Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was your ride in High School

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hank37, Dec 6, 2008.

1. GTX70sixpack

GTX70sixpack

Here they are, the 66 Charger was just a project, finished it when I was 19. The cuda photo was after some one took the nose off when it was parked in the school parking lot. The hood is on my cuda I now own.

Attached Files:

2. stangnutz

stangnutz

70 Javelin, great parking car with no center console and ladies could slide right over between the buckets... oh the memories.

3. 1966 chevy 2 2dr sedan copper paint with lakewoods/keystones 350LT1 M21(70 1/2 camaro powertrain) couldn't always afford to drive it to school though:(!

4. Ahh, the school bus!

5. chevnut55

chevnut55
    from ma.

my 55 chevy 210 ,1990 jr year it had grey primer,tilt nose,327,gasser stance,i used to do wheelstands in the parking lot before school!everyone called it the dynosaur in the parking lot.
    1991 sr year it was orange with a steel front end,a blower scoop sticking through the hood.
    now turqise/white,1,200 hp blown 468. but i miss it the way it was and its too nice to ever go back.

6. Damaged1

Damaged1

Here's mine. Had it for my last 2 years of high school. Drove it in various stages of primer the whole time. It wasn't painted til after graduation in '95. Less than a month after paint, it was sold.

Attached Files:

7. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

Here was my 62 Nova 2 Door Post. Built this with my Dad when I was kid. I had been saving my lunch money in middle school so I could buy a car when I turned 16. About the time I was 14 or 15 I guess I had saved enough cake to buy this Nova. It didn't run and was sitting beside a transmission shop that was behind my Dad's body shop. I paid $700 for this car and it came with a set of NOS front fenders. I sold those for $750 at a swap meet and we lowered it, juiced up the 194 straight six, headers, dual exhaust, home made intake with 3 one barrels. I put the 3-speed on the floor and stereo...it was the coolest car in high school.

I didn't have the intake on it yet in this pictures. See my Dad stuck his foot in the first engine that was in that car (notice it sitting in the front of the shop in the pic with the hood up). The second six that went it was the one with the intake but I hadn't gotten it on yet when that pic was taken.

As for the color...well, that was circa 1990 and if you remember the egg shell pastels. Well, that shit was cool then OK. OH yea, the tight rolled jeans tool. Notice the Olympic Charles Barkley tennis shoes. Son, I was pimpin'! The lettering on the back said "Lunch Money".

Still miss that old car.

Andy from STL

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  8. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

Well, hell...I'll throw this in for posterity sake.

Picture from my high school prom. Dad let me drive the Ford and my date was ugly. I didn't even get a kiss goodnight. There wasn't another girl at the prom that got there in a rod. She was from a different high school so nobody knew her. The truth is, I met her at the pool hall. That's no shit either.

Attached Files:

9. banditomerc

banditomerc

My car..err truck,was a '55 f100.It had a 390/c6 auto.I remember tearing that original rear end up 2 weeks after the engine swap!live and learn.

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

11th grade...327, Muncie 4-speed
    1967-68

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn Andy, that motherfucker was Purple!! Or Lavender!! Good God man. Great car, though. And obviously your dad is pretty cool, too. Thanks for the look.

12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Couple of cute pies there, Doug. Or is that 3 cutie pies?

13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

55 Buick Special, every body called it "ole Blue" Great car!! Took alot of guff but I was always the guy that had a running car while my buddies heaps were sittin in the driveway broke down. It would still do a 110 if I had enough road, stoppin it sometimes put shit in your neck though. Senior year(1969) I moved up to a 65 Skylark Coupe, 300 4bbl 4 speed. Best damn car I ever owned! I am building a 65 GS right now with a bored out 455 Buick with 2X4s and a muncie 4 speed. Hope to drive it to a HS reunion and tell every one it is my original car just for shits and giggles.

14. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

The top photo blonde was mine for a few years...gone but not forgotten.

15. jamn47

jamn47

1970 Ford Torino Cobra. Found out it was very rare. It was ordered with the 429 Thunder Jet 360hp Instead of a Cobra or Super Cobra Jet engine. The rest of the car was all Cobra Drag Pack. Wish I still had it. Drag Pack Top loader 4spd and 4.30 Detroit Locker. Ordered at The old Howard Height Ford Manasquan N.J.

16. aacfmach

aacfmach

seemed a lot cooler until i looked at everyone elses on this thread but a pretty nice 69 z28. still sticks in my crawl some kid with a parent bought late 80s vette got coolest car in the yearbook.

17. olracer66

olracer66

I had a little deuce coupe from 1955-58...before the Beachboys song came out. Love'd that ride. Our Illinois State Patrol folks "requested" the added fenders. They also didn't care for the Smittys, but let them stay under there;) I made the rear nerf from ford steering shafts.

Attached Files:

18. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

1957 2-door hardtop...fun car

1977 Vega Camback Wagon...

19. Stormin' Norman1

Stormin' Norman1

This thread brings back a lot of memories.
    No the egg beater manure spreader was not my high school ride, the Impala was.:D
    I had the car painted at school and traded the auto body instrutor a '55 Ford F100 and a complete Hemi for a paint candy red paint job. Don't know if that was a good deal or not??
    The girls liked the car, I guess that was most important Back then!
    Who knew?

Attached Files:

20. merc49

merc49
    from illinois

my first ride was a big fat girl named debbie.:)

21. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

im 19 and this was mine a few years back, the one of the foot ball feild was when i got to drive it on for home coming.
    and then the finished one is what it looks like now

Attached Files:

22. 1956 Chevy 210 Wagon. Bought it in 8th grade...bit off way more than I could chew, but learned alot! This is a pic of it from my senior year. I know...the sticker is gay...young and dumb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. My senior year car and me in 1964:
    [​IMG]

24. 64cheb

64cheb

My main ride is my 1964 Chevy C30 Dually. Loudest ride in the lot, and the oldest. Looks real good next to all the Mustangs, Hummers and Prius'. Just a 283 and 5:38's in the rear.

25. RTD Baby!!!!!

Attached Files:

26. cwayne

cwayne

In High Schoo my ride was shoe leather, but right after it was this cool '57

Attached Files:

27. Fiatdude

Fiatdude
    from SoCal

Bought a '46 Chevy Panel truck 6 cyl 4 spd with a grannie for $50 when I got my license -- Drove the chit out it for almost 2 years -- was in a sorry state -- would just add STP to the motor when it needed some oil -- Sold it to a guy who wanted to make a dune buggy out of it for $35 on the condition I change the oil and filter. I said OK. So did the change, took the oil 20 minutes to slowly blob out, he gave me the 35 bucks and started driving up the street. He got about a block away and it started smokin', then really started smoking, then I couldn't see anything up the street for about 5 minutes. He never came back so I guess it was all good. Finished HS with a '60 F-100, into which I dropped a blown ford cammer. Had 2 of those parking lot concrete things bolted to the back of the bed so I could leave a stop sign without leaving most of my tires. OOOOHHHHH the good times buying that $.249 premium gas. Had several girls who would buy a tank of gas for the evening cruisin' on "E" st. and street racing afterwards, just so they could ride along LOL. $3.00 went a long way and so did some of them........

28. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Schwinn 10 speed unfortunately. Root Beer brown to boot.

29. mine was a 68 firebird my mom bought new blew the rear axle then i bought a 72 mach one which got totaled a year later i really loved that mach

30. Tripple G

Tripple G

First ride was a 1964 Falcon Futura convertible, white with a black rag top & vinyl bucket seats. Sold it for a 1969 Mustang hardtop, Red with black interior. Wish I had some pictures. Both had 6-bangers under the hood. I couldn't beat anybody in a street race.:( However, the Mustang had a custom exhaust, 2)Thrush mufflers with Chrome tips, a rear shackle kit, air shocks & big bad tires on the rear.:cool: