Register now to get rid of these ads!

I need a wiring diagram-54 Chry New Yorker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jxnslotcar, Dec 10, 2010.

1. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

I got the car with no drivetrain which I am installing now. I am changing over to a 12 volt system but using parts of the old harness which is in good shape. I need a diagram for this car if anyone has it or knows where I may be able to get a copy of one. This car has a positive ground system which of course I will need to change as well. Any and all help would be much appreciated. I did find a thread where I got the link for how-to-build-hotrods.com which answered alot of my questions as far as switches,ect. Thanks in advance for any help. Jim

2. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

Someone must have a diagram of these cars. I realize that everyone may think of these cars as some ugly duck but in actuality they are pretty cool old cars and deserve more respect than what they get. this is one car that is going to make a pretty cool hot rod. I may be defiling it in mopar guys eyes by putting a small block in it but frankly had a big block mopar built for it but couldn't make it fit without major surgery and then had a small block dodge engine and trans mocked up in it but could not get a starter bolted into place without major surgery concerning the steering because of the P/S gear box and the way the steering works on this car. So I have put a SBC in it with block hugger headers from Speedway-perfect! I will post some pics of it when I get camera from my son.
    I still need to fit tranny in the car and may have to do some tunnel work but until I get a free hoist to do that,i am going to start on the airing and could really use a wiring diagram. Somebody? Anybody?

3. squirrel

squirrel

The Motors manual I have only has wiring diagrams back to 57. I have a 55-56 plymouth manaul that has wiring diagrams, it's likely that the wiring in your Chrysler is similar to the 55 plymouth, but there will probably be differences.

Best thing to do is to find the original factory service manual for your car, then you'll have all this info at your fingertips when you need it.

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=1954+chrysler+manual

Attached Files:

4. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Don't fool yourself into thinking 50+ year old wiring is "pretty good"......it is not, even though it looks like it.
    Your car on fire is what you are risking.

5. jxnslotcar

jxnslotcar

Thank you I bought a service manual from a place in Ohio. I hadn't thought about this. Jim

6. nada

nada
    from prescott

Sorry I just sawthis post...I do have a shop manual for 1954 for future reference! 55 too!

7. alicia-dusty

alicia-dusty

I found mine on E BAY for a '47 chrysler. 11"X17" color and laminated for @ $15.00. It's a 6 volt chart, I went with RON FRANCIS WIRING. The wiring scares the hell out of me. GOOD LUCK! www.ClassicCarWiring.com (917) 861 9131