Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys DesMoines - need hotel recommendation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henryj429, Jan 6, 2011.

1. henryj429

henryj429

First Goodguys event for the Zephyr.......can anyone recommend a good hotel? I'm looking for something near the fairgrounds with a pool for the kid and a rate that won't bust my wallet. Any advice?

2. stlroken

stlroken

theres a SLEEPINN on hwy163,just east of the fairgrounds but its probabably fill on the dates
    for the goodguys. Check Desmoines motels onthe internet. Some may mean a little driving but there a lot of them around. We have stayed at the Microtel in Urbandale which is north-west Desmoines but it was great and very reasonable and close to the interstate so doesn't take long to get to the fairgrounds. But...try the internet

3. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

Holiday Inn Express Pella. You can jump right on 163 and be at the fairgrounds in 35 minutes.

4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I know you asked for close hotels, but many people stay at the West Des Moines Marriott (host hotel) and in the other hotels around it. I think it's about a 20 min. drive to the fairgrounds.

Malcolm

5. There is a hotel right across the street from the main entrance to the fairgrounds, but I don't remember the name of it. But I would stay out in West Des Moines at or near the host motel.

6. carmak

carmak

The best place to stay is the campground. I drive the truck w/camper and my wife drives the car.

The camp grounds are part of the state fair grounds so you can go back and forth easily. They are huge and only get about 1/2 full during Good Guys.

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

7. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

Try something in altoona

8. carmak

carmak

There is a nice newer motel (one or two years old) at the intersection of I-65 and University Ave (Hwy 163). It is only 5-10 minutes away from the fairgrounds. It's in a nice area and there are a few places to eat fairly close.

Sleep Inn

5850 Morning Star Ct, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327 United States
    (515) 299-9922

Good luck with your search.
    Carmak