Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Lobeck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saucerhead, Nov 29, 2010.

1. basicbob

basicbob

Good friend Barry is now Blasting thru heaven in his roadster! He had a great impact on so many of us!!!! Basic Bob

2. tinmann

tinmann

One of the pioneers of our hobby and a legendary builder.

3. willida

willida

Just recieved the sad news, Barry passed away yesterday. R.I.P

4. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Has anyone heard about funeral arrangements yet? I couldn't find anything online. Thanks,

5. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

I hope the Big Man lets Barry stir up a little shit up there!

He lived large and made his mark.

RIP

6. saucerhead

saucerhead

Check entry from ohiohotrods

7. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

been to the shop a few times,, didnt know him or his wife before that, but, they took time out to make us feel welcome,, for the short time i knew him i would say barry didnt know what a stranger was,, our thoughts and prayers are with his family through this very difficult time.

8. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

RIP - Thoughts to friends and family...another legend gone.

9. cal1954

cal1954
    from Omaha, NE

I'm sad to hear of this. Barry was a good Guy!!! One of the hot rod building legends so many of us looked up to.

10. 39Dodge

39Dodge

BARRY E. LOBECK, age 60, beloved husband of Virginia ?Ginny? (nee Priebe); loving father of Derek Lobeck (Tiffany) and Dawn White; cherished grandfather of Kelcee and Evan White; devoted son of Lettie and the late Frederick Lobeck; dear brother of Gayla Kelsey; dearest uncle of Fred Kelsey. Family suggests memorial contributions in his name to Hospice of the Western Reserve, 300 East 185th Street, Cleveland, OH. 44119. Friends may call at the FERFOLIA FUNERAL HOME, 356 WEST AURORA ROAD (RT 82), SAGAMORE HILLS, where Funeral Services will be held on Monday at 11:00 a.m. VISITATION SUNDAY 4-8 P.M. Entombment Crown Hill Cemetery.
    http://ferfolia.com

11. My heart goes out to his close friends and family,He was one of those guys you always heard about and hoped to meet someday,

12. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

I'll miss all the BS we shared on the road, LA and Indy. I asked him once about why he always wore sunglasses, his replay " The Sun Never Goes Down On COOL " God love ya Barry ! R.I.P.

13. " The Sun Never Goes Down On COOL "
    And it never will with all the fond memories we have of Barry.

RIP Barry

Dennis & Sue

14. Sad News.. Barry & lil' John & Boyd did'nt follow the trends, they invented them! They will all be greatly missed.

15. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

So sorry...just learned of my ole friend's passing today...known him since the 70's when we were both regulars at the old Gatlinburg Run. He always knew me and we talked for a good while at Louisville in 2010....always the discussion led the old days...May God be with him, his family and everyone at Lobeck's V8 shop...We must value each day that God gives us.....

16. RIP Barry,you're gonna be missed buddy!

17. Sad to hear.....May he rest in peace.

Next time you hear thunder in the sky it may well be him doing a giant burnout up in heaven in a Deuce roadster. My prayers are with his family.

18. lorodz

lorodz

19. He will be missed. Everyone will remember this man for putting Ohio on the map,and putting front bumpers in the weedz. RIP. Lobecks 40.jpg

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  20. customcory

customcory

Well said, and it did blow this little kids mind when it hit Taylorsville. My dad and I were in Taylorsville one day when the 40 was at the old Ford dealership. When we rolled up on it, what got you were the flames, then the rake. And I think it was just in Hot Rod a few months or so before that. I had tore the pic out and had it on my wall. Then , wammo , it was right in front of my eyes on the street. There were no traditional cars in this area before then. Everything was up in the air and had 70 series tires on them , restorods, and this 40 really shook things up. Thanks J.Wike:D