Register now to get rid of these ads!

Allentown Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigAl1961, Jan 4, 2011.

1. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

Is this one worth the drive from Ct.?:confused: Looking for something to do to break up the winter.

2. sawzall

sawzall

how far???
    its an hour for us.. and sometimes. its only slightly worth it.

3. fryguy

fryguy

Don't believe him Big Al. He's only telling you that so he can keep all the good stuff for himself.

Paul

4. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

Probably about a 3 1/2 hr drive.

5. 5window

5window

About 2 hours for me-and I was wondering the same thing.

6. There is more than just the show there in Allentown. There is a pretty good Food Market right next door and a Antique Car Museum. I'm going to the museum this trip.

Murph

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

It's not the worth a 3 hour drive for you...it's small and usually the same vendors are there. You might find something outside in the swap meet if the weather is not too cold....we'll probably get to it first though...hahaha

However, if you make a day of it..hit the farmers market as suggested...maybe that museum that was metioned I would say yes...no for just the swap meet though.

8. yekoms

yekoms

I agree with sawzall. 45 minutes for me.
    It depends on what you're lookin' for. You just never know what stuff or connections you may find at a swap meet though.

Maybe if you need a winter time car fix you could check out the garage night at http://www.rollingboneshotrodshop.com/ and the car museum at Saratoga Springs.
    It's a bit closer to you.
    Smokey

9. BigAl1961

BigAl1961

Thanks guys, Think I'll pass on this one. Glad I asked.

10. oldolds

oldolds

If the trip produces that one piece of unobtainium for you it was worth it. It's a gamble so roll the dice. I vend there and have regular customers from Long Island every year. They usually come 5 or 6 guys in a van split the expenses. They make it a road trip for the guys. Remember to tell your woman what a wasted trip it was.

11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Do a search ( AutoMania) and you will find some pics from previous years ....

12. historynw

historynw

I went last year its almost 3 for me we broke up the trip stopping for breakfast. We did see a lots of stuff bought small things. My buddy got a new pair of ford 302 heads from New Zealand. I look for the odd car stuff.

That freaking farmers market is the bomb get there early and get lunch you can't eat all of whats in that place its huge.

13. jmthehermit

jmthehermit
    from Bath, Pa.

Aah, the farmers market. Scrapple and Liver Pudding. The finest of the gray meats.:D:D

14. Patdoody

Patdoody

when is this meet? Im about 2hrs away but I can make a night snowboarding trip out of it as well, if its still in season.

15. jmthehermit

jmthehermit
    from Bath, Pa.

January 14 - 16. Google automania

16. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Hell NO ! I am 3 hours away in southern Pa and I am not going . Too far but I did hear people got good buys there before .
    If you are going to dive this far , you have the Carsile Events all summer in Carsile , then you have Hershey in Oct . If you can only make it to one show , drive down for the week to Hershey !

Retro Jim

17. Patdoody

Patdoody

figures I will be out of town that weekend..