Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Airbags on my 1957 F100 (Build Thread) Finally!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by custom100, Dec 13, 2010.

1. custom100

custom100

Sorry for the delay. Here are pics of the notch all welded and ground down! It looks CRAZY!!! As I said in a previous post, my buddy has done this a few times and I can't believe how nice it turned out. Couldn't have done it without him.

So this weekend is I'm gonna start setting up the 4-Link and get the axle back under the truck. The 4-Link wasn't set up for the truck to get as low as I'm setting it up so I can already see some adjustments in my future.

Attached Files:

2. custom100

custom100

Spent last weekend setting up the 4-Link. Had to cut the front mounts down to get the geometry that I wanted at my ride height. The lower bag mounts are set up to lock into and weld to the rear 4-Link mounts which is really cool.

I am gonna have to make some different panhard mounts though. I want it to be long so my axle doesn't shift a bunch so it needs to sit below the frame. It's set up in the kit to go inside the frame rails.

Attached Files:

3. newpy383

newpy383

Awesome! I like low trucks.

4. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

lookin great!

Later,Bill

5. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Looks killer! Bring it up along with Mike's 66 and we can work on mine. Ha ha!

6. farmer12

farmer12

Great fabrication! Nice truck.

7. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

any idea of the particular paint code / name / brand on the 57? Love the color!

oh yeah...and the notch ! A+ work !

8. fender lizard

fender lizard
    from mcallen tx

Thanks for postin those pics! looks killer, c notch is cool as hell

9. Mattilac

Mattilac

Looks friggin sweet.

10. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

what's that clean white thing under the truck? Oh wait, that's the garage floor....:rolleyes:

Nice!

11. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Looking killer man! This thing is going to be baaaaaaaaad!

12. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I wish I could find a straight 57 short wide big window, been looking for a long time. I'm envious.
    Only thing better would be a 57 Merc pickup.

13. panhard? go watts link, man!
    JML

14. custom100

custom100

I thought a lot about doing a watts link! The kit came with a panhard and because I love the stance of the truck now, I'm setting it up to ride about an inch lower then it sits now. That means the truck wont lay on the ground when it's aired out. Without that huge amount of travel there isn't a need for a watts link. They do look really cool though.

I have the panhard set up on the truck now, so I'll see how far the axle shifts and make up my mind.

Thanks again everybody for the compliments! It is definitely motivating to come on here and read the posts.

I do know the paint code but I don't think I want to tell what kind of car it came off of.:D

Here are some pics of the panhard set up. I had to make the tear drop shaped brackets on the passenger side to get the bar level at ride height.

Attached Files:

15. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Looks great. I am such a loser though. I have had my truck for over five years and I can't even open the door there is so much stuff piled on it.

16. custom100

custom100

Thank you!

I've had tons of projects sit, just like everybody else on the HAMB!

I just wanna say Kustom Chief, I share your sentiment! I MISS PASO!!!! I want that show back! I want it in the park like it was for years! There will never be a show that good again, unless they take it back there!

17. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

I know....It was perfect. I can still remember being there and watching the cars just roll in through the night. It was perfect. I haven't been to Santa Maria but I hear it isn't the same. I do love SLO though. A great town....and California hotties. haha.

I need to get my ass in the garage someday soon.

18. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Awesome work man i cant wait to see it slammed!

19. UNDR8D

UNDR8D
    from Ojai, CA

That looks super clean man. We should trade notes or meet up at a show some time. I live down in Ventura. I'm building a frame for air for my '57.
    Keep the updates coming.

20. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Coming along man! Looks like this thing is done JUST RIGHT! Can't wait to see the final stance ;)

21. bstie

bstie

Great work - your truck is awesome!

22. R33CHEBY

R33CHEBY

Your rear bag set up is some of the best I've seen in a while. Sweet ride.

23. banditomerc

banditomerc

This thread is right on.Nice clean work.

24. revray

revray

That is BaddAss!

25. custom100

custom100

I know it's been a little while since my last post, but I HAVE been working on it. I really like the look of the valve block that AccuAir makes so I built a mount for it on the bridge that I set up between my notches. I had a local guy bend me a piece of tubing for the bridge so it would bend around the pumpkin when the truck is down. I think it'll look cool once I build a notch cover that will hinge up so you can see everything.

I also got the front air lines run down inside the frame rail and through the notch like I wanted! It went really smooth. Now you wont see any of the air lines or wiring along the frame when the bed is on.

Got everything else all welded into place. Now I just have to get the frame all sprayed black and I think I'm gonna paint the bars to match the truck. I'm not a painter by trade so wish me luck.:confused:

Attached Files:

26. AccuAir

AccuAir

Nice work. That Valve Mount is Killer! Thanks for being as proud of our products as we are :D We appreciate your support!

27. custom100

custom100

So here is the latest. I'm pushing to get this thing done because I want to drive it down to GNRS this coming weekend. I got frame and all the link bars painted over the weekend and it's all bolted back together! I cut the bed floor out and I am planning on building a round notch cover that will hinge so I can access everything if I need to. I kinda doubt I'll have the cover done by this weekend though.

The new stance is PERFECT!:D I set the truck up so when it's all the way down it will still roll. Just Barely!!!

Now I have to get the AccuAir system on it and it's done! I can't wait to see how it rides! I love the stance, but I really did this for the ride quality.

Attached Files:

28. Wow, Nice work man. Do you happen to have any pictures of your ride sensors mounted aon the rear of the truck and possibly a better on of the front. I have the accuair system on order and cant wait to recieve it.

Thanks
    Justin

29. Kustomline54

Kustomline54

thats just badass. Looks awesome!

30. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Looking great!