Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Where are the Original first 500 HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Aug 29, 2009.

1. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

I am not a number, I am a free man!

2. AssGasket

AssGasket

654... I could swear that I've been on here longer than my 'join date' says, though.... I remember something getting wacky with the servers and some member data in the early days... Maybe during one of the early format changes or something....

Remember how the board looked back then...??? You could get on late monday night and there would still be posts from Sunday on the first page...!!!

Not like this is really a pissing contest or anything... I still haven't built shit, although I do have a pretty sweet project now....

It's good to see that a lot of the OG hambers are still on here, though...

3. You know, I never got the idea that Jack ran folks off? His posts were so satirical and comically over the top that I dont see how any car guy could whimper and run?................................unless they weren't car guys to start with!? I need to drunk dial that dude again , only sober, with a loud monkey in the room.

4. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Holy shit I remember that day! Hung with all those guys at Bonneville watching the races.

5. wow.. I was 170 users too late from being the 100000th hamber.... and to figure.. the 100000th member is an FNG with 0 posts... lol they joined over a year ago...

6. Yeah I totally agree! I was a newbie around that time and remember reading his posts and thiking "if someone is actually reading this and understanding it, they are so far left of centre, they deserve all that comes their way!" HAHA classic old school HAMB. Who woulda thunk it, now we're fighting over apps for iPhone vs Droid? :D HAHA

7. 10 years ago... I didn't have as much patience as I have now.

So much so, I put brakes on all of my cars before I drive them now!

Sam

8. pffft... You must be getting old! I remember BROOTAL coming back to OZ saying "Look! I went around SamIyam's place and these are pics of when he ran a static engine in his driveway until it blew up!" :D :D

9. AssGasket

AssGasket

Oh, shit....!!! I remember reading the thread on you guys grenading that engine...!!! Didn't that thing hold out for a lot longer than everyone expected...??? Was that the one that we all tried to guess at the 'grenade time'...???

I didn't know there was a HAMB archive...??? How much of it is on there...??? Is that just from an old server or something...???

10. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

11. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

12. I have two of those great stickers and thanks to Rocky I mounted them on refrigerator magnets so I can move them from car to car!

13. Reindeer

Reindeer
    from Finland

14. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Germ and 40Studedude, read every one of their posts. Really liked the Friday Niight Reads.

15. SledDriver

SledDriver
    from California

I remember when Jack was looking for something... a dual point distributor for a Y block?

I was up visiting a friend in Colfax and he was telling me "Yeah I got that thing that Germ needs but I'm afraid to put it up or call him..."

I was like "What?! He's the nicest guy in the world... if you don't piss him off!!" Gave him Jack's # (I remember when Jack was excited about his phone #... 'Holy shit it has a 666 in it!! PERFECT!')

So in the end my buddy called him and they hooked up and it worked out. Later on he said "Jack's the nicest guy in the world!!"

Funny how some people are when they're on the HAMB. Times have changed.

16. Rocket88

Rocket88

Holy crap, this is sure dragging up some ancient history!
    #326 on this version of the HAMB, where did the time go?

It's good to see some old names posting, sure brings back a ton of memories.
    Those early days were extremely entertaining, the jokes, drama, flaming of noobs and some damn good car shit thrown in the mix.
    I think the HAMB became worse then a crack addiction for some of us.
    I can think of a few guys that gave Ryan his share of early grey hair.
    Who can forget Fecals the Clown or Germ's rendition of Jogger Balls.

17. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I always wondered if his posts were right off the cuff, or if he spent time composing them, Some were real masterpieces. Can't remember, Why did he leave?

18. Missed this first few times around. Good to see and hear from the oldtimers, brings back lots of good memories. Met many good people through HAMB over the years.

Still around here myself, #418. Hard to keep up on all the activity, it is so big now compared to the start.

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

#750 join date 06-19-2002

How time flies...

20. SledDriver

SledDriver
    from California

Oh he's still around... somewhere...

21. Crestliner

Crestliner

You must have signed up early in the year. Mine is 1173, 12-31-2002

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  22. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I know I am not in the first 500 or anywhere close but I cant figureout how to tell what number I am.

23. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I missed it by a couple hundred...it is much different now

24. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

you are #111563

25. How do you guys find those old posts?

Sam

26. Mart

Mart

Sam, I found these that had been archived - some of the links still work. It's amazing what has been saved from the cyberspace of the past. The bottom one is the HAMB post.

Mart.

27. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

depending on what I'm looking for I either use google to search jalopyjournal.com or I go to archive.org and use the wayback machine

28. M.Edell

M.Edell

I'm pretty sure I was in the original 500.I first joined in Late 2000 or early 2001.