Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

I wish I did. I post pics on the board occasionally in the rare hope that some Texas hot rodders will recognize it since it still wears the old paint job. When the injection was running well I learned the real definition of throttle response LOL.

els likes this.
  2. vetrod62

vetrod62

3. Super442s

Super442s

The old Modified Production class was soooooo cool. Far, FAR more cool than the throttle stopped Super Gas yawners of today

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  4. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

This thread has my Blood pumping what a awesome thread. I grew up around vettes and my Dad and his brother raced them and my dad brother had a 66 he raced at 42 and norwalk back in the day. I remember all his buddys had vettes and would cut them all up with flared fenders and sidepipes. These were 66 and 67 they were cutting. My dad has a 67 with a bunch of custom mods but it was wrecked way back then and is setting in the barn. The guy hit a train. Would be a fun project to build someday. My dad said I can have it, but man is it a mess.

scott27 and els like this.
  5. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

6. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

Forgot my dads brother wrecked the 65 or 66 vette he raced, he lost his brakes and drove off into the trees at the end of 42.

els likes this.
  7. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oops- how'd that get in here? ;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55, quick85, els and 2 others like this.
  8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

9. Duntov-097

Duntov-097

10. Duntov-097

Duntov-097

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
    els, T-roaster and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  11. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Love this shot of my favorite year....
    [​IMG]

12. biggen

biggen

local street racer back in the day

Attached Files:

els likes this.
  13. dawg

dawg

Heres one I just did for a customer. Probably not HAMB friendly but a hotrod Corvette, nonetheless

Attached Files:

14. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I was going through a bunch of old Hotrod mags the other day....'64-5 era, and there were quite a Stingrays with RECTANGLE tailights, tuck n' roll interiors and candy paint...they rule.

16. lawbreaker2

lawbreaker2
    from ohio

Cool I to have a bunch of old mass from the 70's with custom vettes with wild paint and tilt front ends and looks like corvette summer. I love it but I don't have puter right now so no scans to post up or I would. Really love thisthread.

els likes this.
  17. jimdillon

jimdillon

I have tried for some time to figure out whose car this was. It looks a bit like Mazmanians car only it is a 62. Even the lettering is similar on the window. Thought it may have been Earl Wade who I believe ran a 62 (and I believe he drove the 61 Maz Vette for a few races and I have been told did a bit of tuning with Nicholson on the car) or maybe Mike Lenke's 62 although I heard his was pretty stock. If anyone recognizes the car feel free to chime in and/or tell me I'm nuts-Jim

[​IMG][​IMG]

Here is Maz's 61 I believe in 1962-prior to the big lump on the hood. It may have been driven at that time by Earl Wade who was Nicholson's right hand man on dyno tuning. That may be Wade in the light coat. Note the same style of class designation on the window (maybe put on originally by Wade or Nicholson-a guess). Note the 6 tail lights on both Maz's car and the black 62 which appears to be A/SP-maybe this is Lenke's black 62-the wheelwells appear to be radiused though??

[​IMG]

Here is Wade holding his class trophy at the 62 Winternats in his A/SP winner.

[​IMG]
    this car is just one that is what I consider a pretty cool pic on a number of fronts.
    [​IMG]

chryslerfan55, els and T-roaster like this.
  18. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

This is a 63 split window that belonged to a friend of mine. Picture was taken in the mid to late 60's. Car ran modified sport in the Detriot area due to the engine set back. Car had a big block with very tall Hilborn Injector tubes that stuck through the hood. Unfortunately Jack passed away a few years ago or there would be more detail. Picture quality is not great as it was taken with a Polaroid camera

Attached Files:

19. vetrod62

vetrod62

That was cool stuff, have done all of that. Below are pictures of my 45 year owned 62'. No one was ever guessed the tail lights.

Mid to late 60s
    [​IMG]

Mid 70s
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

90s to present, Baddest Hot Rod of all.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

Vetrod, I've got that front shot as my desktop .beautiful car

els likes this.
  21. Deuces

Deuces

I think the Vette shop was located on US-24 Telegragh Rd. in Dearborn some years back... I could be wrong..

22. vetrod62

vetrod62

Thanks, I guess. Where did you get it?? Stop by and I will give you a ride. No one local will get in it. WTF??

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  23. Our57

Our57

These are great! Thanks for posting them. I've raced at Edgewater for years and remember several of those cars. Who owned/drove that white Corvette? I remember seeing it run and win alot at Edgewater. I know it was later named the Stinger but I can't remember who drove it.

24. vetrod62 wrote;
    "That was cool stuff, have done all of that. Below are pictures of my 45 year owned 62'. No one was ever guessed the tail lights. "

I'd say '63 Dodge tail lights. I own both a '62 Vette and a '63 Dodge.

els likes this.
  25. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

can't remember where exactly.If I were closer you could'nt keep me out, thanks bitchin car

26. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

the Clark Rader "Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse" 'Vette with Miss Vaughn

Attached Files:

els likes this.
  27. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

I think the original "Vette Shop" was within Detroit city limits but might very well have relocated to the suburbs as many other businesses did. I was originally from Melvindale, lived in Woodhaven prior to leaving Michigan in 1982.

As a side note Jack also owned a blue C/Gas 37 Chevy named "Running Bear" prior to the Corvette. Used to run at Detroit Dragway but no one seems to remeber it.

28. cooljunk

cooljunk

buick riviera?

els likes this.
  29. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

330 Dodge tail lights, Carcruse called em first but as soon as I saw them I knew them...I have a 63 too.

30. thunderkiss65

thunderkiss65
    from Detroit

Johns Corvette Care was on the northbound side of Telegraph right at the exit to Michigan Ave. There also was a smaller vette body shop on Ford Rd west of Inkster.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    els likes this.