19 & 20.

www.desertcruisers.com is an EXCELLENT source for all automotive events in the entire SW.