Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speed Week 2011 Who is going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rjlilhaus, Jan 7, 2011.

1. rjlilhaus

rjlilhaus
    from Albany, OR

Speed week has always been a dream of mine and this year i am finally going. I am building a car that i plan on driving there from Oregon. Its going to be a lot of work and quite the adventure. I have talked my family into going and i am so excited for the experience. I would like to meet up with some fellow hambers. I am staying at the Wendover KOA. Is anyone else staying there?

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

There'll be a buch of HAMBers at Bonneville. I know, for sure, there'll be a lot at "The Bend." Regardless, I wouldn't miss it - no matter what. My favorite part of the year here in Utah.

3. FIL

FIL

Unfortunately, we're only about a 1% chance of making it this year... Would love to be there, but have new family commitments that have come along since returning home last year... Unless I get a paid gig shooting there (or elsewhere in the US around that time), then I'll be sitting at home in Australia wishing I was at Bonneville... :)

4. NEW family commitments??? do tell FIL?? :D a bun in the K8 oven perhaps?? :D :D If I establish a succesfull magazine or internet site by then, i'll hire ya to come over!

5. If I can get decent rooms (somehow) Ill be taking my dad with me this year. He's in his 70s and never been. If all I can come up with is crap rooms Im not taking him, but the rest of us will go lol.

I took one of my sons last year (his first time) and he said he is going to try and get some buddies together and camp at the bend.

6. FIL

FIL

the bun was in the oven when we came over last year... it's now fully cooked and just over 6 weeks old :)

http://www.landbarge.com/coppermine/thumbnails/album=65.html

7. heavytlc

heavytlc

I plan on going again. I will only stay at the bend in the road, the truck stop has nice clean showers. After paying the fuel bill driving the Fairlane last year I might fly to slc, and buy a car, but I plan on being there. Most fun I have ever had...

8. FIL

FIL

I know what you mean... we drove there in the Caddy, fuelling an old 472 probably cost more than the accomodation did for the days we were on the road...

9. I will be there!

10. FIL

FIL

Cheers! :)

11. heavytlc

heavytlc

I spent 4k at gas stations, only half that was for fuel. I smoke and drink way too much I guess... Damn that was a great trip.

12. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I'll be there!

13. cracker head

cracker head

My pops has never been either. I talked him and my uncle into going this year. It will be awesome for them to experience such a breathtaking place.

EVERYONE should go there at least once in there lifetime......

14. Looking forward to meeting some of you cretins this year. I will be the guy in the straw hat annd white Tshirt ;)

15. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Me. Me. Me. I'm addicted to the salt thanks to Bobby and Lucky.

16. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

We (Jeff Norwell and a couple of other fella's) will be there with our P-38 tank, powered by a 302 GMC Jimmy which I am currently building.... It will be painted red with very old style white flames with a couple of licks on the each side of the nose. The tank will be named "Mothers Worry", not associated with Ed Roth (as much as I like RF, etc., it is in realation to my last conversation I had with my Mother before she lost her battle with cancer)

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yep, I plan on going.:cool:

18. 26 roadster

26 roadster

If I can get the logistics worked out, friend has to get his turbo busa sorted out. The bend in the road is a blast. I am 62 and I would sleep under a camper to be there again!!!!!!!!

19. rjlilhaus

rjlilhaus
    from Albany, OR

Where in Oregon are you from and are you driving down?

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I'll be there again and on the salt before sunrise each day.....

[​IMG]

21. Me too. Staying at the bend in the road.

22. hotrodjohnny

hotrodjohnny
    from colorado

HOPING to make it .. and REALLY HOPING I'll have my Essex finished waiting on my rule book to see if my Essex meets criteria and what all I have to do to be eligable to try for the 150mph club ..This will be my 1st trip to Bonniville.. ALso ANY AND ALL help would be greatly appreciated!!!

[​IMG]

23. rebelrat

rebelrat

with knobs on ! see ya at the bend !

24. dragster

dragster

I have looked at the pic on the web and it looks great. Where is the best place to camp , what is the price of admission.

25. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Yes, will be there again with the Brew 102 car. Outstanding place and the sunrise, well you know.

26. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I took my son last year. I hope to be back this year with my daughter.

27. firingorder1

firingorder1

God willing we'll be there but I'm not a morning person. The only acceptable early morning for me is a record return run. Hoping for a couple this year.

[​IMG][/IMG]

28. HEY RJ...I'm just down the road from you...in eugene. I am hoping to have my coupe done in June and to drive 'er to Speed week...pulling a little utility trailer to haul the camp gear to stay at The Bend, planning on getting there Friday afternoon. Me and my son are going, and this is our 1st trip I'm sure of more to come. Leaving home thursday and staying overnight at my brothers in Nyssa, then to Bonneville the next day.

Attached Files:

29. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

AAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!!!!......I GOT THE FEVER!!!!.......I NEED MY SALT FIX.......

[​IMG]

The Bend in the Road is THE place to camp. Great people, good times. I used to stay at the KOA in Wendover each year, until I came back and found my tent ransacked. The pool is REAL nice though.