Register now to get rid of these ads!

6cyl question for Aussie HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xafalcongs, Jan 4, 2011.

1. xafalcongs

xafalcongs

Do any of y'all know the L x W x H of a XF Falcon EFI 4.1L crossflow 6? Thinking about using one for a project but not sure if it will be too tall.

--X

2. hellzombie

hellzombie

Hi mate,

I haven't got the 4.1 efi but I have a 4.0 efi in my XG daily so it's pretty much the same engine?

Just ran a tape measure over it in the car and the dimesions are approximately 80cm (L) x 60cm (W) x 65cm (H).

Length was measured from back of head/block to outerside of front pulleys (didn't inlcude fan)
    Width was measured from outside of extractors to outside of intake manifold/runners on the opposite side
    Height was measured from lowest sump point to just a little above oil filler cap on rocker cover

Hope this helps
    hellzombie

3. xafalcongs

xafalcongs

Thanks mate! BTW, is the XG 4.0 the first of the OHC 6's?

--X

4. hellzombie

hellzombie

I think the 4.0L OHC 6 first came out in the EB Series II and the XG got that same engine.

Now I think about the engine in my XG is actually a later EL XR6 motor transplant but the dimensions should still be the same for all the 4.0L engines