Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Will these new Cragar wheels get me banned???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dimebag, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Sounds like you need the tampon. :eek: You came on the HAMB, not Ol' Skool Rat Rodz. We like history. We respect it. It's not the "build your car the way you want" site and has never been. You will NOT change that.

2. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

oh, so this IS the "build YOUR car the way the hamb tells you" site.

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy wide whites dimebag. I thought a bunch of gearheads turned it into a topical discussion of wheel and tire choices over the years. Did you miss my "milk crate" comment? Maybe I shoulda spilled my coffee out and took the "it's your car..." cop out, but then again I don't like my dick slammed in the door either. I gotta stuff a tampon over it to stop the bleeding.

I guess the problem is the mindset one has when they read. If I stood up on my milk crate and crowed my opinion loud and obnoxious in person, how far would it get? Not very. If I have a friendly discussion with fellow hoodlums and we all share and hear everyone's points and understand how it got started in the first place without comparing the sizes of our dicks, it goes farther. In this case since most of it was sensible and respectful (not all of it) it went 13 fuckin pages. I particularly enjoyed some of the pics, hemi's outlook, rick finch's comments, and a few of the more sardonic responses as well. Common or not we learned it was done. We learned that some wheels are kool for select expositions and some just flat suck. We learned that right or wrong some just don't like the combo. I respect that more than your desire to learn. Sadly, I now question whether or not this was productive for the majority of readers. Maybe I'll work the gate at one of these shows and...

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I don't even know why you come here, maybe just to argue.

It's not build it the way the HAMB says, it's build it within the the confines of what the site is about. It's akin to going to a Mustang site with a Camaro. It doesn't fly.

5. robleticia

robleticia

Damnit! I'm out of popcorn, gonna run to the store, be back in a minute!

6. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

no man, arguing and gettin involved in a discussion are two different things. i see the point you and others are makin. i just get a little tweeked when everybody jumps on the band wagon and says you cant do this or that. BUT,if it were anyone in the hamb elite club, he would be gettin praised for his choice on those wheels.

7. beanis

beanis

No, actually you get two for one:

It's the : build the car the WAY WE say is historic, (which is essentially the stuff we saw and/or like, not what you might have seen and/or like, or can document, or is historically plausible, entirely possible and probably likely). And, we'll display tremendous sanctimony and use a whole lot of foul language and subjective opinion as if it's fact to shout you down site.

But wait! You also get...

The: Don't ask your stupid questions about what you should do with your car you stupid little troll, get a backbone and figure it out without bothering us, because our cars, intellect and opinions are far too superior to discuss anything so trivial with you site.

What a deal!

8. bobscogin

bobscogin

Following this thread has lead me to the conclusion that questions about the suitability of a part or modification should not be phrased in the "what do you guys think" form. Tell us what period your car best represents, tell us about the modification or part, then ask if it would be "historically accurate". At least we would be arguing history rather than opinion, and history is well documented.

Bob

9. hemi

hemi

[​IMG]

Okay..

There sure is a lot of dick talk... LOL.

pBeanis... You can get mad because your WWII rat rod wet dream never happened, I am sorry... but your outlook on things really does you no favors.

chopt55bc... Rat rods are for people who really don't care to get things right. Not caring about getting things right is not what this site was started for. I don't see why you are here if you can't see that.. or anyone else for that matter. I don't get it.

Dimebag... I am sorry I helped hijack your thread to give an opinion on something you asked for an opinion on and fell into a discussion with people other than yourself. I love wheel discussions. I like wheels. I like the right wheels on the right cars. It's actually part of my job. I am sorry I got carried away with a civil debate. To answer your original question, your 2010 retro-musclecar wheels will be fine with wide whitewalls on your '50 Chevy in a traditional-themed show if they decide to let you in, and you can do whatever you want. It's not on the money, but it's your money...

I'm not trying to be right, but I like what is... instead of another uninformed "hell yeah bro" I was offering a "I wouldn't" and a few logical reasons why. In the end it's your decision...

High fives and Fonzi hugs for everyone. I'm going to go slam my dick in the door... it feels good. I'm traditional gay. It gets the "your mom smell" off...

[​IMG]

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.