Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features VINTAGE SPRINT CAR PIC THREAD, 1965 and older only please.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Joshua Shaw, Jan 17, 2008.

1. racer5c

racer5c

Your lucky to have that car, glad to see it's getting restored, it's a very significant piece of Midget racing history!

2. Did your car run in 1986 with Vogler at the wheel?

3. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

Thanks, racer5c. I have been wanting to rebulid this car for A while. I also feel lucky to have this car. I grew up watching not only this car win many races but all of lockards cars were fast! thanks for the reply. Tom

4. thesignguy11

thesignguy11
    from Illinois

Great car, nice job on the resto...

5. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

Thanks for the complement thesignguy11. Here is A couple photos of the rear end, I finally finished it! Thanks again for the comment. Tom ( [email protected])

Attached Files:

6. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

Where or how does the back half of the slider box and torque ball fit into the project? Are you going to use a front half as an in/out box and a blocker gear in the rear change gear area?

7. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

The slider box and torque ball mount to the rear motor plate. No in and out box the rear-end used to put in and out of gear.

8. jimg12

jimg12

brian26,
    Yes that is the car Blackie Fortune bought new in 1986 and Rich was the first driver. I have it for sale and have all the documentanions of who drove it [Quick Load car, David Steel, Jack's tool rental- Mockler-ect]. It is for sale. It now has a 355 Chevy in it with an auto tran.[ so you can drive it without any help[and can make it street legal if you want]. $27,500 OBO- Pm me if interested, it will only go up in value. I have another car and do not need 2 cars.
    jim

9. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

Moe, That car is great!! The rear end looks good as new. I just got my rear back together. Can't wait to see it run.

10. Did any 'in car' video come with that car, like from OkC? I noticed a box looking item on the baack of the cage in the USAC vs NCRA video from OkC 1986. I was hoping they had vcr camcorder in it filming.

11. wilburshawfan

wilburshawfan
    from Indiana

Hey Josh, Thinking about coming down for your show. Where is going to be and what are the times? Thanks in advance................Bruce

12. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Would love to have ya! I only have a few Open wheel cars this year. Mostly Vintage Dragsters and Drag cars.

It is Downtown Cincinnati in the DUKE ENERGY Convention Center. 5th st. exit off of I-75 dumps you right next to the building.

Fri. 3-10
    Sat 10-10
    Sun 11-6

Hope to see you there!

JD

13. jimg12

jimg12

brian 26,
    No I do not have any video with the car, sorry.
    Jim

14. moe#69

moe#69
    from Joliet IL

Hello, Thanks BZEIL got any photos? Would love to see them. Here is A couple of the engine coming out. Just got the motor back form the machine shop the other day. Waiting on gaskets, To put back together.

Attached Files:

15. Ok guys, here we go...I am proud to announce that the Winchester Old Timers will be August 20 and 21 at the World Famous Winchester high banked Speedway. We have several things that will be different this year. First of many is, NO PACE Car on vintage laps..... This does NOT mean green flag laps, just a brisker pace that in the last few years. Secondly, we will be offering laps BOTH Saturday and Sunday this year. Other things are in the pipeline which I will share as they get confirmed.
    We had some things last year that did not go as planned. We found out what caused that and it has been corrected. Please contact me direct at: [email protected] with any comments or questions.

Charlie Shaw, the owner of Winchester Speedway has asked us to do whatever it takes to assist any vintage car owner/driver to have a pleasurable experience at the track this summer.
    We will also be reserving a block of rooms at the host motel for the vintage group. More details as they become available. We will be doing a mail out to every vintage car/driver that has been there in the past in the next month or so. We will be updating the Winchester Old Timers web site in the near future. Watch for info and photos from last year.
    Thanks and look forward to seeing you there,
    HG :cool:

16. Lumpy95

Lumpy95

Here is Freddy Carpenter at Syracuse N.Y.ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
    In the Sim Clark, Cyclone Special. Hired gun.<O:p></O:p>
    Qualifying at 100+MPH looks like he is coming <O:p></O:p>
    Out of the seat. 1938<O:p></O:p>
    the other pic is Sim Clark going high
    @ Thompson, Conn.

Attached Files:

17. Well, thank you anyway.Had to try.

18. daveww1

daveww1

[​IMG]URC at Nazareth, PA. Highway Auto Body car

19. daveww1

daveww1

20. daveww1

daveww1

More URC at Nazareth
    [​IMG]

21. daveww1

daveww1

22. daveww1

daveww1

23. Denny Zimmerman

Denny Zimmerman

daveww1, Great pictures, keep em coming. That's Al Loquasto in Scats's car. Denny Z

24. Dave, it's pictures like those that keep me coming back to this thread. Thanks for posting them!

25. Jim Dieter

Jim Dieter
    from Joliet

Absolutely agree.

26. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

and airborne

27. weathrmn

weathrmn

Scat's cars always Ford power.

28. Can someone ID both car & driver in post #12727 ???
    mlight9

29. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

wynn's1 or denny z, will def be able to ID the URC pics from Dave

30. Denny Zimmerman

Denny Zimmerman

mlight9, I think the 75 was Bill Bauer's car and Bryant Ingalls did drive it. I'm a little bit guessing here but that's what my feeble brain is telling me. The other car in the picture I don't know. Denny Z