Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Years Eve morning cruise down the Rose Parade route

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steves32, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

Thanks for the pics.
    I enjoy to see the summer in the middle of the winter. We've had snow since mid.Nov! Two feet already. And cold. Not a single day above freezing temp. And very short days.

2. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Yes. We meet at the lot where Fudruckers used to be. Michelinda & Foothill. It's now a CVS or something. :(

Used to meet up at Coco's at Michelinda & Colorado for years but there got to be too many cars to stage there.

3. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Hey Mazooma1, Great quality pics (the historical pics were great also)...looks like a good time I wish I would have known I def would of cruised up for it. Ill make the ride next year because these are some of the things I moved to SoCal for! Mid 50s and clears skies...thats a just a cool summer day for us New Englanders:D!

4. ramrod36

ramrod36
    from Upstate NY

Great pictures. This New Yorker was in Pasadena for the parade. My grandson Jake (chop50chevy's son) was a featured donor on the Donate Life float and we all went to honor his short life and his great gift to others. As my wife and I were walking the parade route from where we were staying to where my son and his family were staying, we started seeing the cruisers - what a sight and experience. I called my son and he was able to get out to Colorado Blvd as well. Thumbs up to all who were there! The parade was also great as was the tribute to Jake. And the folks from California could not have been nicer. Back to the cruise - I have been to many car events over the past forty years but I have not been that excited in a long time. Thanks, guys and gals!

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks like a lot of fun and a chance to see a lot of cars that you probably would never see at any other time. Fun with cars, that's what it's all about.

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

WOW what a great post, and so nice of you to take the time, too.
    We'll be thinking of Jake today and each and every year on the cruise, too.
    What a wonderful gift that you, your family and Jake gave to the world and to someone who will be forever indebted to the generosity of your family.
    May that person live a long and healthy life while having part of Jake to live on for an entire lifetime.
    WOW, to think that Jake's cells, tissue, and strength are still alive today is overwhelming. Really overwhelming.

7. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

Mazooma-

Thank you for your kind words and tribute to my son, Jake. A little boy in Iowa received his heart at 15 days old and is now nearly 3 and 1/2 years old and doing great. Two people have had their sight restored from Jake's gift. Organ donation was the right thing to do when there were no other options. We have had the privilege to meet many amazing recipients and donor families. The parade and Donate Life float were amazing.

To see you guys out cruising added another great element to our trip. We are a bit envious of your year round cruising weather! I snapped a bunch of pics and will post them on this thread if you don't mind. It was clear that everyone out there was having a great time - cruising and those of us wishing we were cruising. Thanks for the show!

Andy (chop50chevy)

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

My friend Steve had told me about this cruise a few weeks ago , so having grown up in the SanGabrial Valley I had to go . My wife and I hopped in the roadster and drove the 70 miles from So. Orange County just in time to see the cars leaving the staging area , so we , along with my friend Steve got in line and followed along. I have'nt been along that blvd in several years and a lot has changed . I'll be back next year .

9. I still can't get over the fact that, that Mercury Wagon sold for over $24,000 in 1991

10. I'm looking forward to it!

Funny, I was thinking the same thing!!:D

11. Doug thanks for the great Pics. Steve thanks for a great post. Makes me sad I am not home to enjoy it in person.

12. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

Here are the pics I snapped. They are from my cell phone, but not bad. There is some traffic. I snapped mostly HAMB worthy rides, but some of the VW's since I have friends into them. For now, I will just post my photobucket link... I can take some time to put up the pics later (wife is waiting to use the computer). Enjoy!

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/...racuda/New Years Eve Cruise on Colorado Blvd/

Andy (chop50chevy)

13. chop50chevy

chop50chevy
    from upstate ny

Once again, it was really great to see some cool cars out for a cruise. I got down there a little late, so I missed some of it. These are from my cell phone, so not the best (but I have seen worse). Please excuse the traffic and lack of cropping. Being from the east coast, it was cool to see some cars that I don't get to see. Enjoy!

To see more of my pics, go to:

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/...racuda/New Years Eve Cruise on Colorado Blvd/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, introducing the "Rose Rod!"

[​IMG]

For a Hot Rod completely constructed (on the outside) of floral material for the Rose Parade, I thought it was well done.

[​IMG]

And lastly, I know this is off-topic, but here is a picture of my son's "floragraph" from the Donate Life float - the reason we were out in the first place.

[​IMG]

I hope you enjoyed my photos - I really enjoyed seeing the cruise. It was a really neat surprise addition to a very meaningful trip.

Andy (chop50chevy)

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Thanks, Andy...they are great.

But, more importantly...thanks for my wonderful new screen-saver...
    I'll be seeing your beautiful son, Jake, every time I turn on my computer!

[​IMG]

15. Wow, never knew about this, thnaks.