Register now to get rid of these ads!

Open Drive Conversion Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Helloosination, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Helloosination

Helloosination

If I chose to convert to an open driveshaft trans in my 35 Ford and use some type of strut rod support like in the Drake book, am I still going to have issues such as bending of the rear wishbone, chatter on launch, etc?

Thanks,

Dennis

2. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Not sure about the book reference but chatter should be less of an issue since the axle wouldn't be attached to the transmission by the torque tube. Any pics of the "strut rod support"? I've seen people add an upper link to the radius rods, basically making them ladder bars.

3. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Here ya go...

4. Patdoody

Patdoody

I am also interested in this. I just picked up an open drive rear for my 31 coupe. I am still planning out what to do about the rear rr's

5. Helloosination

Helloosination

Does this kit replace the existing wishbone or is just modified with new bracket and heim joint?

6. kustoms36

kustoms36

just need enlarge the hole at ends of wishbone,bolts bracket on your x member..iyou ever need one of this bracket i have one from a past project 1/2 price!