Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Lobeck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saucerhead, Nov 29, 2010.

1. roadwarrior32

roadwarrior32

I have known Barry for over 40 years, since his "street hero" days. He and I worked together at the old "Bill's Rod and Custom" shop. He always kept us laughing and was a true character. Most of the stories I have can't be printed here. There is one that I can tell, However. He came to my wedding, almost 34 years ago, dressed in a sky-blue leisure suit and his ever present afro. In the reception line, Barry shook hands with my bride, and kissed me! This photo was taken about the time he was building his black flamed '40. Barry is in front , on the ground, taking life easy. It is hard for me to believe he is gone. I will pray for him and mourn his passing.

2. Roadsterholic

Roadsterholic

Sorry to hear, met him over the years at various swap meets, a great guy, always willing to share knowledge...

3. roadwarrior32

roadwarrior32

4. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

We lost one of good ones, R.I.P.

5. Sad news-One of the best and not another like him!!
    R.I.P -Deepest condolences to all his family and friends.

6. Oh man I am sorry to hear that...was just talking to a buddy about him the other day...rest in peace

7. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

*******R I P *********
    My familly and i send out deepest thoughts

8. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

RIP Barry, prayers sent to family and friends.
    We will miss you!

9. i heard about it at work this morning. very sad. quite a battle

10. Over the years I had converstions with Barry and he would offer advice about the builds we were doing. Barry was always very personable, he will greatly missed in the hot rod community. We wish his family strength in this time of grief....... Rest in Peace Barry, Kelly and Jeanne Long

11. So Sad.
    I remember seeing him every year at York, and at Louisville in '09 while cruising the hotel parkinglots in the evening with my Dad in his roadster Mr. Lobeck yelled at us from his lawn chair "Hey Vermont!" I couldn't believe he remembered an average-guy '32 roadster out of the sea of people and cars he knew.
    RIP Mr. Lobeck
    B.

12. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

If you believe in forever
    Then life is just a one-night stand
    If there's a rock and roll heaven
    Well you know they've got a hell of a band

Deepest condolences to all his family

13. So Fine

So Fine
    from Austin, TX

So Sad, I have the Duece Barry helped Chris Staneck build in the late 90s. It made the B cover of RJ and a nice spread in SR. "The Lobeck Look" was what drove me to buy the car and I have left it as it was for the 11 years I have owned it!

Barry was always friendly at the car shows even though he didn't know me from Adam!

Hope to see him Hot Rod Heaven!

So Fine

14. 79LOBECK

79LOBECK

Once again, thanks for all your phone calls, texts, emails and visitors to wanted to show there love and support for Barry. We all will miss him terribly and wish he could be here with us. In times like these there comes a sudden loss of words and a ache in your heart that just won't accept that he is gone. Thanks again for all the love and support.

P.S. Sorry God, but heaven will NEVER be the same!

15. We have lost alot of greats lately it seems...all truley sad. I will miss him. Rest in Peace.

16. 36BLUECOUPE

36BLUECOUPE

My Hero died today.

It's good to be seen!
    barry lobeck

17. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

R.I.P. Barry.....You will be missed.

18. RIP Barry
    Always looked forward to BS in witcha ya.

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

So long Barry,... your family and dear friends will be on my prayer list.

20. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Damn, this is really sad news. Barry helped me quite a bit over the years. He was a great guy and alot of fun to be around. RIP

21. Everytime I opened this thread I was afraid I was going to read of Barry's passing.

RIP my friend.

22. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Barry was a trooper he did battle cancer almost 25 yrs ago then had heart complications a few years ago.

23. .......My sincere condolences to the Lobeck Family........

24. RIP Barry. Funny guy.

25. nutbush

nutbush
    from Texas

I fist met Barry in Ok city at the 86 Nats. I bought a super bell axle from him. I was building my 40 standard coupe and he took time to chat a bit. He made me laugh and gave me some good advice. I have respected him ever since. Its a sad day.. His family is in my thoughts.

26. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

Sorry to hear of this.They must be building some great hot Rods in Heaven now.So sad for the family but memories that will last forever.RIP Barry
    Dave Garber

27. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

From all of us at KKOA,our condolences go out to the Lobeck family and friends.He will forever be cruising.

28. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

29. bluegoose

bluegoose

So sorry to hear of Barry's passing. Had him to build a frame for my 37 Ford and he was the very best to do business with. Always had time to talk anywhere we met. His family is in my prayers

30. GregF

GregF

Many memories... He will be missed...